Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

10 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

We will probably offer them 200M then. To get the deal done, although if the guy has any sense he is avoiding here and waiting for Madrid or someone else.

I think before with Abramovich and the culture at the club, we would always attract big players but I think with Boehly & Clearlake now, the lack of success they’ve had already and more incentive/performance based contracts as opposed to the “Abramovich premium wages” as it was put, I don’t think the top top players will be coming here as much as before, particularly now with our position and clear lack of direction.

Yes we got Caicedo and Lavia ahead of Liverpool but they cost nearly £170m combined fees which they may never justify and they aren’t the sort of top elite name players that win you titles. Enzo we were only ones who would pay what it would take to get it done also but even then (and now), will he ever be worth the £100m? 

Who is an elite name who’ll win titles ? Outside of Mbappe, I don’t see such a player anywhere in football where I think they’ll be a sure-fire world class signing.

3 hours ago, DDA said:

This Viktor Gyokeres was flopping in the Championship scoring 43 goals in 116 games for Coventry  now we are after him. 

This club is in the mud. 

Was flopping.. He scored 21 and assisted 10 last season which got him a 20 million move to Sporting.. I wouldn't call this flopping. 

4 hours ago, Strike said:

Who is an elite name who’ll win titles ? Outside of Mbappe, I don’t see such a player anywhere in football where I think they’ll be a sure-fire world class signing.

Not too many of them but yeah guys like Mbappe, Kane, Bellingham, probably Vinicius… not that we’d ever of had a chance regardless but even the tier or two of top players below that, I severely doubt we will sign them with this crowd in charge and the direction we are going.

Under Roman you always felt we would be able to compete for some of the very best players if they wanted to move to England. Irrespective of how we were doing.

Edited by OneMoSalah

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1844436/Chelsea-transfer-news-Mauricio-Pochettino-January-Disasi

According to Express, we are ready to ace 7 players next month:

Disasi, Cucurella, Gusto, Madueke, Broja, Chalobah and Maatsen.

They can all go. Horrible, awful players.. 

1 minute ago, nyikolajevics said:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1844436/Chelsea-transfer-news-Mauricio-Pochettino-January-Disasi

Gusto is not a horrible player. He has  looked pretty decent in nearly every time he has played for us.

2 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Doubt about Gusto. He just arrived and if sold we gonna have zero RBs. 

42 minutes ago, lucio said:

Yes gusto looks good , maatsen will probably turn out well for another club too , playing at LB

Gusto has been among our few somewhat promising looking boehly signings along with Palmer, badiashile, Enzo and to an extent Sterling and Nkunku. The remaining 25 or so are probably just not good enough and also don’t look like they can be motivated. But I doubt someone will take them off us save for those painful subsidised rip off loans . But we have to get rid somehow cos the new zombie dregs are dragging down the rest with their no fks given attitude. The express is a parlous source anyway so doubt we will manage to shift a lot of players. 

2 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Keep Macho, sell the rest without blinking.

3 hours ago, TheHulk said:

All.

Humphreys is having a decent spell in Wales and reportedly was very good in Germany earlier this year too. I think he definetly could be around first team if Thiago and Chalobah leaving and Fofana always injured.

Expect him, only two senior loanees(Kepa and Lukaku) seem to perform on a level which makes me think we could use in first team right now.