Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

28 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The problem I find is in this country wages are stated as gross, whereas a lot of reports abroad state wages as net. I think this is why there's always so much confusion in this country with press reports over just how much some players abroad are earning.

18 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The problem I find is in this country wages are stated as gross, whereas a lot of reports abroad state wages as net. I think this is why there's always so much confusion in this country with press reports over just how much some players abroad are earning.

Perhaps that is is the case here (with Coutinho), but net pay is a guess, and is subject to so many variables it is madness to try and report that.

You cannot just peg in a rate and then claim that that is what a player will make for the duration of his contract. Tax rates and tax laws change all the time, plus so do write-offs.

IF that is the net pay for Coutinho, then Bayern (as they had to pay 8m euros in loan fees to Barca as well) paid out almost 33m euros for ONE year of Coutinho with nothing to show for it in terms of future value!!

he would be well over £400K per week gross just in salary!!!

that is madness

HELL NO HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO if that is his gross salary!! We need to run away FAST

23 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Perhaps that is is the case here (with Coutinho), but net pay is a guess, and is subject to so many variables it is madness to try and report that.

You cannot just peg in a rate and then claim that that is what a player will make for the duration of his contract. Tax rates and tax laws change all the time, plus so do write-offs.

IF that is the net pay for Coutinho, then Bayern (as they had to pay 8m euros in loan fees to Barca as well) paid out almost 33m euros for ONE year of Coutinho with nothing to show for it in terms of future value!!

that is madness

HELL NO HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO if that is his gross salary!! We need to run away FAST

Agree with @Superblue_1986. I don't know how accurate are the wages in Football Manager etc but in FM20, Coutinho earns £375k per week at Barcelona. 

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

Arsenal makes sense to take over Ozil? 

My source is telling me Coutinho’s agent is the same as David Luiz’s. Edu of Arsenal apparently owes Coutinho’s agent a favor and he’s destined to go there. Wages and loan fee still being worked on, hence the Chelsea rumor fabrication to hurry up the process. 

42 minutes ago, Vesper said:

that is madness

It's not outside the realms of possibility that some players could negotiate a net wage so their gross wage will go up or down dependent on the tax laws of that country. But I guess when a lot of these tabloids talk about a player's net wage it could just be reflective of that point in time and like everything we're probably dealing with a "ball park" figure anyway.

I vaguely remember reading an article years ago that Ballack's wage was protected against the Euro exchange rate so as the Euro got stronger, it actually cost Chelsea to pay him more (how correct this is nobody knows but I remember reading a rumour regarding this)

32 minutes ago, Jason said:

Agree with @Superblue_1986. I don't know how accurate are the wages in Football Manager etc but in FM20, Coutinho earns £375k per week at Barcelona. 

As ridiculous as it may sound my understanding is the wage information on Football Manager, at least the basic wage has always been pretty accurate but no idea where they obtain this information or if it's just a reliable guess based on a lot of the reports we read about a players wages? To be honest when I say accurate, that is only based on what I may have read or seen about a player's wages myself and as our own ideas and assumptions are based on the news reports we are provided with, that data within the game may seem reliable but could be incorrect.

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

My source is telling me Coutinho’s agent is the same as David Luiz’s. Edu of Arsenal apparently owes Coutinho’s agent a favor and he’s destined to go there. Wages and loan fee still being worked on, hence the Chelsea rumor fabrication to hurry up the process. 

So Arsenal fans will think they won the race <_<

Btw I was just thinking if club listen majority of fans we would now have Alexis and Pepe at the club :lol:

18 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Btw I was just thinking if club listen majority of fans we would now have Alexis and Pepe at the club :lol:

Personally, I was dead against Alexis and argued that "he liked to dribble in circles and only considered passing as an act of last resort". Pepe, on the other hand, I liked. Is the jury still out on him?

44 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

So Arsenal fans will think they won the race <_<

They also thought David Luiz joining them was a ‘win’ and justified it by saying he wanted to join a bigger club. When in reality their defence is just shittier than ours. 

On 4/24/2020 at 9:31 PM, MoroccanBlue said:

I refuse to believe Lampard and the club are contempt with our current CB’s. No bloody way. 

A top CB is desperately needed 

lineup.png.516bd8703afb2bb592b0c3cf0ba2f312.png

I agree!

This is our best team at the moment for next season.

If you look at this team, where do you want to upgrade first? LB and CB for me by far.

Only after that comes striker.

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

lineup.png.516bd8703afb2bb592b0c3cf0ba2f312.png

I agree!

This is our best team at the moment for next season.

If you look at this team, where do you want to upgrade first? LB and CB for me by far.

Only after that comes striker.

Several points

1 No way can I rate Giroud over a healthy Tammy in terms of overall starting CF

2 We all have no idea how RLC is going to perform post injury. His Achilles rupture was really bad, as in a level that has ended or forever damaged many athletes' careers across a wide variety of sporting endeavours.

3 Kante. Lampard had better spent a tonne of time studying how to work him into his system. The team was overall worse off when he came back and was rammed onto starting linep.

4 Where is Tomori? You do not even list him as a backup. Emerson as well (hopefully both are sold)

5 Mount. Where is he as well? Barkley I assume the limits of the software (no double backups) block, but you could type in Mount/Barkley perhaps

6 Ziyech, not Ziyach  Sorry as I am really not having a cheap shot go, just correcting a misspelt name :blush:

Several points

2 We all have no idea how RLC is going to perform post injury. His Achilles rupture was really bad, as in a level that has ended or forever damaged many athletes' careers across a wide variety of sporting endeavours.

I have watched almost the whole U23 match in which RLC played and he looked really good. He still outmucled all of the Everton U23 players and believe me, those Everton U23 players are physical beasts. All very tall and some have decent muscles. RLC outmucled them.
RLC's passing was decent. Some very creative passes and in my opinion, his passing is a little bit underrated. Mount can't play those passes RLC played.
Dribbling wise, RLC still has it.
He looked sometimes a bit rusty, but was still easily MOTM and he got fouled brutally in some incidents because they could not handle him.
Also, RLC is way more confident than CHO.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

15 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Personally, I was dead against Alexis and argued that "he liked to dribble in circles and only considered passing as an act of last resort". Pepe, on the other hand, I liked. Is the jury still out on him?

I was the same. I never fancied Alexis, and really liked Pepe, but am not gutted. Pepe looks like he will be fine, although probably not a superstar. Like you said, the jury is still out, but I am not gutted in missing out. Winger is always my worst position in terms of rating players. I almost never get that 'OMG, I am certain* moment like I do in most other positions.

The only wingers I truly rate (I include Ziyech, Havertz, and Sarabia as they play a lot at winger) 

targets in bold

Kylian Mbappé (CF too)    
Neymar   
Sadio Mané 
Raheem Sterling
Mohamed Salah   
Jadon Sancho   
Lionel Messi    
Antoine Griezmann    (SS, CF as well)
João Félix 
Kai Havertz    
Bernardo Silva   
Leroy Sané  
Eden Hazard 
Serge Gnabry     
Heung-min Son (yes, I know, Spuds and all that, but the bloke is WC)
Cristiano Ronaldo     
Richarlison    (CF as well, he would be my 3rd choice after Sancho and Havetz, but £100m is just too much IMHO)

that's it

The conditionals

Ziyech

Ousmane Dembélé (IF we gets over his injuries and grows up finally)

CHO

Pulisic

and the only ones who interest me in terms of targets who I actually rate (some are very iffy atm)

and multiple ones below are LW'ers, when we really need a RWers, preferably left-footed

Samu Chukwueze <<< IF we miss out on Sancho and Havertz, he is probably who I would go for
Mikel Oyarzabal
Federico Chiesa   (Juve looks to be in the pole position)
Pablo Sarabia    (left footer, hybrid AMF/RW, and soon 28, so this is the last year he is a target, and I highly doubt PSG will sell him, he had a great year for them)
Adama Traoré  (wild card, I would not be against this if we cannot get Sancho, Havertz, or Chukwueze)
Ferran Torres 
Moussa Diaby   (20yo who Bayer Leverkusen prised away from PSG, very creative, xA90 this season is 0.32, he also completes 4.20 dribbles per 90 and attempts 4.42 crosses per 90.)
Nicolò Zaniolo   (IF he recovers from a gruesome knee injury)
Wilfried Zaha    (only if he costs £40m or less)
Kingsley Coman    
Ansu Fati 
Dejan Kulusevski  (no way Juve coughs him up, so pissed we did not make a move for him)
Leon Bailey  (he rebounded from a poor 18/19 ) 
Diogo Jota   
Milot Rashica    
Ante Rebic 
Gabriel Veron

57 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I have watched almost the whole U23 match in which RLC played and he looked really good. He still outmucled all of the Everton U23 players and believe me, those Everton U23 players are physical beasts. All very tall and some have decent muscles. RLC outmucled them.
RLC's passing was decent. Some very creative passes and in my opinion, his passing is a little bit underrated. Mount can't play those passes RLC played.
Dribbling wise, RLC still has it.
He looked sometimes a bit rusty, but was still easily MOTM and he got fouled brutally in some incidents because they could not handle him.
Also, RLC is way more confident than CHO.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

I certainly hope you are right, and I do tend to come down on your side in this, I just wanted to raise the issue as not being a 100% certainty

I so hope he comes back with a vengeance

1 hour ago, milka said:

Chelsea have no "imminent" plans to sign Barcelona's Philippe Coutinho this summer but are READY to make a move for Bayer Leverkusen playmaker Kai Havertz instead. (Athletic) #CFC

Kai-Havertz.jpg?fit=644,362&ssl=1

Makes zero sense. Won’t splash the cash on Sancho, who ticks all the boxes, but will splash the cash on Havertz when we already have 3 attacking mids. 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Makes zero sense. Won’t splash the cash on Sancho, who ticks all the boxes, but will splash the cash on Havertz when we already have 3 attacking mids. 

he is a left-footed RWer as well, and can even play CF in a pinch