Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

We were linked with Platini in the papers around '86..that was my first broke my cherry burst my bubble..think he retired instead.ha

By 1986/87, Platini was well spent.

If he had not been hurt and out for half the season in 1978/79, he would have scored 25 or more goals (as a MFer) in 11 straight seasons (the first one was Division 2).

then he turned 30 and went rapidly downhill

was out of football (as a player) 2 years later, at 31

fc4a83bd9c8e8f7213d035a279cc59fe.png

Anciens verts : Joyeux anniversaire, Michel Platini !

So in the end we WERE perfectly capable of offering £100m and we did so. But in our infinite wisdom we waited until another club entered the race and offered more. Could’ve offered the £100m weeks ago and been done with it but tried to be cute with Brighton by offering £65m, £75m, and then £80m when they were adamant about their valuation. 

In ONE DAY Liverpool we’re able to swoop in and get it done when we’ve been chasing all summer.

Will these jokers take that £100m and offer it for some other midfielder now? Someone who perhaps wasn’t available but their club cannot possible turn down £85-100m? Barella? 

He and his agent were in London waiting for us and we fucked it up. 3 months of procrastinating our most important target whilst our time was managed scouting 13 year olds in South America. 

No bigger L in transfer history. 

Well if that concludes our business with Brighton I’m happy he wasn’t worth £100m but still unfortunate to see him go to Liverpool when we wanted him so badly this window. Brighton got their fee and then some it’s what they wanted a bidding war. Pay the extra £2m for Lavia who probably has a higher ceiling and bring in Kudus and we won’t be as upset about losing out on Caicedo.

Liverpool with this signing have made themselves genuine title contenders and will truly have City concerned about them again. 

We, meanwhile, have probably fucked our shot at top 4 unless there’s some mystery DM out there that can be transformative.

Just now, Pizy said:

Liverpool with this signing have made themselves genuine title contenders and will truly have City concerned about them again. 

We, meanwhile, have probably fucked our shot at top 4 unless there’s some mystery DM out there that can be transformative.

Tyler Adams. Tyler fucking Adams. The more I think about it.. the more angry I'm becoming. 

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

Tyler Adams. Tyler fucking Adams. The more I think about it.. the more angry I'm becoming. 

The club might want to wait if they were going to announce that tomorrow. Our fans will be brutal if we announce Tyler Adams around the same time Liverpool announce Caicedo. 

Maybe try to bury it while matches are on on Saturday.

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

Caicedo will be more fit than Lavia+Adams together by the way. 

I do agree Lavia is very overrated.

Adams however I think will pleasantly surprise a few, although ofcourse not anywhere near to the extent to make up for this.