Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Just now, Alabama said:

Plus the maximum amount to price Sancho away wont exceed 100m...and then Ziyech is 30m with add ons to be closer to 38m in foreseeable future...Clubs can develop interest in any of Zouma or Christensen(Barca according to reports) we can toss either of the two and buy Ruben Dias..lots of smart and intelligent decisions the board needs to make and it wont affect striker and left back buy...

Pretty sure Sancho will go for more than that. If only one club was interested then maybe it would stay below the £100M mark (like with Dembele to Barca) but with a bidding war between PL clubs to be expected it's pretty much the seller's market and £120M sounds fair.

Lots of agents fees on top of that as well, so definitely not a cheap deal but one I feel the club should still look into making.

I'm not desperate for the club to sign Sancho but if it's doable without affecting the striker and LB buys too much then I'm all for it. 

29 minutes ago, Jype said:

Not all problems in the squad are going to get solved in one window no matter who gets brought in,

How so? Get a good striker, we then wouldn't have to worry about Abraham getting injured and he would provide him a healthy competition. Get a good LB and then we don't have to play Azpi there anymore and can ditch one of Emerson/Alonso.

31 minutes ago, Jype said:

So that leaves only the striker department left, and that needs addressing in the summer. Not a lot of top, top quality available there at the moment and with Tammy doing reasonably well I'm guessing the plan is to just get someone who's a clear improvement over Michy and Giroud, which probably isn't all that difficult. Spend anywhere between 30-50m here on someone who's a good fit for the type of football Lampard is trying to play and we're good.

30-50 million is not going to be enough to sign a striker from one of Europe's top 5 leagues. 

33 minutes ago, Jype said:

Selling Batshuayi, Barkley and Alonso/Emerson along with a bunch of loanees should cover the 85m difference easy. 

If selling all the duds in one go were easy, we would have done so by now. Chances are we might sell 1-2 or 2-3 and we'll loan the rest out...again. 

35 minutes ago, Jype said:

Call me crazy but I wouldn't stress over the GK area either. Kepa has not been good but still deserves another go as #1. A new backup keeper is needed, but there are usually some decent ones available on a free.

You are crazy. BATSHIT CRAZY. 

17 minutes ago, Jype said:

Pretty sure Sancho will go for more than that. If only one club was interested then maybe it would stay below the £100M mark (like with Dembele to Barca) but with a bidding war between PL clubs to be expected it's pretty much the seller's market and £120M sounds fair.

Lots of agents fees on top of that as well, so definitely not a cheap deal but one I feel the club should still look into making.

I'm not desperate for the club to sign Sancho but if it's doable without affecting the striker and LB buys too much then I'm all for it. 

How many premier league clubs can afford him at that price?

47 minutes ago, Alabama said:

How many premier league clubs can afford him at that price?

Indeed. Sancho will either go to us or Utd. Liverpool will not spend that type of money as it does not fit their Moneyball set up, City have bigger fish to fry, the Spanish clubs want Neymar and Mbappe, Dortmund will not sell to Munich when they can easily sell aboard. PSG may come into things but I cannot see Sancho wanting that.

As for Utd they can do £120m but they are also in a desperate state and need players all over the pitch. With our £174m gain and the fact that Sancho has said he wants to return to London, is/was a Chelsea fan and is close to a number of our young boys I think we can do it and that his fee can be done for £95-£110m (remember the £ is gaining on the € atm and looks like it will continue to do so.) The problem as ever however, is if Granny will sanction it. 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Maybe we should tell Sancho to stay at Dortmund for one more year and we'll come get him in 2021, when he would have only one year left on his contract and we can get him on a cheaper price. :ph34r:

No in 2021 that is when we want Haaland! :P

9 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Indeed. Sancho will either go to us or Utd. Liverpool will not spend that type of money as it does not fit their Moneyball set up, City have bigger fish to fry, the Spanish clubs want Neymar and Mbappe, Dortmund will not sell to Munich when they can easily sell aboard. PSG may come into things but I cannot see Sancho wanting that.

As for Utd they can do £120m but they are also in a desperate state and need players all over the pitch. With our £174m gain and the fact that Sancho has said he wants to return to London, is/was a Chelsea fan and is close to a number of our young boys I think we can do it and that his fee can be done for £95-£110m (remember the £ is gaining on the € atm and looks like it will continue to do so.) The problem as ever however, is if Granny will sanction it. 

That's quite spot on...its a perfect scenario for us to go after and sanction the deal  but just like you have said all over to Granny...

Dortmund will not be selling Sancho for less than £150Million.  It doesn't matter what the Media spout, it's £150 Million or no deal (yes even if the Kid kicks up a stink), which He wont.

Add to this an £18 Million signing on fee, £12 Million agents fee and £250k (rising over the course of the contract) a week wages over 6 years totalling in excess of £75 Million.

This is not a simple (lol) £100 Million all in offer for a 19 yr old Kid.

The players preference is a move back to London though, so that's something I suppose.

KTBFFH!!

I agree that with installments it makes deals more manageable but however You dress it up You'll still be paying out an astronomical amount.

Don't forget the Club need a lot more than a forward.

Signing Sancho is a guarantee of nothing, absolutely nothing.  So why spend upward of a quarter of a billion on a single player.

Also all this talk of shifting deadwood is madness.  If they're deadwood, who is going to want them?  Remember players have to want to move if We're to shift them on.  There is no way all these players get shifted in one window, however much some ppl would love it..

KTBFFH!!

28 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Watzke already said he won't sell Sancho for less than Ousmane Dembele (145m).

It was €105m + 40 in add ones which he most likely didn't activate any. So transfer was far less than £100m. Juventus is paying to Real 3x30+m for three years so why couldn't we do something similar? But really I don't think it's an issue to pay 120m and still get striker, LB... 

11 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

It was €105m + 40 in add ones which he most likely didn't activate any. So transfer was far less than £100m. Juventus is paying to Real 3x30+m for three years so why couldn't we do something similar? But really I don't think it's an issue to pay 120m and still get striker, LB... 

My point is Sancho at best will cost around  £120m - £130m and yes we still have money to get Striker and LB too. 

1 hour ago, Malito said:

Dortmund will not be selling Sancho for less than £150Million.  It doesn't matter what the Media spout, it's £150 Million or no deal (yes even if the Kid kicks up a stink), which He wont.

Add to this an £18 Million signing on fee, £12 Million agents fee and £250k (rising over the course of the contract) a week wages over 6 years totalling in excess of £75 Million.

This is not a simple (lol) £100 Million all in offer for a 19 yr old Kid.

The players preference is a move back to London though, so that's something I suppose.

KTBFFH!!

No way does Sancho go for €180m/£150m. The kid only has two years on his contract. If they want that sort of money teams will just tell Sancho to wait 6/12 months as playing week in, week out for Dortmund at 20 is hardly detrimental to his career. In fact, I am slightly surprised he wants to move at all. If I were him, I would play my next two seasons at Dortmund to continue my development and then get an insane amount of money in two years time at 21. 

22 minutes ago, King Kante said:

No way does Sancho go for €180m/£150m. The kid only has two years on his contract. If they want that sort of money teams will just tell Sancho to wait 6/12 months as playing week in, week out for Dortmund at 20 is hardly detrimental to his career. In fact, I am slightly surprised he wants to move at all. If I were him, I would play my next two seasons at Dortmund to continue my development and then get an insane amount of money in two years time at 21. 

I completely agree, which is why I was saying that He simply isn't available to most Clubs including Chelsea.

I don't see Sancho going anywhere in the Summer unless United decide to throw a shed load of money at it and the player Himself changes His tune and fancies a stint in Manchester.

If any club wants to take Sancho in a few months time though it's going to require monster money.

The Boys preference is Chelsea but the finances have to be right for all parties so it simply isn't going to happen this Summer.

I agree that apart from a freak injury or massive loss of confidence there is no need for Him to want to leave Dortmund anytime soon.

KTBFFH!!