Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

12 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I just don't get why the club would choose Forest as his loan destination...surely a deal in Portugal would have made more sense considering South American kids tend to do well over there. 

Domestic loans don't count in the loan quotas. With Lukaku most likely taking one spot we'll only have one left and it will go to either Ugochukwu or Washington.

And there is an argument that a successful PL loan would do Santos much more good than anything he could achieve in Portugal. If the idea remains to eventually have him playing for us, getting him some PL experience beforehand could turn out very useful. And even if he's not going to be a Chelsea player in the long run, just having him play in the PL will definitely raise his value for a potential sale down the line.

As long as he gets regular minutes for Forest it will be a good loan deal. And if he's not good enough to play regularly for Forest he wouldn't be good enough for a top Portuguese club either. 

Edited by Jype

Jadon's on £375k pw is he LOL. Jesus - forgot Man Utd have absolutely 0 brains. Would have to go down to <£200k pw (same or less than Nkunku as a hard rule) to be worth even considering. He's a Blue so I'm sure fans would get behind him.

Various interesting options the more you think about it tbh. Curious what the club will cook up here.

Edited by Mhsc

22 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Jadon's on £375k pw is he LOL. Jesus. Would have to go down to <£200k pw (same or less than Nkunku as a hard rule) to be worth even considering. He's a Blue so I'm sure fans would get behind him.

Various interesting options the more you think about it tbh. Curious what the club will cook up here.

Hopefully for @Gundalf not a lasagna 🤣🤣

41 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

What's happened with him at Utd? I feel like there's got to be a serious player in there but how has he fallen from grace so hard? Fitness? Attitude? The system?

He is like Timo but slightly more limited as Timo had better spacial awareness. Without miles of space to run into, Sancho is very limited. Personally, I would steer clear of him. 

There’s not even a Sancho “link.” It’s just CFCPys on Twitter last night saying he fancies trying to get him. He’s one of the highest earners in the league so I think he’s a total nonstarter for our board. 

I always get a laugh when after pretty much every Mudryk appearance for us his thread on RedCafe blows up with people clowning on him when United themselves have 2 of the biggest wide attacker busts in PL history at their club at the same time in Antony and Sancho. Who not only cost more than Mudryk but are also on triple his wages.

The Sancho at Dortmund would be the perfect profile of wide attacker we need. But there’s no way he’s worth the huge cost in fee and wages now.

As for Eze, Palace fans were saying when we were linked with Olise that Eze was the actual gem of their team. So if Palace refused to sell Olise it would be even more impossible to get them to sell him. Especially with mere days left in the window. Honestly, I don’t really even rate him that highly anyway.

35 minutes ago, Jype said:

Domestic loans don't count in the loan quotas. With Lukaku most likely taking one spot we'll only have one left and it will go to either Ugochukwu or Washington.

And there is an argument that a successful PL loan would do Santos much more good than anything he could achieve in Portugal. If the idea remains to eventually have him playing for us, getting him some PL experience beforehand could turn out very useful. And even if he's not going to be a Chelsea player in the long run, just having him perform in the PL will definitely raise his value for a potential sale down the line.

As long as he gets regular minutes for Forest it will be a good loan deal. And if he's not good enough to play regularly for Forest he wouldn't be good enough for a top Portuguese club either. 

With Nkunku and Chukwu injuries, Hall departure and Santos loan I don't think Ugochukwu will be loaned out

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

He doesn't really have a position at United.  Feel like he was meant to be a winger/forward but now they got Ten Hag's favourite Brazilian for 100 million and there's no way he's going to displace Rashford on the left.   Even watching a bit of them in pre-season, he was playing in more of a free #10 role for them, getting into decent positions.  

I detest Anthony

I would much rather Raphinha come here and we all know how I don't truly care for him after that Barca cock-up (and that certainly did not break my heart either)

20 hours ago, Pizy said:

I didn’t realize he had such a massive price on his head. Are German clubs outside or Bayern and Dortmund really in position to turn down £45-50m for their players? 

Wirtz, if he fully recovers, is a jewel in the German football ecosphere

bags of talent

if healthy he would be a monster here

58 minutes ago, Pizy said:

There’s not even a Sancho “link.”

Yeah we're just speculating on random names that might fit Poch's criteria of ready to play and have an impact in PL on day 1.

TBH the club are clearly letting Poch have a "hard no" on anyone he really doesn't want but otherwise just picking the players they feel are right for the long term, otherwise instead of Lavia and Caicedo we'd have got him a 26/27 year old in midfield instead of three 19-21 year olds, so it is probably just as likely to be Barcola or whoever rather than someone who is genuinely 'PL ready' like Eze.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Marcus Edwards from Sporting is the attacking name mentioned

Good player. Left footed, plays on the right. Poch knows him for Spurs.

Wouldn’t touch Sancho if he was available for £10m. Said it first time round and will say it again, overrated. 

Marc Cucurella is very close to joining Manchester United from Chelsea on a loan deal.

(@marca)

French defender Malang Sarr is a target for Fenerbahçe. Even though Chelsea have set a price tag of €6m, a transfer can be completed in the region of €2-3m. (via @stargazete)

Chelsea scouts were apparently in attendance at Nice-Lyon last night, keeping tabs on Khephren Thuram (CM), Jean-Clair Todibo (CB), Sofiane Diop (W) and Bradley Barcola (W).

Chelsea are eying a trio of forward targets ahead of deadline day that include Ferran Torres and Raphinha at Barcelona and Arsenal's Emile Smith Rowe. Interest is not particularly advanced but they are names being discussed by the Chelsea hierarchy at this stage. (Mail)

🤢🤢

6 minutes ago, mkh said:

Chelsea are eying a trio of forward targets ahead of deadline day that include Ferran Torres and Raphinha at Barcelona and Arsenal's Emile Smith Rowe. Interest is not particularly advanced but they are names being discussed by the Chelsea hierarchy at this stage. (Mail)

🤢🤢

At this stage it really could be anyone lol

From "who is this" to "oh wow"

I gotta admit I really would like to see Sancho under Poch ☺️

Edited by Gundalf