Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I'd have preferred Gallagher leaving instead of Mount, but it is what it is. We can't afford to keep players around in the hope they MIGHT get better.

His performance in the Carabao Cup final will live long in memory.

Edited by LAM09

On 24/06/2023 at 01:26, Gundalf said:

I guess it will be 55+5 in the end.

As I said.

People need to relax a bit more. All this "uhh United lowered interest in Mount and is now targeting Caicedo" and "Mount will leave for free next summer if Chelsea doesnt accept the offer" was obviously just PR bullshit. In the end, we suqeezed another 5m out of it. 

Some of you would have sold him for 40m.

So losing Mount basically comes down to the new directors wanting players including him to be on low base highly performance related contracts I guess. They didn’t rate him so high they would break it for him but Todd was going to. Right call probs.

sad to lose him all the same. Players that have a history with us like him are rare these days. I have an emotional attachment to him but it is what it is. Good luck Mason.