Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

37 minutes ago, Wise Old Man said:

Duran will become a far superior player to osimhen 

Villa selling their super sub, potential future star young striker to a direct top 4 rival with mere days remaining (or even on deadline day itself) seems incredibly unlikely and straight up idiotic on their part. If we pulled the trigger 3 weeks or so ago when we were heavily linked they would’ve done it. Think that ship has sailed.

Until we see Ivan Toney give his final answer on whether he’ll go to Saudi or not I can’t escape the idea that we’ll go for him this week.

24 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Villa selling their super sub, potential future star young striker to a direct top 4 rival with mere days remaining (or even on deadline day itself) seems incredibly unlikely and straight up idiotic on their part. If we pulled the trigger 3 weeks or so ago when we were heavily linked they would’ve done it. Think that ship has sailed.

Don't they still want sales because of PSR?

2 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Don't they still want sales because of PSR?

I thought they were good with PSR now after dealing with us and also selling Douglas Luiz. Idk.

15 hours ago, Vesper said:

based on what?

you saying it is so?

lol

I have provided extensive documentation, stats, and analysis over the years about him

you and some others just toss out claims (at times, some have done so in a cleverclogs fashion and manner) that he is meh or dregs or not starter material in any way

If he'd be available for 20m, or any value under 50m, either all top clubs in the world are wrong, or you are.

I presume most clubs have access to the same data, likely a lot more--not to mention multiple professional analysts looking at that data in a daily basis. The window isn't shut yet, so he might still move, but it looks like clubs are waiting to get him on a free.
He's 24yo Lille player, which suggests that he's a good striker, but not Elite, which matches the "backup" statement earlier.

BTW, eyeballs also think he's backup or rotation at best.

Edited by robsblubot

I agree with Vesper about JD, at £20m he WOULD be a bargain but imo this is fake price / fake situation: the guy & his agent have almost definitely simply briefed everyone he is not moving and will be available for discussions in Jan about a pre-agreement, given that he has only 1 year left on his contract he can cash in like crazy if he just waits.

Be crazy for him to agree to a deal now unless in the circumstances we put Gallagher or Sterling under.

He may not be perfect but his record is his record and in this day and age he's easily a £50m+ player - we will no doubt try to talk to him in Jan if for no other reason than potential to make a killing flipping him for profit...

Edited by Mhsc

38 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

I agree with Vesper about JD, at £20m he WOULD be a bargain but imo this is fake price / fake situation: the guy & his agent have almost definitely simply briefed everyone he is not moving and will be available for discussions in Jan about a pre-agreement, given that he has only 1 year left on his contract he can cash in like crazy if he just waits.

Be crazy for him to agree to a deal now unless in the circumstances we put Gallagher or Sterling under.

He may not be perfect but his record is his record and in this day and age he's easily a £50m+ player - we will no doubt try to talk to him in Jan if for no other reason than potential to make a killing flipping him for profit...

That makes sense, but the striker market is so competitive and overpriced that it's hard to believe all clubs are missing out on this elite Lille player.
No, it's not unheard of, but unlikely in my view.

Remember folks talking about Vardy at some point in the past, and while I always respected the player, never thought he was a player for Chelsea, for ex.

Edited by robsblubot

53 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Until we see Ivan Toney give his final answer on whether he’ll go to Saudi or not I can’t escape the idea that we’ll go for him this week.

Should have done a deal for Duran at the same time as selling maatsen. We bought that unimpressive kid instead 

So Chiesa being linked to Liverpool now. Would suck to see a player I love go to a club I hate but I really don’t think he’d have much of an impact there. The prime Chiesa pre-injury would’ve been insane at Liverpool but he’s not quite the same these days and will be more of a depth signing/backup.

Also see that City may loan out Matheus Nunes. City have been so dominant in recent years that it’s totally overlooked how they’ve had some seriously expensive flops. Grealish, Phillips, Nunes etc. Never really gets mentioned because the rest of their team is so good.

22 minutes ago, Wise Old Man said:

Should have done a deal for Duran at the same time as selling maatsen. We bought that unimpressive kid instead 

Eyeballs only here, but for me Duran is a lot better than Toney. He's just a better overall footballer with more potential to become an elite striker. Toney looks more like a competent dedicated goal scorer and that's about it.

1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

Eyeballs only here, but for me Duran is a lot better than Toney. He's just a better overall footballer with more potential to become an elite striker. Toney looks more like a competent dedicated goal scorer and that's about it.

I don’t think Toney is the right option for our squad atm, but the season before the ban he was one of the best players in the league. I don’t know what were his stats, but every game I watched him, he dominated the opposition defence.

From listening to retired  footballers talk on podcasts I believe that footballers receive their signing on bonus monthly, spread over the term of their contract. If I remember correctly and I'm happy to be put right if I'm wrong, if the player asks to leave they don't receive it, but if the player's moved on they have a claim on it.  It may well be that Sterling wants to clarify this.

41 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Toney is a backup at best. Duran could be Adriano regen 

7 minutes ago, whats happening said:

if duran has that much of a potential why would villa be okay with selling him. doesnt make sense to me.

He's on a 4 year deal until he's 24, then if he does not sign a new deal walks on a free. Yes, it's a long time still, but technically they have less than 3 years to increase his valuation and sell him.

They may have already tried to extend/renew and player and agent refused. Just speculating -- don't have the info.

I could be wrong too... just thought he looked really good on the ball aside from being a good finisher; there are a number of different aspects that can limit a player from reaching that elite level.