Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Some Chelsea fans be like: Isco is shit, James Rodriguez is done, no need for Coutinho, he is overrated 😂😂 RLC and Barkley should play deeper 😂😂 Ziyech is winger 😂😂

I swear if we could sign prime Zidane for free some would be against it so we don't upset our little baby on that position 😂😂

Coutinho was best Brazilian player on World Cup and in team of the tournament. 

Maybe those "some Chelsea fans" you're talking about are a little more sane and not want every shiny looking "toys" out there just for the heck of it. 🙄 Think people have mentioned good points as to why we should stay clear of Coutinho etc but you chose to ignore them. Isco, James, Coutinho are all in their late 20s and should be in their prime but they have gone off the rails for years now, they aren't even first team starters for their own club and you should know something is not right when their club are desperate to get rid of a player, like in Coutinho's case. If they were a few years younger, I probably wouldn't mind to see us take a gamble on them - similar to Kovacic - but they aren't and after Shevchenko, Torres, Falcao, Pato etc, the club should do best to stay clear of washed-up esque players. And it says a lot if your best justification to sign Coutinho is that he was in the best XI of a tournament that happened TWO years ago.

Also, given the financial hit that we are likely to suffer, it's all the more important that the club make sure they sign the players that we need first and foremost - e.g. ST and LB - before moving to any potential so called luxury signings. 

10 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Some Chelsea fans be like: Isco is shit, James Rodriguez is done, no need for Coutinho, he is overrated 😂😂 RLC and Barkley should play deeper 😂😂 Ziyech is winger 😂😂

I swear if we could sign prime Zidane for free some would be against it so we don't upset our little baby on that position 😂😂

Coutinho was best Brazilian player on World Cup and in team of the tournament. 

The problem we are talking about coutinho or James. If we can get mbappe, even if we have CHO, let's do it. 

19 hours ago, lucio said:

Get coutinho and boga for willian and pedro,  big upgrade,  and we don't know for sure if we can rely on pulisic and cho 

Coutinho and boga for Willian and Pedro are not massive upgrade. 

I am really2 sad to see how Chelsea fans underapreciate Pedro and Willian.

4 hours ago, milka said:

I see  Coutinho ->  Fabregas 2.0   :cig:

Fabregas  - Fail in Spain and then ....... master in our team (2014/15, 2016/17) 

Alex Telles €30m
Gabriel Magalhaes €30m
Coutinho €60m
Jeremie Boga €15m
Moussa Dembele €45m

total cost for FIVE key, class players

£158m  <<<<< insane steal

IF we pull all those off for that low price

add Ziyech in, that is only £194m TOTAL gross

that means we got 6 monster (counting Ziyech) upgrades and still have £6m left over (as we had £164m cumulative in the transfer kitty counting only DONE and future confirmed sales minus Kova and Ziyech spends) and that is not counting more sales to come

we pull all that shit off I will shut my gob about Marina for a loooong time, especially if she also pulls Gosens and dumps BOTH of our dregs at LB

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Have any of usually reliable Chelsea sources (e.g. Matt Law) even reported about us wanting Coutinho? All the noise seems to be coming from Spain only...

I would rather go for Grealish

he won't be going to Manure now that they have Bruno

but, like I said, as long as he is a fair price, I will not lose my mind at all over Coutinho

he is a class player and we would get 4 peak years or so out of him

I am far less 'MY WAY OR THE FUCKING HIGHWAY' at this point with transfers, due to COVID-19 wrecking most all of a footie for a damn long spell (financially at least, I so so SO hope no players anywhere get so ill they die)

hell, Coutinho plays a damn good LW at times

can you imagine

Grealish in the hole at No. 10

feeding

Coutinho LW

Ziyech RW

Dembele or Tammy CF

with Gosens or Telles bombing up on the left and Reece on the right

that's an opposing defence's NIGHTMARE

Villa are FUCKED, maybe administration bound if shit breaks badly

so they will surely cough up Grealish at a decent price

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I would rather go for Grealish

he won't be going to Manure now that they have Bruno

bt, like I said, as long as he is a fair price, I will not lose my mind at all over Coutinho

he is a class player and we would get 4 peak years or so out of him

I am far less 'MY WAY OR THE FUCKING HIGHWAY' at this point with transfers, due to COVID-19 wrecking most all of a footie for a damn long spell (financially at least, I so so SO hope no players anywhere get so ill they die)

hell, Coutinho plays a damn good LW at times

can you imagine

Grealish in the hole at No. 10

feeding

Coutinho LW

Ziyech RW

Dembele or Tammy CF

with Gosens or Telles bombing up on the left and Reece on the right

that's an opposing defence's NIGHTMARE

Villa are FUCKED, maybe administration bound if shit breaks badly

so they will surely cough up Grealish at a decent price

giphy.gif

Anyone who thinks there is going to be serious movement in the transfer market this Summer is deluded or on the crack pipe. Only transfers that will possibly happen are;

A) Players out of contract

B ) Players sent out on loan

C) Players in the last year of their contract and clubs are forced to take something. 

No way are clubs going out spending serious dollar this Summer. No chance. 

8 hours ago, communicate said:

Coutinho and boga for Willian and Pedro are not massive upgrade. 

I am really2 sad to see how Chelsea fans underapreciate Pedro and Willian.

Pedro was good but way past it now. Willian is hit and miss with terrible numbers 

39 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Anyone who thinks there is going to be serious movement in the transfer market this Summer is deluded or on the crack pipe. Only transfers that will possibly happen are;

A) Players out of contract

B ) Players sent out on loan

C) Players in the last year of their contract and clubs are forced to take something. 

No way are clubs going out spending serious dollar this Summer. No chance. 

Reports the other day said that UEFA will suspend FFP for next season. 

What makes you think that rich owners won't use that to spend more than in normal circumstances? 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

giphy.gif

We do have a fairly large amount of cash on hand

FFP is out the window for at least 2 or 3 years

and we have a shedload of players to sell

so money is not a problem at all, especially given those prices listed above that I was working off of.

IF we remove Sancho (:()  and Chilwell from our targeting list, there are no insanely high priced players in all the mix (I already stated we cannot afford Havertz) UNLESS somehow, someway Lautaro falls into our lap, and his release clause (£97m and it is only in effect from July 1 to July 15th, 2020) is 30 or 40m quid less than what Sancho will go for (but still too high for what I think is our limit on a single player not named Sancho)

I do NOT think we will make a run for  any of the following huge priced players, probably, in most cases, ever:

Jan Oblak (£106m release clause, noper)
Paulo Dybala   (really cannot see Juve selling him, he played wonderfully this season, was tracking to 25 goals, 25 assists in a 4000 minute season)
Serge Gnabry (bullshit rumours, zero chance he leave the Bayern monsters)  
Saúl Ñíguez (AM are back to wanting his full, £132m release clause, so nope, he is worth 80 or 90m, but no way 132m)      
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic   (he is now back to £100m or more level, so no chance we dump that) 
Raphaël Varane   (Unless my pipe dream happens of a swap deal for Kante!!!!)
Marco Verratti (Gilmour's target should be his level of play, I fucking love both wee lads, but PSG are not at all insane, they would only sell him for Saul release clause-type money)  
Mauro Icardi   (PSG will surely exercise the option to buy, he was magnificent for them)
Gabriel Jesus   (zero chance Shitty would sell him to us) 
Ousmane Dembélé   (damaged goods and a mental case, HARD pass)  
José Giménez  no way AM sells him as long as Simeone (hard to believe he is only 49yo still) is there
Kalidou Koulibaly   (Manure bound I think for sure, and he turns 30 right after next season ends) 
Richarlison  (Everton can fuck off with his £100m price tag, and it is hard to believe that so many freaked out when they paid £40m for him, now that looks a steal, lolol)    
Marquinhos  (again, would LOVE to have him, but he would cast £90m plus, maybe £100m)
James Maddison    (£85-90m or so, hard pass)
Milan Skriniar   (I cannot see us dropping £90m or so on him)
Ben Chilwell   (hell no to £80m, the only 2 LB's on the planet I would pay that for are Robertson and Alphonso Davies, and to show you how times flies, Robertson turns 30 during the 2023-24 season, Davies is close to 7 years younger)
Wilfried Zaha (hell no to £80m, in fact I would not pay over £40m for him, as he only has 2 under 30yo season left)
José Gayà    (hell no to paying his £88m release clause, madness)  
Alessio Romagnoli  (Mino Raiola, enuff said, what a fucking shame, my dream CB duo (for ages and ages), would be Varane and Romagnoli, that's CL-winning level or damn close)

I do have one BIG price tag (I would assume, Everton have not listed what it would take) player I would drop £70-75m or so on, Dominic Calvert-Lewin, he will be a top ten on planet striker I think, BUT Everton (seeing as their other prices are cray, would demand £90m I think, as he just turned 23 three weeks ago, is English, and is under contract until 2025 now, with his brand new extension) For £90m that gets us damn near Lautaro and Dybala level, who are better (atm) players. Håland will more than likely pass them all, and if he keeps going up in a similar arc to now, could be the 2nd (after Mbappe) £200m plus player, although hsi release clause from Dortmund is far, far, far lower (or he would not have signed)

Bottom line on monster spends:

Left Manure go burn what will be approaching a quarter of a billion quid on Sancho and Koulibaly (I would say they pay around £220-230m for the pair, at least pre COVID-19 that is what they would have went for)

We are fucked from spending that level, due to the new stadium now officially done and buried. :(:(:(

20 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Reports the other day said that UEFA will suspend FFP for next season. 

What makes you think that rich owners won't use that to spend more than in normal circumstances? 

All UEFA have said is this on FFP is this...

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/newsid=2641230.html

The Executive Committee reiterated its full commitment to club licensing and Financial Fair Play and agreed that the current exceptional circumstances necessitate some specific interventions to facilitate the work of member associations and clubs.

It supports the proposal to give member associations more time to complete the club licensing process, until the admission process for next season's UEFA club competitions has been redefined.

As a result of the increasing uncertainty generated by the ongoing extraordinary events, the Executive Committee also decided to suspend the club licensing provisions that relate to the preparation and assessment of clubs' future financial information. This decision applies exclusively for participation in the 2020/21 UEFA club competitions.

Would imagine they would just relax some restrictions, but not entirely because that would just defeat the purpose of the whole FFP to begin with, even taking the whole coronavirus financial repercussions into account.

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

So not true. And I'm not even a Coutinho fan. 

we normally agree, but sorry, Coutinho has only scored double digits in league goals ONCE

and he is an AMF/winger, so goals must come, Cesc was never a huge goal scorer (he did have 19 all pro comps one season), but he was, over his career a top 5 ever EPL passer, he was INSANELY good at his peak, cray cray amount of assists (first and only player with 6 seasons of 10 or more league assists, De Bruyne has 3, counting thsi year) Cesc is one of the greatest EPL players ever, NO ONE is saying that about Coutinho.

In 20116-17, he had the fourth most assists (12) in the league despite only starting 11 games (15 in all comps in only 1900 minutes total)!

look at his assist to game played ratio

all time EPL chart

b8f185a595110a0a1869d68d52ce7fef.png

Coutinho teases but never delivers the monster goods

that said, like I stated before, 60m euros (someone said that for his price), come on down Phil and slap on the Blue mate!

d95043f6d03d5d7400d0b41f083b1744.png

versus

00953e02f46cd3423690180709e2ecba.png

Cesc Fabregas: The incredible stats of the Premier League’s assist king

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/cesc-fabregas-incredible-stats-premier-leagues-assist-king/

Cesc-Fabregas.jpg

38 minutes ago, Vesper said:

We do have a fairly large amount of cash on hand

FFP is out the window for at least 2 or 3 years

and we have a shedload of players to sell

so money is not a problem at all, especially given those prices listed above that I was working off of.

We haven't spent obscenely big in past years and I don't see that suddenly changing now, especially with this whole coronavirus situation.

It remains to be seen how much UEFA will adjust the Financial Fair Play rules to help clubs go through the current situation, because I would be very surprised if they suspend it altogether (would defeat the purpose of the rule being introduced in the first place) but it looks like it will only affect the 2020/21 season.

We do have loads of players to sell but you know every club will suffer financial losses from the coronavirus situation and we still do not know how it will affect the clubs, even with UEFA relaxing the FFP. Clubs may well have smaller budgets than before this and we might not sell the players that we want to sell. Might end up loaning them out again.