Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

12 hours ago, Thor said:

I think this is really a cop out excuse given results so far. 

Reality is - people said Enzo and Caceido would transform our team. We got massive targets we wanted, we have experience, and there is quality there. People are seeing the results as is, and act like we haven't got a team worth jack. It just isn't the case. 

If we want to look at things properly, we were in massive decline for a while now. Go look at our results, scoring, and league finishes since our last title. Roman got out at a great time from a saving his narrative perspective. We had some horrible transfer windows to finish things off. This lot has made their mistakes, but rectified it pretty quickly. Overspent on some? Sure. But they ended up getting the massive targets most wanted on here - and did the best job I've seen of getting rid of deadwood. This is almost inarguable. 

Is it a big change with lots of hurt along the way? Seems so. But sometimes its better to pull the bandaid off fast, feel the pain, and recover quicker after that. It really isn't all doom and gloom like some make it out to be here. I'm guilty of it too when our games are on and we're struggling, but a few things fined tuned and we're going to be on a better path. 

I'm just not going to sit here and pretend we don't have quality and experience. RJ, Silva, BC, Enzo, Sterling, etc have all won the biggest competitions in world football. Caceido and Gallagher are experience PL footballers. Disasi is an experienced footballer. 

Fickle, fickle fans who have been spoilt rotten, and we've been fortunate to have won that CL title two years ago that smoothed over and made things look better than they were from a club heading downwards perspective. We deserved the title, but what I'm saying is, we were't close to winnings leagues, and were suited to being a cup team that could make it happen on the day.

If you don't believe me about the fickle fans, and that includes all of us btw, not singling out - look at all the people that were happy with the signings, didn't want Felix and Vlahovic, and are now saying - can't believe we didn't sign them. Its damned if you do, damned if you don't. Fans never take the time to look at causation/correlation type shit. They just look at the end result and scream bloody murder. 

Ownership is the least of the problem. They've come in and invested. They've shown they want to keep investing if they do make a mistake. What the current situation tells me is we were going rotten a while back with shitty transfers, being on the downslope, and being poorly managed, and its all come to a head. City and Barca have had the best model of continued success and they have done it with multi club models and creating consistency in style of play between youth and senior. That takes some time, but ownership look to be doing that on an even grander scale.

We were fortunate we had shitty play at times masked by nice results, where as now its transitioning the other way. Talks of relegation are asinine btw. We'll be fine. There is so much quality on the pitch.

Well you're entitled to your own opinion.

I wasn't in that camp claiming that, even though Nothing against caceido. That hefty price tag is hard to ignore hopefully he can start producing the goods. Football is funny  because it can change in a blink of an eye like all aspects in life.

But these issues that we are facing as of right now boils down to wanting to transform the club over night

- Getting rid of the medical department

- Firing Tuchel, he won us cl he deserved more time

-  Bringing back lampard sec time, when its clear as day to see he's not good enough.

- Getting rid of so many players under 1 transfer window never seen it before

- Buying only young, we've seen this before Arsenal under wenger 

- The list of errors is there for everybody to see.

We see things differently I love the old regime and roman was the best owner because he both showed it and proved it he's passion, joy while in the stands under he's spell we were a force to be reckoned with well respected every Champions league club's knew it will be a battle coming up against us.

Did roman make mistakes ? absolutely everybody does but it is a difference roman made acceptable mistakes, this new todd bohely, begdali what have you new owners they're behaving like they're on a computer playing fantasy league or football manager.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Maddison was only 9 months over the arbitrary cut off age of 25 and under

Date of birth/Age: Nov 23, 1996 (26)

Lucas Paquetá was DAYS too 'old'!!!

Date of birth/Age: Aug 27, 1997 (26)

ffs

This role is severely lacking in the roster right now. 😕 

I know folks won't agree, but given the lack of options I'd have retained RLC for another season, if possible.

6 hours ago, Amad_diallo said:

Firing Tuchel, he won us cl he deserved more time

Football wise I think we all agree with this but multiple sources are saying that they have information about non football issues which forced the club to sack him. Other than the rumours of an affair with a CFC staff member, I have no idea what these issues might have been but it does seem the club had no option.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

Ivan Toney to Arsenal or Chelsea?

Let’s start today’s column with Ivan Toney. Last week I told you that two clubs had asked for information on the Brentford striker ahead of the January transfer window - Chelsea and Arsenal. Both clubs are informed on the conditions of the deal.

Arsenal still need to decide internally if they want to sign another offensive player or not, and this is something they will do together soon, with Mikel Arteta set to be heavily involved in the process as always.

Let’s see if other clubs enter into the race as well. Toney has made it a priority to try a new challenge in 2024, with his preference being to stay in the Premier League, so this is why he joined the Stellar agency group, and let’s see what happens in the next months.

As for this tweet that got a few Arsenal fans excited, I was just confirming what I shared last week. Arsenal are interested in Toney deal conditions, same for Chelsea. There’s nothing new yet and nothing will happen now but these two clubs are interested and monitoring the situation.

As we saw with Mikel Arteta’s approach to signing David Raya when he already had Aaron Ramsdale, I think we’re evolving into modern football with rotations, changes - it’s not a scandal to have one more important player. So I’m sure Arsenal are making that kind of improvement as they want to be competitive on all fronts, that’s their idea - but then it’s too early to say if Toney could be part of this plan or not.

And as I also said, Chelsea are also interested and we know they’re struggling for goals at the moment, so let’s see if they will decide to go for Ivan Toney or a different kind of player.

Luka Vušković signs for Tottenham😢

https://thedailybriefing.io/i/137405981/luka-vuskovic-signs-for-tottenham

Tottenham oficializa contratação de Luka Vuskovic

Luka Vušković to Tottenham was a ‘here we go’ almost two or three weeks ago, and now it’s official - Vušković has joined Tottenham from Hajduk Split for £12m.

The 16-year-old defender, born in 2007, now becomes the most expensive player in his position and his age group in the history of the game. It’s a done deal, but he will stay on loan with Hajduk Split for two more seasons, so joining Spurs in the summer of 2025 (if he had been born 25 days earlier, he could have come in January 2005), but it was crucial for them to sign this player now because there were other clubs in the race.

In the end, Tottenham moved fast and beat two English clubs (Chelsea and Manchester City) to the signing of Vušković, and it looks like a smart piece of business for the future.

1e27be6916ede308c4d9a2ee455bd1c5.png

Warren Zaire-Emery closing in on new PSG deal

We had a lot of rumours about PSG youngster Warren Zaire-Emery during the summer, particularly about Manchester City. While it’s true that Man City appreciate the player, who is a top talent, it was never something concrete.

Firstly, it’s been claimed that Zaire-Emery could be a target for City in a swap deal with PSG for Bernardo Silva, but the truth is that City never considered letting Bernardo leave the club this summer. There was no way for any negotiation, swap deal or otherwise, and they made this clear with formal communication to both PSG and another suitor Barcelona.

In any case, it was also the case that PSG never had any intention to let Zaire-Emery go - there was never any possibility because they consider him a crucial player, exactly the kind of profile they want. He’s a young talented French player with a strong relationship with the club, and that’s something they’re now trying to build.

So, keep an eye on Zaire-Emery and a contract extension at PSG, because it’s now advancing to the final steps. PSG are on it, especially the president Nasser Al-Khelaifi, because he considers Zaire-Emery a crucial part of the team’s future.

2 hours ago, whats happening said:

osimhen has a fall out with whole napoli club. time to buy our striker

Victor Osimhen considers legal action against Napoli after the club posts and deletes a bizarre TikTok video where they mock their own player for missing a penalty... with his agent brandishing it as 'unacceptable'

• Victor Osimhen missed a penalty during Napoli's goalless draw with Bologna
  • The club posted a bizarre TikTok video appearing to mock him for the penalty
  • Osimhen's agent suggests that the player is considering legal action

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12564237/Victor-Osimhen-considers-legal-action-against-Napoli-club-posts-deletes-bizarre-TikTok-video-mock-player-missing-penalty-agent-brandishing-unacceptable.html

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is considering taking legal action against his own club after a bizarre TikTok video which appeared to mock him for missing a penalty at the weekend

Victor Osimhen is considering legal action against Napoli over a bizarre video which was posted on their TikTok account. 

The striker who fired Napoli to a first league title in over 30 years last season, was the target of a video where he was mocked by his own club on social media on Tuesday.

Napoli's video centered around his penalty miss during Sunday's goalless draw against Bologna.

It was a rare miss for the Nigerian who has scored 62 goals in 107 appearances for the Serie A side, yet the video appeared to mock him for his attempts to persuade for the penalty to be given.

The video shows the 24-year-old appealing for a penalty, but using a strange sped-up voice with the caption 'Gimme penalty please' before showing him blazing the spot-kick wide of the post.

Osimhen's agent, Roberto Calenda, has suggested that Osimhen is considering legal action against his club over the now deleted video.

Calenda tweeted: 'What happened today on Napoli's official profile on the TikTok platform is not acceptable. 

'A video mocking Victor was first made public and then, but now belatedly, deleted.

'A serious fact that causes very serious damage to the player and adds to the treatment that the boy is suffering in the last period between media trials and fake news. 

'We reserve the right to take legal action and any useful initiative to protect Victor.'

Napoli are yet to acknowledge the video which was deleted from their TikTok account.

There also appeared to be tension between Osimhen and Rudi Garcia, with the striker seen berating his new manager after being substituted late on as they searched for a winner. 

75869731-12564237-image-a-48_1695771207834.jpg

It was confirmed after the match though that Osimhen had apologised to Garcia and his Napoli team-mates for the way he showed his disappointment in being taken off the pitch.

Arsenal fan Piers Morgan has issued a plea to Osimhen to join the Gunners in the aftermath of the video.

He tweeted: 'Don't take this terrible treatment @victorosimhen9 - come to Arsenal instead.'

The video won't help Napoli's chances of keeping Osimhen, who has been linked with a number of clubs including Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain in recent times. 

Osimhen won't come cheaply however, with the striker believed to be valued by his club at around £150m, and his contract does not expire until the summer of 2025. 

Marc Cucurella lays down the law to Mauricio Pochettino after blocking Man Utd transfer

Marc Cucurella wants to leave Chelsea in January after seeing his proposed transfer to Manchester United break down in summer - with Mauricio Pochettino open to an exit

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Chelsea-marc-cucurella-man-united-31036436

Marc Cucurella wants to leave Chelsea in the January window

Marc Cucurella has held talks with Chelsea boss Mauricio Pochettino over his future as he eyes a January exit from Stamford Bridge.

The left wing-back was poised to leave the Blues this summer but his proposed loan move to Manchester United broke down, with the Red Devils eventually completing the temporary signing of Sergio Reguilon from Tottenham instead.

Cucurella’s move to United partly broke down after he was surprisingly selected for Chelsea ’s EFL Cup tie against AFC Wimbledon, meaning that he would be unwilling to play for a third club this season – with a section of the Blues support booing him during the match.

The Spaniard has struggled at Stamford Bridge after a landmark £56million transfer from Brighton last summer. He failed to hit his top form throughout the campaign despite being reunited with his former Seagulls boss Graham Potter for six months during the season.

Despite brief highs – including a Man of the Match performance in the Champions League Round of 16 victory over Borussia Dortmund – it was a campaign of struggle for Cucurella, who had also been booed by his own fans during a February draw against West Ham. He has yet to play a minute in this season’s Premier League.

Cucurella has now held talks with Pochettino over his future at Stamford Bridge and expressed his openness to a summer exit. He is happy living in London, but a return to Spain is also thought to appeal to the player. There have been suggestions of interest from Real Madrid, but the Spanish giants have Fran Garcia and Ferland Mendy in the position, while David Alaba can also deputise there.

The 25-year-old then lost his place in the Blues starting line-up in the closing weeks of the campaign to youngster Lewis Hall (who has subsequently joined Newcastle ), despite injury struggles for Ben Chilwell. The return of the England international has pushed him down the pecking order further, opening up the possibility of a move, while Levi Colwill has also been preferred in the position this season.

Cucurella struggled during his debut campaign at Chelsea after starring for Brighton

Cucurella – who progressed through Barcelona ’s youth system but only played once at senior level, before starring at Eibar, Getafe and Brighton – has spoken of the added pressure to perform at bigger clubs, which can change a player’s mindset compare to others with lower expectations.

"I play all my career in a [smaller] club so we don't have this pressure," Cucurella told ESPN earlier this summer. "When you come to these big clubs, you feel this pressure and sometimes it is not easy to play with this pressure because you know you need to win every game.

"Sometimes you need to adapt as well to these situations, but this is part of life. Sometimes you have good years, bad years, but the most important thing is to learn and have energy to improve."

6 hours ago, whats happening said:

osimhen has a fall out with whole napoli club. time to buy our striker

We will buy him, then he won't score due to the fact we are in a transition period, then I will be told its because the club has gone and bought another unproven player with only 1 or 2 decent seasons. 

31 minutes ago, Thor said:

We will buy him, then he won't score due to the fact we are in a transition period, then I will be told its because the club has gone and bought another unproven player with only 1 or 2 decent seasons. 

By the time we complete the transition into Brighton, it will be too late; Brighton will be Chelsea by then, so Osimhen might as well just join Brighton... the new Chelsea. 😀

55 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

By the time we complete the transition into Brighton, it will be too late; Brighton will be Chelsea by then, so Osimhen might as well just join Brighton... the new Chelsea. 😀

If Real never moves for Håland, then 100% Osimhen joins Los Blancos

they are absolutely fucked with no remotely good CF

Joselu is ageing shit and he is literally the only CF on the side

Mbappe hates playing CF

the only 4 non ancients who they consider good enough now are

Erling Haaland  
Victor Osimhen  
Harry Kane 
Lautaro Martínez   (barely)

Endrick I simply do not see playing CF, he is just too small

I see him as their eventual starting RWer (he is left footed)

23 minutes ago, Vesper said:

If Real never moves for Håland, then 100% Osimhen joins Los Blancos

they are absolutely fucked with no remotely good CF

Joselu is ageing shit and he is literally the only CF on the side

Mbappe hates playing CF

the only 4 non ancients who they consider good enough now are

Erling Haaland  
Victor Osimhen  
Harry Kane 
Lautaro Martínez   (barely)

Endrick I simply do not see playing CF, he is just too small

I see him as their eventual starting RWer (he is left footed)

yup in reality Osimhen is likely already unattainable.

Lautaro is too inconsistent, yeah. Endrik is too small and way too green at 17yo. Been watching him at Palmeiras and he's been completely ineffective as #9. They will play Boca this week, so that might be interesting to watch.

Edited by robsblubot