Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

38 minutes ago, DDA said:

Toney would be my bet.

I’m not sure Brentford can do that. Selling their best player and main source of goals with no time for a replacement? They could get relegated if the do that.

36 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I’m not sure Brentford can do that. Selling their best player and main source of goals with no time for a replacement? They could get relegated if the do that.

Good point but how long left does he have on his contract? Can they afford to keep him longer, especially whilst his stocks are high. I only want Osimhen tbh but can see us settling with Jackson/Nkunku/Guiu and Felix as striking options

Edited by DDA

Toney is so bang average. 

Jesus - no idea what the fascination is with him here. Jackson>Toney and comfortably too. 

Felix is a eh signing, but better fit than Sterling I guess. Actually hopeful he can fit in well with the lads like Palmer, Nkunku and Jackson, as less pressure to score goals. He is great at the inbetween link up play bit so maybe his game opens up in this system. 

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

They’ve signed a replacement - Igor Thiago from Brugge for 30m already. 

They may budge on the price in the last ten days of the window. They know the price can come down to 15m in January or nothing next summer

Reminding me so much of a FM save. Swaps for Sancho, Chiesa, Felix and Osimhen. No one can convince me there’s a plan to all this. 

Just glad it’s established players and not more teenagers 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Reminding me so much of a FM save. Swaps for Sancho, Chiesa, Felix and Osimhen. No one can convince me there’s a plan to all this. 

FM is actually pretty accurate in that regard: wonderkid sometimes are just premature in their development. The fact they've reached a good level "so young" is not always indicative of their actual ceiling.
So may times you break the bank for a wonderkid in FM just to open the editor to find out his current ability is 171 and his potential is 175. 😅

For non-FM people out there 170s (good/excellent player), 180s (wc), 190s (the best).

I quit long time ago given they only update the GUI every year and add shit I don't care for, so I expect the database to be pretty much the same to this day.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Learned a bit too late. Like £500m too late. Maybe the penny drops… but I doubt it.

Edited by OneMoSalah

On 14/08/2024 at 19:50, Duppy Conqueror said:

Even in a world where Frank can be passed off as Caitlyn,pretty sure 6th is in the top half of the premier league.

Martin Samuels hates CFC and he is wrong .... 2 of these keepers played for us last season, and If I recall correctly we did finish in the top 6

Edited by Norfolkblue1961

Chelsea

• Diego Moreira officially signs in as a new Strasbourg player from Chelsea on a permanent deal. BlueCo formally completed the deal on Friday.

• Maresca on the Conor Gallagher saga: “Conor is back. He is training apart from the group. He is doing some medical tests and training. He won't be involved for the game vs Man City because he is trying to find a solution…”

• Maresca on Osimhen and João Félix: “I’m not gonna comment on Atléti and Napoli players… The club knows exactly what I think and hopefully before the window shuts we can bring in some more players.”

• Understand Chelsea and Atlético are getting closer to a final agreement for João Félix and Conor Gallagher! Positive round of talks on Friday, João says yes to contract terms. Rumours on €60m fixed fee for Félix are not true. All parties working to get it done this weekend.

• Ben Chilwell, set to leave Chelsea as Maresca has confirmed: “It's probably better he goes and leaves and finds minutes. I love the way he is, the problem is that he is struggling to find the right position with us...”

• Si Phillips muses on the Gallagher/Félix and Osimhen/Lukaku situations and wonders whether Mudryk will be given the time to come good.

• “Good to be back on the grass,” says Reece James on his social media accounts.

• Understand Chelsea see Romelu Lukaku and Victor Osimhen as separate deals. NO negotiations over a swap, Chelsea are focused now on selling Lukaku on a permanent deal. Napoli are on it with personal terms agreed, talks ongoing with Chelsea as only open to permanent sale.

• Chelsea remain interested in Victor Osimhen as the option was re-activated weeks ago and talks are still ongoing. But Chelsea informed Napoli that they could proceed on loan in the final days. Osimhen and his camp always been clear, not open to loan/no way to reduce salary.

Edited by Vesper

8 hours ago, mkh said:

UPDATE: The agreement is now getting really close between Chelsea and Atletico Madrid for Felix and Gallagher. (@FabrizioRomano)

👀👀

Almost done/hot days/almost here we go etc for the next load of days. Boy needs a girlfriend 

6 hours ago, Pizy said:

Wonder who the club will panic buy in place of Osimhen if we miss out?

one of these:

Alexander Isak  
Dušan Vlahović  

Viktor Gyökeres 
Ollie Watkins
Loïs Openda 
Evan Ferguson  
Jonathan David 
Ivan Toney 

João Pedro 
Mikel Oyarzabal 
Victor Boniface 
Santiago Gimenez
Elye Wahi  
Brian Brobbey  
Vitor Roque 
Taiwo Awoniyi   
Marcos Leonardo  
Jhon Durán

drop off

Rodrigo Muniz
El Bilal Touré 
Arnaud Kalimuendo   
Isaac Romero  
Georginio Rutter 

38 minutes ago, Vesper said:

one of these:

Alexander Isak  
Dušan Vlahović  

Viktor Gyökeres 
Ollie Watkins
Loïs Openda 
Evan Ferguson  
Jonathan David 
Ivan Toney 

João Pedro 
Mikel Oyarzabal 
Victor Boniface 
Santiago Gimenez
Elye Wahi  
Brian Brobbey  
Vitor Roque 
Taiwo Awoniyi   
Marcos Leonardo  
Jhon Durán

drop off

Rodrigo Muniz
El Bilal Touré 
Arnaud Kalimuendo   
Isaac Romero  
Georginio Rutter 

I just can’t imagine any of these clubs being willing to sell such key players so late in the window. Especially PL clubs.