Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

I fully agree on Mudryk, but I'm not sure I see that much difference between (our) Sterling and Felix. They both seem to go hot and cold even within the same match. Felix is a lot younger tho, so there is always that hope he turns a corner.

Tbf, Felix is the more skillful player for sure... relies less on pace. Actually wish Felix were a bit quicker tbh.

Raheem "run into people Sterling

6 minutes ago, Wise Old Man said:

Players that rely on pace suck. This isn’t Crystal Palace 

Or Brighton? 😅 I'd counter that at this level few players rely exclusively on pace.
From our roster, the most obvious case is Mudryk, but Madueke is also somewhat over-reliant on pace, which is the reason I thought he was a limitation as a starter (diff case if rotation/back).

14 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

I fully agree on Mudryk, but I'm not sure I see that much difference between (our) Sterling and Felix. They both seem to go hot and cold even within the same match. Felix is a lot younger tho, so there is always that hope he turns a corner.

Tbf, Felix is the more skillful player for sure... relies less on pace. Actually wish Felix were a bit quicker tbh.

10 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Raheem "run into people Sterling

As @YorkshireBluesays, Sterling infuriates me because of his signature “get the ball and run fail to beat his man” move. Raheem in top form is still a very dangerous player but most of the time he looks like he can’t be bothered.

Even if he’s not scoring I’d rather have Felix out there than Sterling.

22 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Felix is a lot younger tho, so there is always that hope he turns a corner.

…Thought Atletico board 5 years ago.

Felix is massively experienced player, who has never really lived up to the hype of world's biggest talent from 2018/19, but largely a done product. There is hardly a reason to expect any incredible development from him, he is not the same thing as our two team buses of young and promising players of similar age.

Edited by Vegetable

7 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Felix is massively experienced player, who has never really lived up to the hype of world's biggest talent from 2018/19, but largely a done product. There is hardly a reason to expect any incredible development from him, he is not the same thing as our two team buses of young and promising players of similar age.

Sure, I'm not suggesting he's about to reach new levels... that ship has sailed. What I was referring to was a marginal improvement, even if tactical. Say that he learns a few things by working with Maresca in that new system... stranger things have happened.
In comparison, I'd not expect Sterling at 29 to change a whole lot.

Edited by robsblubot

4 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

He has never and probably never will become the “carry a whole team on his back” sort of megastar that he was hyped up to be when Atleti bought him, that’s true. But for me he’s still a delightful player to watch and a supreme talent. 

I personally just look at him as a really, really good player who when surrounded by other really, really good players will shine. I don’t expect him to be that superstar anymore. 

12 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Thought Atletico board 5 years ago.

Was always a stupid buy by AM, let's buy a aggressive flair talent with bags of attacking potential, and stick him one of the most defensive playing styles ever then wonder why he doesn't develop, in normal terms it's basically getting the plumber out to re wire your house.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

Felix is a luxury player for us, as was said here many times when most of us was fine with him leaving. I understand there is financial mumbo-jumbo involved and would take him any day over Mudryk, but Felix is not a winger and who knows if he can replicate his performance from freeroaming amf. And we can't really play with 6 freeroaming amfs up front.

Atleti was trying to ship him anywhere anyhow because he is reluctant to defend and I always believed there is no place in top PL teams for players who won't involve into defense. And we already have some of such and potentially Osimhen incoming. Previously when we believed we could afford out-of-system targetman what happened was the sole Lukaku destroyed our entire system and performance. Sure Felix can pull some tiki-taka dance moves, but this ain't no league for tiki-taka dance moves and Maresca seem to have rather rigid idea of what to play.

Sure I'd like him to round some corners in his game and find some outlandish synergy with Maresca, but I'm not sure if it's realistic to expect anything more, than we've already seen in Chelsea shirt. And even then we seem to mistake playing for the badge with playing for his life, eg. any contract anywhere other than Atleti, when everyone else downed their tools. I have nothing against the guy, but can easily see our board getting carried away again and paying fortune + Gallagher for him and that would be stupid.

Edited by Vegetable

29 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Was always a stupid buy by AM, let's buy a aggressive flair talent with bags of attacking potential, and stick him one of the most defensive playing styles ever then wonder why he doesn't develop, in normal terms it's basically getting the plumber out to re wire your house.

Imagine if he had gone to Real Madrid 

2 hours ago, mkh said:

Exclusive: Chelsea striker Mason Burstow is closing in on a permanent move to Hull City. The club are ready to sell a host of players who didn't get on the club's pre-season tour of the US.

via@NizaarKinsella

These youth sales are good to see but the bigger problem of large wages isn't being solved by the club.  We can't start the season with Lukaku/Kepa and a few others still on the books. 

13 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

These youth sales are good to see but the bigger problem of large wages isn't being solved by the club.  We can't start the season with Lukaku/Kepa and a few others still on the books. 

I think Lukaku will be sold, but Kepa is a concern as he will be absolute dead wages. He is not going to play for Maresca at all.

On 13/08/2024 at 22:30, Costa19 said:

Osimhen on 300k+ / week i read..
No way we will pay that and i can't see him accept going down to 200k~.

How can Italian clubs pay such salaries when they skimp on every little penny when they want to buy players? Lmao

Weekly
£ 211,231 (Base)
£ 42,180 (Bonus)

https://www.capology.com/player/victor-osimhen-36158/

36e0a16223c9cb5ee5f741b4a327028e.png

On 14/08/2024 at 00:20, LAM09 said:

It's getting to the point where City will just continue about their business without any real punishment coming their way. It's farcical. 

IF we get

a multi-window transfer ban

and/or

points dections

and/or

straight relegation

and

Citeh get NOTHING or a minor slap on the wrist

I am done with the EPL and the FA and all English football, including the national team

absolutely done

I actually don’t think a transfer ban would be the worst thing for us lol. Especially if we sort out CB. 

I think we’re set at every position bar central defence. LW would be nice but that may be Felix soon. 

Transfer ban will force some consistency of line ups, relieve some expectations and allow a manager time to cook.  

On 14/08/2024 at 00:32, Fernando said:

Crap why we are not on that? 

He is much better then Badishille and dissasi combined. 

I have been begging for him and/or other CBs for years

if he goes to AM

we have missed out on (my targets over the past few years):

Italics are still out there

Ronald Araujo  
Alessandro Bastoni 
Bremer 
Micky van de Ven 
Leny Yoro 
Marquinhos
António Silva   
Giorgio Scalvini (injured)