Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

agree, this is the level of ambition we should be going for

Poch would do wonders with either.

and

SELL ALL THE DREGS and the wannabes

plus get a WC keeper and Rasmus Højlund as our CF

the rest can wait as we simply are bound by FFP (although I so wish he could grab Arsen Zakharyan on the cheap, but those sanctions will still block it I fear)

Are Bayern really selling Gravenberch? He's also an option. And so is Lavia for midfield.

Hojlund, even at 20, seems special and will be Bayern or Real-bound in two years time. He is the only young striker to consider - Other than him I would rather sign someone in their prime - Toney, Osimhen

4 hours ago, Strike said:

We already have Enzo who plays the deeper role and is comfortably better than Rice.

Gavi if Barca are selling or Barella.

I think a lot is going to depend on what (we are assuming Poch) the manager wants to do with this squad.

I think he'll want to try and get us playing in a 4-2-3-1 similar to what he had at Spurs and if we operate with essentially 4 attack minded players and 2 full backs who will look to push forward, then in my opinion we need two robust players in that 2 man midfield. As Enzo can act as a playmaker from deep too, I'd prefer us to pair him with a defensively solid player. I've watched a reasonable chunk of footage of Enzo before he came to Chelsea and I think we're doing him a dis-service if we think he's just going to be the teams holding midfielder for the rest of his career here because he has so much more to his game than that. Give him a partner who is disciplined and reliable to share the defensive work with him and give him the opportunity at times to push forward.

If Rice wasn't so expensive I'd say to go for him. Maybe we could package a couple of players up in a deal but ultimately when we also need a striker this summer, I feel he'll end up being too pricey unless we manage to offload some of our squad players for better fees than we're hoping for. I've blown hot and cold on Rice for the last couple of years but it's mainly his price which puts me off, if the money wasn't a consideration I think he'd be a really good fit to slot into this squad/team.

3 hours ago, Strike said:

Are Bayern really selling Gravenberch? He's also an option. And so is Lavia for midfield.

Hojlund, even at 20, seems special and will be Bayern or Real-bound in two years time. He is the only young striker to consider - Other than him I would rather sign someone in their prime - Toney, Osimhen

I'd rather Toney over Osimhen. I just have a feeling Osimhem won't be anywhere near as prolific in the EPL.

Just now, Reddish-Blue said:

If one of the big clubs was to offer around 80 million for him, I doubt West Ham would be rejecting the offer. 

I think this is going to be the price. Mac Allister and Rice both going for 80m. Hard pass for me. I get the logic of freeing up Enzo in midfield but I'm not convinced Rice is who we want when we will be faced with parked bus teams. Even the DM should be a better ball player

16 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Mass fire sale coming if Leicester, Saints and Leeds all go down.

Lavia is a super player, I would defo take him.

tielemans is free agent