Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

8 minutes ago, mkh said:

BREAKING: Yesterday, Thursday, August 15, Juventus & Chelsea talked about an exchange that involved Federico Chiesa and Sterling. Both clubs have explored the feasibility of the operation, but at the moment the deal seems to be blocked. Chelsea could return! (via @DiMarzio)

Blocked how?

Oh wait.. I guess Juve wants us to give away Sterling for pennies with 38 partial payments and also subsidize 95% of his wages while they demand £50m for Chiesa up front.

Probably something like this.

1 hour ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Was always going to be the case, no different to Maatsen/Kellyman and the potential Gallagher/Felix deals.

If a swap were to take place, Chelsea are taking the full amortisation hit on Lukaku this summer which is still around £40m. We need to sell him for as close to that as possible, even I assume if it means paying 'more' for Osimhen, should that deal be pursued.

24 minutes ago, mkh said:

BREAKING: Yesterday, Thursday, August 15, Juventus & Chelsea talked about an exchange that involved Federico Chiesa and Sterling. Both clubs have explored the feasibility of the operation, but at the moment the deal seems to be blocked. Chelsea could return! (via @DiMarzio)

Now that we have Neto and are chasing Felix, how the FUCK would it make an ounce of sense for us to also be after yet another winger?

I’m calling bullshit here. Chiesa is someone who was probably one we looked at as an alternative to Neto.

Enzo Maresca on #Chelsea's hierarchy target:

"To have the feeling that we are going in the right direction. This is a very good target already when the owner, sporting directors, the manager and the players all have the same idea..."

[via @MailSport]

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

See, this to me sounds like we’re indeed going to sell them Lukaku but we’re going to end up missing out on Osimhen because we’ll have wasted weeks trying to structure the deal in a way that was never going to be accepted.

We need to stop fucking around and just pay them for a permanent move. A loan clearly isn’t happenening.

Selling Lukaku and 'missing out' on VO is actually the best thing that could happen. VO is both overrated and overpaid. That is not a player you want to buy. For sure, a loan is fine or some sort of swap where he drops his wages. If he want to keep his wages he can stay in Naples where his own club clown him on social media. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I think he clearly is connected with agents and people within clubs so he definitely knows a lot. But what he has been guilty of this summer is reporting things as advanced far too soon. You can tell he does that so he’s first.

As opposed to Ornstein who doesn’t care as much about being first but always waits until something is 99% before tweeting it out.

Nah, this guy is a fraud. I have been saying it for years but he just repeats the same old nonsense and then says 'here we go' immediately after (within seconds) of a real horror saying. 

Guy is a grinder to be fair as he must be checking his socials on loop all day everyday. At best he is a social media influencer.

29 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

Lmao Osimhen.. Sure you can keep your wage but you'll stay in Napoli next season.
Enjoy watching Conte flirt with Lukaku every day while you sit on the bench or maybe not even that.

I think Osimhen is a big gamble and for the rumored price and his salary demands I would rather play  a younger Jackson who scored 14 goals in PL than a 15 goal striker in fecking Serie A.

Exactly this. 

21 minutes ago, mkh said:

Official, confirmed. Lesley Ugochukwu joins Southampton on loan from Chelsea.

Salary covered and NO buy option clause included.

Good loan. Soton are a well run club who know how to blood youngsters properly. Best spot in the PL for a player with his profile. 

18 minutes ago, mkh said:

Breaking: Enzo Maresca has told Ben Chilwell he is free to leave Chelsea.

(@RyanTaylorSport)

Hardly plays anyway... I hope that's not James' future.

Edited by robsblubot

Always liked Chilly as a personality and loved watching him at his best in that UCL winning season before he got injured when he was flying up and down the wing. So it’s sad to see his Chelsea career never really recover.

But it is right that we move on. Ideally it’s not to someone who can hurt us since I do think there’s still a very decent wingback in there.

17 minutes ago, mkh said:

Breaking: Enzo Maresca has told Ben Chilwell he is free to leave Chelsea.

(@RyanTaylorSport)

He is a tough sell. Injury prone and on high wages. Then it is also likely we would want sizable money (£30m+.) Only team stupid enough to buy him would be Utd. 

Mikel has Chelsea finishing 7th and says that the club need Osimhen to even think about higher, via @beINSPORTS_EN

I have a feeling that Ben Chilwell has been cut off the main team like Chalobah.

Maresca doesn't want distraction. He said he trained with 22 players. I'm wondering what he did to the rest. 😂

12 minutes ago, mkh said:

Mikel has Chelsea finishing 7th and says that the club need Osimhen to even think about higher, via @beINSPORTS_EN

heh it seems a bit biased given he's personally involved in the the move.

Feels a bit old school to me and dismissive of Jackson. I don't think he's going to be a top striker tbh, just my feeling based on what I see from him, but he's a competent forward and we have other goal scorers in the squad now (not necessarily strikers).

With that out of the way, I'd like another striker (not necessarily Osimhen) as I don't trust Guiu (huge gamble given his age and PL).

Would also wonder about AFCON next year esp if we are on a transfer ban.

Also Chilwell is one of the last links to our successful past. After the executives and backroom staff have been cleared out by clownlake, soon there will be no person remaining who knows how to win a trophy at this club.