Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

On 26/09/2023 at 23:37, OhForAGreavsie said:

Football wise I think we all agree with this but multiple sources are saying that they have information about non football issues which forced the club to sack him. Other than the rumours of an affair with a CFC staff member, I have no idea what these issues might have been but it does seem the club had no option.

Sorry for the late reply, been busy but back to what you're was saying.

I hear your point, but the whole thing backfired  the owners miscalculated the whole situation they wanted to control the narrative by using the media. Feeding the press fake news

I dont believe them for a second  lets say he had an affair it didn't stop him from winning cl
Tuchel wasn't the   issue, 

The real issue here is they wanting to change a club overnight. 

Do you know what strikes me as odd ? 

This past summer when they offloaded all the players it  almost felt like the players knew what's to come in the near by future suddenly everbody was warming up to the idea of leaving and thats a bad sign.

5 hours ago, TheHulk said:

This or if not him Wirtz.

I don't think Wirtz would do as well in the Prem.. been watching him abd although he does look good, he doesn't stand out as a dead cert to flourish in this league. We need a playmaker who is quicker on the ball with lighting quick decisions being made on the ball.

We have no player in our attack that demands fear from opposing defenders. Ever since Hazard left. If we look at the history we always played our best when we had one or two of these type players. All our attackers are pretty soft bar Broja but he still needs to prove himself more by getting on the scoresheet. Hopefully that changes when Nkunku comes back he’ll be like a new signing I hope.

26 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Don't think any defensive line will like Jackson dribbling at them. Palmer looks to have some quick feet too. Mudryk beating you on the sprint. 

Attack has some qualities that need to be amplified. 

In some ways, our struggles are helping them.
Jackson does not dribble that much actually; he makes good runs with the ball.
Normally, these runs would be done by the backline, and attackers would be pinned up front as we press the opposition. Nowadays, because we are fair game, we are getting some spaces for counters. This will change when and if the team improves.

34 minutes ago, Vesper said:

bollocks

You never know.

Would Salah be the Salah we know, if he stayed here? Easy revisionism to say yes, but I doubt football works this way. If they'd hit the right situation in the right time, yeah, sure, otherwise they could be the stories we've seen plenty in last decade.

15 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

You never know.

Would Salah be the Salah we know, if he stayed here? Easy revisionism to say yes, but I doubt football works this way. If they'd hit the right situation in the right time, yeah, sure, otherwise they could be the stories we've seen plenty in last decade.

no

it is a ridiculous devaluation of them as players

Tchou would magically turn into Ampadu and Osimhen into Tammy just because they came to Chels??

come on

28 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

You never know.

I'm not going to dig out my post from 10 years ago again, but Salah had very much World Class written all over; he never dropped a level and was already WC material at Roma, which evidently made Liverpool go all in for him. Our handling of Salah (and KDB) was criminal, IMO.

I honestly believe they just have different ceilings as players, and esp, some characteristics make them more or less effective in the PL, as well as more or less effective at a big club (less counter-attacking for ex).

There are tons or variables, which makes these assessments difficult, but I ultimately believe Tammy prob reached his ceiling as a player, and there's nothing wrong with that; he's good striker ... never going to be elite tho. Ampadou I never rated, so not sure.

Edited by robsblubot

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

no

it is a ridiculous devaluation of them as players

Tchou would magically turn into Ampadu and Osimhen into Tammy just because they came to Chels??

come on

The current ones or before they've got their big moves ones?

Current ones would probably be great to have, but I wouldn't bet my head on it. The only truly high(ish) profile players we've got recently I remember was Lukaku (duh) and KK, who I believed will be absolute goat here. No go.

Would Lille Osimhen and Monaco Tchou realize their potential here, like they did in Napoli and Real? I don't remember when such thing happened with us tbh. Werner and Havertz were the next big hot thing, wanted by many clubs at the time and it ended like always. In very recent history the only truly booming players here I can remember are, excluding academy, Kante, Hazard, Mendy and for a short while Rudi, when blessed with Tuchel touch. Statistically we are not great for realizing potential, but if I'm wrong it's a good news, as we've bought 623 players being nothing but potential and some of them even show some actual footballing skill, so maybe we will get a few players, similar to current Tchou and Oshimen from them. Hopefully Hazard wasn't the shot of our scouting department lives and there is more to come.

So who are some other proven striker targets we could move for in January? I see Arse are apparently going to go hard after Toney and it’s highly unlikely he’d choose us in our current state ahead of a team near the top of the table and in the UCL.

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

So who are some other proven striker targets we could move for in January? I see Arse are apparently going to go hard after Toney and it’s highly unlikely he’d choose us in our current state ahead of a team near the top of the table and in the UCL.

Tbh I know that's not what heart calls for, but I doubt we are going for anyone.

Who is leaving if we do? Broja for some spare change? Or Jackson/Nkuku after 6 months? We are not paying through the roof and hand out long contracts to flip those players like crazy, esp. when we are not increasing their value but rather opposite. Honorable mention the Washington guy also is somewhere around.
And just a reminder Lukaku is still our player. I'd like to have Osimhen somehow, but it's not like De Laurentis is giving us his superstar for 35 million because the fella is offended.
And we are not paying 120 million while not even having a shirt sponsor.
And having 5-6 players for a single spot is reportedly one of the key reasons of our post-takeover misery.

Toney, I don't care, as a Chelsea fan I'm not really into having players banned for betting here.

Edited by Vegetable

18 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

The current ones or before they've got their big moves ones?

Current ones would probably be great to have, but I wouldn't bet my head on it. The only truly high(ish) profile players we've got recently I remember was Lukaku (duh) and KK, who I believed will be absolute goat here. No go.

Would Lille Osimhen and Monaco Tchou realize their potential here, like they did in Napoli and Real? I don't remember when such thing happened with us tbh. Werner and Havertz were the next big hot thing, wanted by many clubs at the time and it ended like always. In very recent history the only truly booming players here I can remember are, excluding academy, Kante, Hazard, Mendy and for a short while Rudi, when blessed with Tuchel touch. Statistically we are not great for realizing potential, but if I'm wrong it's a good news, as we've bought 623 players being nothing but potential and some of them even show some actual footballing skill, so maybe we will get a few players, similar to current Tchou and Oshimen from them. Hopefully Hazard wasn't the shot of our scouting department lives and there is more to come.

I 100% stand by my original statements

following your logic basically no players would work out here

you are advocating (perhaps unknowingly) for only buying players at prime Messi, CR7, Mbappe, Håland, Benz, Lewa level

good luck with that

also

I was a huge KK fangirl for years, but he came off my lists 2 years ago, as he was ageing out then

Lukaku is a cunt, never wanted him

Mendy was a one year wonder and was always shit at pens

I wanted Oblak for YEARS

we were FOOLS to loan Cuntois to AM for three straight years, thus enabling to set down Madrid roots