Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Felix offers flair, someone who can beat a man, draw someone in and be direct, we have nobody like that. Oh and he can finish better than anything we already have.

I'm not against it, in fact anything is better than nothing.

True with that alone, Joao Felix already so much better than our current attacker.
I don't really get it with some people who keep saying why getting felix when we already have exactly the same player.
I mean who exactly? Although is true he isn't out and out striker that we lack atm and need some free role to function.
But he has certain skillset that probably would be useful to us. No one in our team have actual flair.
No one in our team have the ability and want to try to beat a man, being direct and try to create

Just see these certain clips that isn't really typical youtube video that can make anyone look like brilliant player.
These clips show how he actually play. It's not amazing display/performance.
But if he actually could be healthy and give some decent display like this, he still could be useful player

Anyway his number in atletico madrid has been far from impressive, one factor that bring question and doubt about him.
But being ineffective player is totally different that being piss poor player. Anyone could give more objective assessment about him?

Edited by dimmas

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea striker on Atletico Madrid’s agenda as they seek attacking reinforcements

Chelsea striker on Atletico Madrid's agenda as they seek attacking reinforcements - Madrid Universal

fbl-eng-pr-chelsea-man-city-scaled.jpg

We take Felix, you take Auba. Shake on it. Lol

We literally just signed a 20 year old striker a few days ago and still have 21 year old Broja. And have Havertz + soon Nkunku as striker/second striker type players. Plus, who knows what happens with Felix. That’s 5 striker options and not even mentioning Auba. 

Don’t know what sense bringing in another super young forward like Moukoko makes. At his age he’ll be looking at all these players we have and think “will I actually get in the team?” 

It looks like some part of our business is bit forced to make fans happy with extraordinary level activity, not so much for quality of it, unfortunately; There is small minority of reasonable people, compared to entire fanbase, who would have zero problem with not buying anyone when no good target available, which sounds like an obvious thing. There would be massive outcry for TB "not doing anything" and "failing in the market" - just look what happens now, it would be 10 times worse.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Felix offers flair, someone who can beat a man, draw someone in and be direct, we have nobody like that. Oh and he can finish better than anything we already have.

I'm not against it, in fact anything is better than nothing.

I'm sure the same phrase was said about many of our current underperforming attacking players before they signed, only for them to turn out the way they have after the move. Is Felix really all that or is it just a case of 'grass is always greener on the other side'?

Felix' goal record so far in his career certainly doesn't suggest he's a great finisher. 58 goals in roughly 200 games for Benfica, Atletico and the Portugal NT. For comparison Havertz has 86 career goals for Leverkusen, Chelsea and Germany NT in just under 300 games so their track records are almost identical and most of us think Havertz is a shit goalscorer.

He's also averaging less than 1 successful dribble a game throughout his career so not really sure if him being able to beat a man is true either.

Also has the makings of yet another player we can't find the best position for, much like Havertz. Felix is not that great as a lone striker, nor is he all that good as a winger. His best role is something that doesn't exist in our team.

Happy to be proven wrong and I do hope he does but just seems like a pointless signing to me, especially if we don't even have a buy option included. Even if he's a big success and bangs in 10 goals in the 20 odd games we have remaining, that still won't get us CL qualification for next season and chances are in the summer he'll just go back to Atletico (with Simeone rumored to be leaving after the season) or use the impressive performances to earn himself a move to another club with CL football on offer. If he's a massive hit we'll still have very little upside to this deal but if he's a failure it's just £16M down the drain.

14 minutes ago, Jype said:

I'm sure the same phrase was said about many of our current underperforming attacking players before they signed, only for them to turn out the way they have after the move. Is Felix really all that or is it just a case of 'grass is always greener on the other side'?

Felix' goal record so far in his career certainly doesn't suggest he's a great finisher. 58 goals in roughly 200 games for Benfica, Atletico and the Portugal NT. For comparison Havertz has 86 career goals for Leverkusen, Chelsea and Germany NT in just under 300 games so their track records are almost identical and most of us think Havertz is a shit goalscorer.

He's also averaging less than 1 successful dribble a game throughout his career so not really sure if him being able to beat a man is true either.

Also has the makings of yet another player we can't find the best position for, much like Havertz. Felix is not that great as a lone striker, nor is he all that good as a winger. His best role is something that doesn't exist in our team.

Happy to be proven wrong and I do hope he does but just seems like a pointless signing to me, especially if we don't even have a buy option included. Even if he's a big success and bangs in 10 goals in the 20 odd games we have remaining, that still won't get us CL qualification for next season and chances are in the summer he'll just go back to Atletico (with Simeone rumored to be leaving after the season) or use the impressive performances to earn himself a move to another club with CL football on offer. If he's a massive hit we'll still have very little upside to this deal but if he's a failure it's just £16M down the drain.

Kepa 

Chaloba.      Silva.        New CB 

Ziyech          Zak                 kova         hall /cuca

Felix 

Havertz.       Fofana 

That's what is go with, obviously, if James is fit he's rwb. 

36 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We literally just signed a 20 year old striker a few days ago and still have 21 year old Broja. And have Havertz + soon Nkunku as striker/second striker type players. Plus, who knows what happens with Felix. That’s 5 striker options and not even mentioning Auba. 

Don’t know what sense bringing in another super young forward like Moukoko makes. At his age he’ll be looking at all these players we have and think “will I actually get in the team?” 

We only have ONE healthy decent (potentially) CF atm

DDF (who could be a Jonathan David clone, but 2 inches taller)

Auba can go sod off

Kai is not a CF, he is an hybrid AMF/winger and a false 9

Nkunku is a straight up SS and also plays AMF

Felix is a SS who plays wider at times, or even at No 10 at times

Moukoko IS a CF, who also can play on either wing if needed

now IF we did buy Thuram, then yes, you have a valid point

so let's just grab Moukoko and forget Thuram

Felix is such a waste. Literally the same player Havertz is, overrated, weak and equally useless in front of goal. Heard he has more yellow cards than assists in his career. Our problem is creating and scoring chances. Now ppl think we can solve this by signing a player who never has had more than 5 assists in a season.

49 minutes ago, Jype said:

In short, Felix's skills are attractive looking but they don't do enough damage to the opposition.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

so name the names of these players we need to go after

I could list a bunch of players who look good to me; who exhibit passing, finishing, movement, tenacity etc. However, I don't have a ability to say whether they could be brought here and all that would translate. I'm not a scout or analyst even though that would be a sweet job!

What I do know from past observations of our transfers is that a player like Felix is precisely the profile who comes here and struggles; it's actually uncanny how much he fits (that's why I said I "knew" he'd end up here). I'm almost certain this guy will flop if he comes here. I've seen this play out way too many times; he'll come here, get an elbow to the face or stud to the shin in his first game or two, and sink so far into himself we'll forget he plays for us.

Furthermore, I'd also say that this kind of activity might actually be a big red flag for players who do have the ability, mentality and competitiveness we need (to be challenging). That's why I'd also be sceptical on Enzo. 

Sorry, I don't have a list, and all the above is just my (uneducated) opinion. It is based on observations at our activity and performance though. I do hope I'm wrong 😀

17 hours ago, TheHulk said:

I guess shipping him to Atletico is always an option. Think he would be decent under Simeone.

Regardless of how Inter actually feel, saying things like this is the right negotiating tactic ahead of any loan renewal talks.

14 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

In short, Felix's skills are attractive looking but they don't do enough damage to the opposition.

Yeah, that's probably it. Flashy player for the Youtube/TikTok compilations but in reality does very little and lacks consistency.

Just because Atletico got scammed into paying almost 130M€ for him doesn't make him that great.

3 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I also like Lavia more than Santos. Much more.

Which Italian bloke?

The Italian bloke would be Casadei, right? Completely different type of midfielders though, so not a great comparison.

Edited by Jype

18 minutes ago, Bren said:

I could list a bunch of players who look good to me; who exhibit passing, finishing, movement, tenacity etc. However, I don't have a ability to say whether they could be brought here and all that would translate. I'm not a scout or analyst even though that would be a sweet job!

When I watch the 18s and the 21s I often see scouts taking notes with their paper or digital pads. Sometimes there are entire blocks of them. They always make me feel very envious. Early this season there were hordes of them at the 21s game vs Man City. A game in which a lad who played right back for City was the standout performer. A few days later he joined Southampton. I'm guessing at least some of the scouts that night were watching him.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

4 minutes ago, Jype said:

The Italian bloke would be Casadei, right? Completely different type of midfielders though, so not a great comparison.

Yes agreed, they are totally different. That's why I checked. Also he's not first team ready and I have my doubts that he ever will be.

I wasn’t high on the Badiashile signing either but I’ll give him 5 or so games before judging him. Same goes for Felix. I’ll reserve judgment until I see how he is used. 

Since so many attacking players are injured I would play him together with Kai in a 2 striker system.