Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

10 hours ago, LAM09 said:

A number of the recent signings aren't exactly past it - SMS, Fofana, Malcom (coming off his recent season), and Neves, to name a few. If the Saudi clubs continue at this rate, the league standard will probably be higher than most in Europe by 2025.

Jota from Celtic also - 24 years old...

Conte won title with 13 players. Fabregas joker and Willian/Pedro rotation. I'm not saying we have a chance for title but whatever our goal and objective is first of all Poch needs to understand his best starting 11 as soon as possible. Similarity with that season is that these are 2 only seasons without European football in last 25 years. 

Other key is to stay injury free. Less games less likely to get injured. Plus players are better prepared now because of Poch training intensity. Game once a week is something even old Silva should manage. 

Let's say our best 11 is Kepa, Chilwell, Colwill, Silva, James, Enzo, Caicedo, Nkunku, Kudus, Mudryk and Jackson. 

Play them every PL game. About rotation Gusto for James. And Badiashile if some CB is not available. Even for LB we can play Badi, Silva and Colwill with James going up and LW covers left side with that hybrid formation we saw even this pre season. But Maatsen looks promising as well. Enzo and Caicedo have great injury record let's hope it continues that way. They strike me as players who can play every minute. But we still have Santos who can cover here and there and Gallagher to run like a dog last 20min if needed. In attack same... Nkunku, Kudus can cover multiple positions. Maybe give Noni chance sometimes. 

If we have this established we can avoid having players we are most afraid of like Cucurella, Chalobah, Sterling, inexperienced players doing damage to results. 

We should aim for this. Clear starting 11 and 4,5 players in rotation and that's it. 

Interesting Pochs comments specifically about needing EXPERIENCE, and we’ve been slow playing Caicedo who has only one real year of proper experience. Maybe Poch is the source of us slowing it down and he wants other targets as a higher priority?

We've got to find a way out of the Cucurella scenario and probably Sterling.  Cucu just not up to it and if you're gonna have a squad of young hungry players you can't also have an underperforming veteran on super high wages.  Just doesn't fit.

1 hour ago, ulvhedin said:

So with Maatsen and Santos showing they belong in Chelsea shirt, and Cucurella going nowhere it means that Lewis Hall should propably be loaned out?

I think this is the right call. The loan needs to be with a discussion about the position Lewis Hall will be playing in

56 minutes ago, Strike said:

I think this is the right call. The loan needs to be with a discussion about the position Lewis Hall will be playing in

I don't think position is as important as finding the right club that will actually give him consistent minutes to develop.    

1 hour ago, Vytis33 said:

We've got to find a way out of the Cucurella scenario and probably Sterling.  Cucu just not up to it and if you're gonna have a squad of young hungry players you can't also have an underperforming veteran on super high wages.  Just doesn't fit.

There is no way out from Cucurella, he's the same as Kepa....we will be stuck with him until he has 1-2 years left on his contract and we are able to sell him off at "book value".

14 hours ago, TheHulk said:

I am actually okay with only them being signed. Kudus probably isn't the best option, but he is a good young forward with real talent, a really good athlete, technically promising, and capable of scoring as well.

As for Lavia, I don't know if there is any other better alternative to Caicedo. Am I the only one who really likes him because partnering him with Enzo means there is someone who can and is really capable of focusing more on our defensive side in the midfield area? Lavia also doesn't seem technically awful; he seems promising or decent to help move the ball forward in the transition phase, and he is fast and strong, which is a valuable asset for me as well.

Edited by dimmas