Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Interesting thread. Can't say I know much about the man, his stats are so dog shit on fbref, I would never have even noticed him - we'd be betting a lot on the eye test that he has the skill to step up in a proper team.

Barcola looks the most interesting option to an extremely amateur scout like me, he out performs his xG which suggests to me in a good team/system he could score a decent number of goals, his assist stats are great, his defensive output is incredible and his videos look great.

Interesting they are both right footers.

3 minutes ago, Mário César said:

now we will probably sell gallagher and who more? broja?

Might be wanting to hold these for next year, either loans with obligation or either showcase them at Chelsea or loan them with view to sell next season. As I said before, I think we will need to make an absolute fuck load of very profitable sales every year from now on to stay in good shape with FFP, similar to what we've done this year. Gallagher for £50m+ would help us out an absolute tonne on next years books.

45 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Remember very early on after we sold Livramento he performed really well for the Saints and we were a bit annoyed. Same thing with Lamptey when he had those explosive first months at Brighton and there were small portions of our fanbase questioning if we made a mistake selling him because he may be better than Reece. And then that feeling faded completely and we don’t really think much about either of those players anymore.

It’ll likely be the same thing with Lewis Hall. He’ll be a very solid player at Newcastle but we are stacked in both of the positions he plays in. We knew with all this spending that some tough decisions were looming. Expect a couple more before September 1. 

I disagree tbh, those two I was never really that bothered about because as you said we have Reece and I wasn't/am not convinced by either from a defensive standpoint.

Hall however is a huge asset, we're coming into an era of fullbacks going going midfield being the tactical trend and he's tailor made for that role. The blow is softened a bit by the news he was pushing but still, I think we've lost a big player here.

Jeremy Doku is an interesting option, he did have a massive/random selection of injury problems ala Reece James though

Doubts have been raised about Doku's ability to stay fit, after an injury plagued season in 2021–22, where he suffered several muscular and knee injuries. The problems caused mental struggles for the teenager, as he kept coming back from injuries, getting some playing time, and then getting injured again.[53] However, Doku stated at the end of the 2022-23 season that after playing in several matches in a row over the final stretch, his mind now feels free from injuries, and when he is on the pitch he is “playing as if he is outside with friends”.[54]  

22 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I disagree tbh, those two I was never really that bothered about because as you said we have Reece and I wasn't/am not convinced by either from a defensive standpoint.

Hall however is a huge asset, we're coming into an era of fullbacks going going midfield being the tactical trend and he's tailor made for that role. The blow is softened a bit by the news he was pushing but still, I think we've lost a big player here.

Hall will probably end up a good player in a few years time but I don't think he'll be missed that much, feel we have enough young talent now to build a solid lineup for the next 3+ years.   35 million is decent business and helps balance the books. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Remember very early on after we sold Livramento he performed really well for the Saints and we were a bit annoyed. Same thing with Lamptey when he had those explosive first months at Brighton and there were small portions of our fanbase questioning if we made a mistake selling him because he may be better than Reece. And then that feeling faded completely and we don’t really think much about either of those players anymore.

It’ll likely be the same thing with Lewis Hall. He’ll be a very solid player at Newcastle but we are stacked in both of the positions he plays in. We knew with all this spending that some tough decisions were looming. Expect a couple more before September 1. 

both lamptey and livramento started out great and then got injured, thats why the hype died out

6 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Jeremy Doku is an interesting option, he did have a massive/random selection of injury problems ala Reece James though

Doku just sounds like CHO but with a bit more quality? 

Don't see why we would need him for 60 million.   Would prefer the club to get a proper goalscorer to lessen the load on Jackson and co till Nkunku is fit to play again. 

28 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If Maatsen wasn’t here I’d feel differently. But I like the look of him more than Hall. 

We need to tie him down to a long new deal and use him as Chilly’s rotation option. As interesting as he looked in preseason as a winger/midfielder he has to be used in his proper position and we’re set at LB/LWB for 10 years.

I would say there is a decent chance Hall makes it as a premier league player, a low/medium chance that he makes it as a player for a top 10 side and an extremely small chance he makes it as a player at the level of the Chelsea that we want to be: title contenders/winners every year. And, the lad wanted to go. Anyone saying the club has done wrong here... I just can't agree. The ONLY argument might be that we should have given him a PL loan without an obligation and sell him next year or the year after, which the club was obviously considering. But the lad wanted to go, and now we have absolutely no risk and guaranteed cash on the table with a sell on clause.