Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

33 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I would say he is a „meh ok“ rather than a „hell no“ but he will divide opinions here for sure. Can see him dominating some games and absolutely getting hammered in others . What could be a pro is that he is Spanish speaking like Enzo 

That is more like how I feel about it. He ticks a lot of boxes from what I see, his stats are excellent in CM but he's also played at CB, he's got the experience Poch is looking for and is sensibly priced at 40m euros. As things stand I would definitely feel more comfortable having him be a Chelsea player than not, but of course it can change if we sign Caicedo.

Why are we after another attacker? 
 For 3 max 4 positions we have

Nku, Sterling, Jackson, Mudryk, Madueke - safe

probably going on loan but still here

moreira, angelo, Broja

maatsen can be used as winger, Enzo as no 10

then we still have CHO, luakkau and Ziyech stealing a living 

honestly the 5 we know are staying are already enough. If only one of the others stay we are loaded for a max 50 games season. 

55 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Is Edson Alvarez really a "hell no"? His stats are incredible, beating Declan Rice in almost everything. Stats can be deceptive of course but surprised he would be a "hell no"...

The only player off Ajax we need to buy is Kudus. I watched a tonne of Alvarez last summer when we were hard linked, and was not that impressed. He lacks athleticism and pace.

14 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Nku, Sterling, Jackson, Mudryk, Madueke - safe

The main argument is that none of them are the super creative type, they're all fast tricky dribblers - the Olise/Cherki argument was purely about adding the Eriksen style player to Poch-ball. The Kudus argument is just that he's probably better than either Madueke or Sterling, if we could get him in and get Sterling out that would be a pretty big net improvement in terms of salary and quality of what we get for our money.

7 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

The main argument is that none of them are the super creative type, they're all fast tricky dribblers - the Olise/Cherki argument was purely about adding the Eriksen style player to Poch-ball. The Kudus argument is just that he's probably better than either Madueke or Sterling, if we could get him in and get Sterling out that would be a pretty big net improvement in terms of salary and quality of what we get for our money.

Ok but neither olise, Cherki nor kudus are anything like eriksen. Enzo is the closest thing. As for Sterling we are probably stuck with him like we are with Cucu

moreover the classic no 10 is dead. We have the best 2nd Striker in the world with Nkunku. We should use him to his fullest potential and not out of position to accommodate some ancient idea of spurs era Poch ball. Hence, we should concentrate on making a double pivot work. 

Edited by Magic Lamps

1 hour ago, DDA said:

What I will say is... it seems Juve fans rate Vlahovic and blame Alegri massively for his lack of success there.

Yeah, reading comments from Juve supporters in multiple places this isn’t the usual case of a fanbase gladly calling for a player who hasn’t lived up to the hype to be sold. Many of them think Vlahovic is really good and was the victim of Allegriball. 

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, reading comments from Juve supporters in multiple places this isn’t the usual case of a fanbase gladly calling for a player who hasn’t lived up to the hype to be sold. Many of them think Vlahovic is really good and was the victim of Allegriball. 

He looks a really good player to me... tidy on the ball, good positional awareness, strong, good in the air, a deadly finisher, can bang free kicks in top bins... what's there not to like? He's biggest downside for me, is his lack of pace and even then he isn't a Martinez slow.

Just now, DDA said:

He looks a really good player to me... tidy on the ball, good positional awareness, strong, good in the air, a deadly finisher, can bang free kicks in top bins... what's there not to like? He's biggest downside for me, is his lack of pace and even then he isn't a Martinez slow.

His injury record, recent goal return (17 league goals in 42 games), and the biggest issue of all, a £30m+ outlay for someone who wouldn't be an undisputed starter. I'd stick with what we have while reassessing things in Jan or next summer. We can't fall at the same hurdle yet again.

1 hour ago, Mhsc said:

Is Edson Alvarez really a "hell no"? His stats are incredible, beating Declan Rice in almost everything. Stats can be deceptive of course but surprised he would be a "hell no"...

His stats are based on an incredibly weak league in comparison to the Premier League. 

Saw him against Liverpool and Napoli last season and he was dreadful. 

Edson Alvarez is the level of player that clubs like Everton, West Ham, or Wolves would do well to sign. He doesn’t look near Big 6 club quality. He’s a very “basic” looking DM who doesn’t do anything special, just does a decent job with no standout traits.

If he were theoretically a free transfer with the idea of being Caicedo’s backup I’d have him. But no chance should he be considered a Caicedo alternative. We aren’t challenging for the top 4 with Edson Alvarez as our first choice DM.

6 hours ago, mkh said:

Arsen #Zakharyan is getting closer to @RCSA from @fcdynamo after talks with @OfficialSSLazio have stalled. 🔵 @SkySport DiMarzio

🤩🤩✍️✍️

Is Zakharyan any better than our current options?

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

His injury record, recent goal return (17 league goals in 42 games), and the biggest issue of all, a £30m+ outlay for someone who wouldn't be an undisputed starter. I'd stick with what we have while reassessing things in Jan or next summer. We can't fall at the same hurdle yet again.

It is not actually a £30m outlay though, if we sell Lukaku and get no one we are up £30m-£45m depending on where he goes (ignoring the massive loss on the £100m purchase for him, we have £30m+ more in the bank than we do right now). If we buy Vlahovic for a £60m sum we are down £60m, however you look at it. He has to be worth that sort of money for this deal to make sense. I think because the strikers market is totally nuts, at 23 with his background he might be worth something over £50m but it is really pushing it given the risks. Hojlund just went for £75m and has less goals and assists in his breakout year than Vlahovic has had in his awful year, so realistically Juve will want £65m-£75m and he is simply not worth that, which should end the discussion - if we were desperate, it might be different, but we have NJ and we are in a position of strength here.

2 hours ago, lluubbeenn said:

Sanchez, Disasi, Caicedo, Alvarez and one more attacking option(Kudus/Vlahovic/Olise) - IN

Lukaku, Ziyech, CHO, Sarr, Chalobah and Broja(depending on incoming striker) - OUT

Loans for Slonina, Humphries, Hall, Chuku, new french DM, Casadei and Angelo. 

This will complete a whole new squad in a matter of 14 months. Only players who were part of the 21-22 season will be Kepa, James, Chilly and Silva. Completely crazy 😮

I would not get Alvarez (Save 40mn) and keep Hall (will get enough game time as 4th choice in double pivot behind enzo, caicedo and santos, even reece can play there in worst case with gusto at rb)

Get Vlahovic for st for lukaku +25mn as well as kudus/olise (Use alvarez momey) for rw

Cucurella needs to go as well (chilly and maatsen are better)

So in his announcement it says Lesley has flown to the US and joined up with the team to “quickly integrate with the squad.” So….is he not actually going out on loan? Why fly out to the States when there’s only 1 match left that he won’t be ready to play in?

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

So in his announcement it says Lesley has flown to the US and joined up with the team to “quickly integrate with the squad.” So….is he not actually going out on loan? Why fly out to the States when there’s only 1 match left that he won’t be ready to play in?

I assume he is with the squad until close to end of transfer window to give Poch time to review. Also, good for him to spend some time with the players, the manager and wear the Chelsea colours so he feels like part of Chelsea, no?