Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

51 minutes ago, Superblue said:

Disappointed in the likes of Mount and Havertz who seem to be bailing on the club at the first sign of struggle. It's pretty clear that there is a longer term plot at the club to build a younger squad to grow and develop together, and in both circumstances they could have fallen into the bracket of still young and long term, but two of the more experienced players within the group that could have assumed more leadership and direction on the squad. 

The press briefings from both player's camps that they will not be signing new contracts whilst the club are in the middle of transfer negotiations is very poor in my opinion but unfortunately the way things are nowadays. I'm just glad the club is sticking to its guns with both players to get a valuation deemed acceptable and not take a feeling of being short changed. If we can get anything like £60m upwards for each then I think both will overall represent good deals for the club.

On one hand I'd have had no problem keeping either within the squad next season, but on the other hand I don't believe either is a "game changer". They are completely different circumstances to the likes of Salah and De Bruyne who never got the opportunities here before both left. Mount and Havertz have had 4 and 3 years respectively in the Chelsea first team and whilst both have produced moments, neither has been able to find a consistency to their game and as a result, a regular and healthy output of an end product. If either goes on to be a bigger success somewhere else then so be it because I'm unsure if that would happen here.

Ultimately both are part of a wider problem at the club in recent years of inconsistency which has prevented us getting anywhere near a title challenge lasting past Xmas. 

While I mostly agree, I wonder how much fault the club has. It's easy for us to judge, but I for one learned (from former direct manager) to take action and not wait for things to happen to you as a professional. If you think things aren't working out, seek out asap... reach out to your contacts and work on it. You can always change your mind in case things turn around, but it gives you options.

Yes, it can be different in football, because there are a lot of money to be made by people around the players and clubs. Agents love transfer fees and will push for them. I hardly think Mount thinks he's moving up that much to United atm. I think they are also in poor state as a club atm... 

I also think Mount has been more consistent than Kai. One can, and apparently one does, incessantly complain about things Mount cannot do as a footballer, but I think his game is pretty rounded. Kai is the one who goes from hero to nothing from game to game.

Edited by robsblubot

4 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Hope this is a joke.

hell NO!

I would take EVERY one of these over him (bold are actually doable)

he is right footed (same as KK) as are all of these

Rúben Dias
Matthijs de Ligt
Ronald Araújo (arrrrf, we cocked that one up, love him!)
Éder Militão
Marquinhos
William Saliba
Min-jae Kim 
Milan Skriniar  (arrrrf, we cocked that one up, love him!)
António Silva (downside is he has a €100m release clause and it's......... Benfica)
Jurrien Timber 
Giorgio Scalvini 
Bremer
Robin Le Normand 
José María Giménez  (injuries though, and he is almost off my lists due to age)
Jean-Clair Todibo
Mohamed Simakan 

Adam Webster
Nathan Collins
Ilya Zabarnyi  
Malick Thiaw (MOTM for Germany)

Taylor Harwood-Bellis 

then 3 maybes:

Anel Ahmedhodzic  (asshole for choosing Bosnia over Sweden for international footie, lololol)
Merih Demiral 
Josip Sutalo

42 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I'm a little cautious. 

I like his characteristics as a player but bursting into tears over his near mistake at the world cup is a massive red flag for me.

and his lack of height

same height as Kepa (but longer arms)

but I still rate him

would rather Oblak or Mamar though

but won't wet the bed if we bought hm

Getting £60-65m for Mount in the last year of his contract is INSANE. Even crazier than the £65-70m we’re getting for Havertz.

Two players that weren’t even set to start for us and we’re going to receive ~ £120m combined for them. 

23 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Getting £60-65m for Mount in the last year of his contract is INSANE. Even crazier than the £65-70m we’re getting for Havertz.

Two players that weren’t even set to start for us and we’re going to receive ~ £120m combined for them. 

Yup it will come in handy so we can almost afford 2 Mudryks another Mudryk with that amount. (just realized we paid 89m for him!)

Edited by robsblubot

5 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Yup it will come in handy so we can almost afford 2 Mudryks another Mudryk with that amount. (just realized we paid 89m for him!)

People are really off Mudryk in a season no one played well, we had no offensive plan, and even established players in the team weren't netting anything. 

TBH - his 35 minutes of play in that Liverpool game was the best attacking play we saw from anyone all season in terms of creating and danger moments. He is 22 and moved from a new country while essentially not being at full fitness. 

Not just saying that because he is ours, but I'd take Mudryk over Havertz and Mount any day going forward. 

1 minute ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Mudryk is a player that has to be refined. It will take some really good coaching to make him click. Poch might be just what he needs.

I actually disagree. He isn't raw like some people are saying. 

He is already elite athletically, and he has a great eye for a pass, good touch, and great take on ability. The thing for him to be successful is the coach putting him in positions to succeed and him being switched on enough on the field to get to those positions. 

31 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Lukaku would be a very good signing for Milan, i just want him as far away from Chelsea as possible. Been my position since he was too much of a coward to fight for his position with grandpa Eto’o.

Giroud is still better than him. 

4 hours ago, robsblubot said:

While I mostly agree, I wonder how much fault the club has. It's easy for us to judge, but I for one learned (from former direct manager) to take action and not wait for things to happen to you as a professional. If you think things aren't working out, seek out asap... reach out to your contacts and work on it. You can always change your mind in case things turn around, but it gives you options.

Yes, it can be different in football, because there are a lot of money to be made by people around the players and clubs. Agents love transfer fees and will push for them. I hardly think Mount thinks he's moving up that much to United atm. I think they are also in poor state as a club atm... 

I also think Mount has been more consistent than Kai. One can, and apparently one does, incessantly complain about things Mount cannot do as a footballer, but I think his game is pretty rounded. Kai is the one who goes from hero to nothing from game to game.

I don't think we can compare our roles to footballers. 

At the end of the day, Chelsea gave Mount the opportunity to play in the premier league and he's an academy player so the general expectation is that he would stick around even in a shit season like the one we just had (could of easily come to terms on a 1 year extension or something along those lines which still gives him even leverage to ask out at the end of the 2024 season). 

The fact that he's keen to leave is probably more an indication that he doesn't have great ties with the club.  Lampard & JT were both offered massive deals from other clubs to leave Chelsea but they didn't till they were in their 30's.