Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Just now, Vesper said:

Bellingham is such a baller, watching him now

dog help us if Pool or Citeh get him

Bellingham is an amazing talent. Creative and still resolute. Would be gutted to see him at Liverpool but I fear it’s inevitable 

What I find most interesting about dortmunds game is the brilliant football they are playing despite having a poor man’s Lukaku up front in modeste who looks completely useless and isolated 

3 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Not sure how true or accurate but just saw a tweet suggesting that Chelsea have reduced their wage bill this summer by around £36m per annum with the incomings and outgoings at the club.

If it is indeed anything close to a figure like that, I think that's another significant positive this summer. For too long we've allowed players to stay at the club and each summer had to expend far too much energy finding solutions for these players. A lot of them have now been moved on permanently and hands wiped clean of them. The loan system will still be hugely important for the club but it should be for creating pathways for young talent to either develop to play for Chelsea or develop to be sold elsewhere for a good fee. 

Hmm, let's see. All reported wages might not be accurate but they're probably in the ballpark, numbers taken from Capology.com

Outgoings:

1. Lukaku £325K/wk
  2. Werner £270K/wk
  3. Saul Niguez £200K/wk
  4. CHO £120K/wk
  5. Malang Sarr £120K/wk
  6. Alonso £100K/wk
  7. Rüdiger £100K/wk
  8. Barkley £100K/wk
  9. Christensen £80K/wk
  10. Drinkwater £100K/wk
  11. Musonda £40K/wk
  12. Kenedy £25K/wk
  13. Batshuayi £90K/wk

= £86.8M a year saved minus whatever salary compensation is being paid towards some of the loanees' salaries (CHO, Sarr, Batshuayi) as well as Barkley's termination.

Incomings:

1. Sterling £325K/wk
  2. Koulibaly £295K/wk
  3. Fofana £200K/wk
  4. Aubameyang £200K/wk
  5. Cucurella £175K/wk
  6. Zakaria £90K/wk

= £66.8M a year plus Gallagher, Broja, Chukweuemeka, Casadei, Slonina salaries however much they are.

If we play a guessing game and estimate the outgoing loanee wage compensations to be around half their salaries (apart from Lukaku whose wages are paid in full by Inter) that would lower the total savings from outgoing salaries to around £75M a year. As for the new additions, none of the younger guys are probably on high wages but for five players together the figure probably still adds up to around £10-20M a year so a total increase of £75-85M.

£36M a year in savings sounds like bullshit but all added up together it doesn't look like the overall wage bill has increased either despite some new signings on very high wages, though with new deals likely being signed by Mount and James in the near future the total salary bill will go up a little bit given they'll probably get around triple the money they're currently on.

Looks to be in a pretty good balance to me.

9 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

He is so slow the whole video is just him walking up a dozen  stairs lol

I fully understand the general sentiment of mocking Alonso, but I won't be surprised if he'll be killing it for them – less rigid defense, less pace, more individuality, more carefree attacking? Alonso may be a baller for Spanish league and the've got him for peanuts 

15 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Bellingham is an amazing talent. Creative and still resolute. Would be gutted to see him at Liverpool but I fear it’s inevitable 

What I find most interesting about dortmunds game is the brilliant football they are playing despite having a poor man’s Lukaku up front in modeste who looks completely useless and isolated 

Hummels still thuggin' it up, lol

9 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Hope this guy writes and autobiography one day, I'd be genuinely interested in his outlook on life.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12647445/danny-drinkwater-on-his-Chelsea-nightmare-i-wasted-some-of-my-best-years

He had a pretty honest interview a couple months ago with Sky Sports, talked about some mental health issues and also about the football. Comes across a very decent guy to be fair.

From the club's perspective it would have been nice if he'd accepted a permanent move away with a big wage cut years ago but let's be honest here, who of us would actually leave millions and millions of pounds on the table if you had a contract that said you're entitled to the money? I don't blame him for taking every single penny he was owed because I'd have done the exact same thing if I were in his shoes, it was the club's mistake to offer him that deal in the first place so the only ones to blame were Marina, Emenalo and any others who might have been involved in the decision to sign him. 

Edited by Jype

47 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

How is Adeyemi doing? Would really have liked us to pick him up. Nothing proven yet but outstanding technical skills so that's the best possible base from which to build a footballer.

As for Bellingham we're not getting him. We have to take small steps and build our attractiveness to top players little by little. It's a process of multiple seasons.

2 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

How is Adeyemi doing? Would really have liked us to pick him up. Nothing proven yet but outstanding technical skills so that's the best possible base from which to build a footballer.

As for Bellingham we're not getting him. We have to take small steps and build our attractiveness to top players little by little. It's a process of multiple seasons.

Has hardly played due to injury. Jury still out 

34 minutes ago, Jype said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12647445/danny-drinkwater-on-his-Chelsea-nightmare-i-wasted-some-of-my-best-years

He had a pretty honest interview a couple months ago with Sky Sports, talked about some mental health issues and also about the football. Comes across a very decent guy to be fair.

Yeah, this is an interesting dilemma - did he accept he got the golden ticket from life by having literal boatloads of money being thrown at him for six years for doing f**k at all and living his best life or is not happy at all, as he had true footballing ambition, that ended up in a gutter. And how does he handle being rich and not having to do anything anymore in life vs being one of most hated and laughed off footballers ever?

Always intrigued me that he never just took a money and went different way in life, by starting some business or whatever, but stuck to footy and trying to rebuild himself in other clubs (but Chelsea also had a say here I guess). It can mean that he just wasn't capable of doing anything else in life or that he really tried to be decent again, but failed after all.

He partially answers it, but still, the interview is done for a reason and he probably aimed to come out with certain image there.

9 minutes ago, Jype said:

Baba Rahman

Gotta love it. I remember I was rather young lad playing Fifa, when Baba Rahman was in Chelsea and now I'm old prick and he's still here for next 1,5 years. And one could probably count his Chelsea games on fingers during this time. It's like he is an eternal being here, I don't think we should ever let him go.

Edited by Vegetable

26 minutes ago, Jype said:

Permanent move for Batshuayi. Some Turkish media reports saying they even paid a 3,5M€ fee for him. 

Great clear out of the deadwood this summer. Barkley, Kenedy, Drinkwater, Miazga, Musonda, Clarke-Salter, Emerson, Alonso and Batshuayi all gone for good. Only Bakayoko, Baba Rahman and Sarr still remain.

Monaco will probably snap Sarr up permanently.    

25 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Gotta love it. I remember I was rather young lad playing Fifa, when Baba Rahman was in Chelsea and now I'm old prick and he's still here for next 1,5 years. And one could probably count his Chelsea games on fingers during this time. It's like he is an eternal being here, I don't think we should ever let him go.

When he was linked I watched video of him in Augsburg and was dead set against us signing him. Sadly, I was already an old git long before then. 😞