Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

Has anyone noticed how we've agitated news outlets in the UK?

Sky on youtube is constantly posting stuff about our spending, almost every other day. Just recently they posted a list of the top 5 spenders this season., and made sure to highlight Chelsea at number 1. No mention about the number of players we have out injured. But transfer fees? Oh yes.

That's because, we are one of the most hated clubs in England. The press love anything negative they can post about us.

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Well, if he's available on loan. 🙂

Is there many people still believe rudiger actually a great defender? I'm not really certain actually

Even with tuchel he ONLY play very well when he stick with 3 cb.

How many times rudiger play in 4  at the back, and rudidger just become atrocious defender, almost as shaky as koulibally

Without so much protection, and beside very composed defender ala thiago silva in 3 atb system, he isn't that reliable actually.

11 minutes ago, dimmas said:

Is there many people still believe rudiger actually a great defender? I'm not really certain actually

How many times rudiger play in 4  at the back, and rudidger just become atrocious defender, almost as shaky as koulibally

Without so much protection, and beside very composed defender ala thiago silva in 3 atb system, he isn't that reliable actually.

The only thing I was really annoyed about is that we didn't get a fee (and messes up his replacement which should have been an immediate Colwill promotion).

He's not quite current Kouli level yet but when he loses his pace and athletic qualities he'll probably be worse.

10 hours ago, Superblue said:

Out of curiosity, just say either this window or in the summer we buy a centre midfielder and replace Dave at right back but only then do one more move, what would everyone want? Let's assume Felix goes back in the summer but Nkunku joins.

I think looking at the makeup of our squad it's either a striker or a goalkeeper.

I don't think we'll be able to go after a striker until the Lukaku situation is resolved....

I wouldn't mind getting the Brentford keeper (if Mendy or Kepa decide to move on at the end of the season). 

🚨The Daily Briefing - Arsenal's Declan Rice talks confirmed, major Chelsea decision imminent, Newcastle eye three big names, and more

Today's transfer news headlines, featuring Declan Rice, Conor Gallagher, Youssoufa Moukoko, and more!

JAN 17

https://caughtoffside.substack.com/p/the-daily-briefing-arsenals-declan

Chelsea

Shakhtar president Akhmetov: “We’re proud of Mudryk - we will play a friendly against Chelsea at Donbass Arena in a Ukrainian Donetsk. I am allocating $25 million today to help our soldiers, defenders, and their families.”

RB Leipzig director Max Eberl on Christopher Nkunku’s future: “The signs are very, very clear that he's moving to Chelsea.”

I can again confirm again that the Nkunku deal is 100% signed. He’s a Chelsea player as revealed in December, no doubts. He will move to Stamford Bridge in July.

There’s fresh speculation about Conor Gallagher at the moment. My understanding is that the interest is genuine and strong by both Newcastle and Crystal Palace since July, but it’s up to Chelsea. They will make a decision on many players in the next days, including Gallagher. Potter remains big fan of his potential but it has to be club decision together with the coach.

Edited by Vesper

Made like 30 posts about Rudi being good only under TT when he was leaving, glad someone noticed it finally. If he stayed, people would be raging and crying he is common type Rudi under GP, just like they are raging with KK.

Anyway, that would be very strange if Rice had gone to Arsenal. Would they really want to toss 100+ million for him, given there is obvious premium on him from WHU and Arsenal seem rather reasonable with cash?

5 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Made like 30 posts about Rudi being good only under TT when he was leaving, glad someone noticed it finally. If he stayed, people would be raging and crying he is common type Rudi under GP, just like they are raging with KK.

Anyway, that would be very strange if Rice had gone to Arsenal. Would they really want to toss 100+ million for him, given there is obvious premium on him from WHU and Arsenal seem rather reasonable with cash?

Rice  is a far better player than he's given credit for on this forum.

19 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Rice  is a far better player than he's given credit for on this forum.

Good player but he's not the player you build your team around, that's someone like Enzo.   Arsenal would suit him as they are looking to top-up their settled midfield....unlike us where we are in midfield rebuild mode. 

16 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Take him in a heartbeat. Sort of player any top side needs

Depends upon the system being played, he'd be a good addition but Declan Rice alone wouldn't fix our midfield issues.   

21 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Take him in a heartbeat. Sort of player any top side needs

I use to hear similar being said about Maguire at Leicester when he was playing in a lower block and allowed to focus more on the old fashioned defending.

42 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I use to hear similar being said about Maguire at Leicester when he was playing in a lower block and allowed to focus more on the old fashioned defending.

Man utd ruined Maguire, put him in another team and you have a great defender.

14 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Man utd ruined Maguire, put him in another team and you have a great defender.

roflmaooooooooooo

slabhead was NEVER a great defender

he has a nose for goals off free and corner kicks, that is it

he is slow AF, and gets caught ball watching

Edited by Vesper

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

roflmaooooooooooo

slabhead was NEVER a great defender

he has a nose for goals off free and corner kicks, that is it

he is slow AF, and gets caught ball watching

Every defender gets caught ball watching, saying that is just common knowledge, fact still remains man utd ruined him.

2 hours ago, dimmas said:

What he did mange to do, whether fake or real, was leadership, focus and passion. He allied these traits with at the very least competence. In a season during which Challo has sometimes been exposed, and we have even had to play Cucu at CB, I would definitely take Rudi on loan to bolster our squad.