Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I just can’t escape the feeling that Toney is a big fish in a small pond type. Not convinced he’s good enough for the very biggest clubs. Him going from a small club like Brentford to a medium sized one feels more like his level to me.

If it’s not Osimhen I’d just stick with what we have and Guiu will get loads of minutes this season rotating with Nico. Jackson as the starter, Guiu as his backup, and Nkunku or perhaps Felix as emergency false 9’s.

Spending £50-60m on 28 year old Toney is too risky, imo. If he flops in his first season of what I assume would be a 5 year contract it would be a disaster even bigger than Lukaku in terms of trying to shift him.

Like, seriously no one here cares Toney was banned for betting? Stay away from the club, Abramovitch's staff at least had proper gravitas and avoided recruiting any type of obvious football shitheads, fortunately keeping the level of substance scandals, sexual assaults allegations, DUI and all this stuff sticking to the club at reasonably low level. Now hardly anyone seems to care if this club becomes a joke or not.

13 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Like, seriously no one here cares Toney was banned for betting? Stay away from the club, Abramovitch's staff at least had proper gravitas and avoided recruiting any type of obvious football shitheads, fortunately keeping the level of substance scandals, sexual assaults allegations, DUI and all this stuff sticking to the club at reasonably low level. Now hardly anyone seems to care if this club becomes a joke or not.

🤣 Alonso? 

14 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

🤣 Alonso? 

Reasonably low. Can't predict everything, however Alonso car crash, Mutu, Barkley and few more perhaps are still night and day vs likes of Dembele, Onana, Tonali or constant United shithousery. Just avoid problems were they are easy to avoid.

Edited by Vegetable

19 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Bit heartless. He had a gambling problem from 2017-2021 and he's tried to turn his life around, been in therapy for it and fully admitted what he's done - he's not a rapist, or a murderer. I have it in my heart to forgive a person's past mistakes in plenty of circumstances, including the rather ridiculous circumstance of a man betting on himself to score.

John Terry was a much worse human being than Ivan Toney (not that it is a competition) and we let him play for us despite the many despicable things he kept doing.

I don't think we will sign him but if we did my concerns would purely be footballing related.

22 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Reasonably low. Can't predict everything, however Alonso car crash, Mutu, Barkley and few more perhaps are still night and day vs likes of Dembele, Onana, Tonali or constant United shithousery. Just avoid problems were they are easy to avoid.

Wouldn't class killing some 1 then letting them pay then off n come play for us reasonably low 🤣

6 hours ago, Strike said:

They’ve signed a replacement - Igor Thiago from Brugge for 30m already. 

They may budge on the price in the last ten days of the window. They know the price can come down to 15m in January or nothing next summer

He got injured during pre-season. Will be out for months. They will be looking to sign a replacement.

21 minutes ago, Thor said:

Way too much for Felix, but at least he fits in the system. 

Think it’s a perfectly reasonable fee myself. I know people here are mixed on him but for me he’s still an elite talent and is still young. This day and age you see random players from the Championship being bought for silly money. So £38m for someone with world class technical ability is a good deal, imo.

1 hour ago, Mhsc said:

I don't think we will sign him but if we did my concerns would purely be footballing related.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with shaking his hand, but we are talking uber pro football here. I do not think Chelsea is a place for players after long term bans to reinvent themselves but that's my personal thing. Paying 50 or more million for a striker that bares risk of getting banned again and club ending without either striker and money paid is different thing. Mocking the club everytime something unusal happens is one another. What we gonna do? Trust person with addiction problem their word they won't do it again? Send people to follow him around 24/7?

Everyone has their deamons, so did Mutu, empathy is one thing but on this level it hardly matters. Imagine we bought Onana from Ajax at the time when it was actually plausible move - instant trainwreck situation.

Being moral asshole is not something to get player banned from sports, so letting Terry slide wasn't pretty, but different kind of risk I guess.  

Edited by Vegetable

️ next one

Chelsea defender Bashir Humphreys is set to compete a move to Burnley on an initial loan with an obligation to buy. He's set to sign a five-year deal and will be at Turf Moor today. Medical on Monday.

Fabrizio Romano

Just now, mkh said:

The transfer fee #Chelsea received from Strasbourg for Diego Moreria's is considerably higher than the €2million first reported - the Blues actually received €8m.

So, we receive an unreasonably high amount of money for a player from our co-multiclub? Hope we’ll keep smart and not getting any charges for this.

I imagine any supposed interest in Joe Gomez is the typical "Hey we'll buy your £0 book value player for £40m if you'll buy our £0 book value player for £40m" - maybe Chalobah?