Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

28 minutes ago, Mário César said:

well he is only 24 years old

Do you mean already 😉 

4 hours ago, Strike said:

Best player right now. If they can convince her, this would be a landmark signing.

This rumour has been around for the last couple of weeks. I don't believe it is credible. This kind of fee would not only make Bonmati the most expensive player in the world, it would make her more expensive than the last 10 world record transfers combined. Once upon a time spending on a club's women's team was excluded from FFP calculations but, beginning with the season just ended, such spending must fall within the financial calculations. This being the case, it simply makes no sense to pay this kind of fee in the women's game.

The only conceivable justification for such a fee would be if the club believed Bonmati's arrival would drive a significant increase in average attendance for the women's matches at Stamford Bridge and raise the team's profile still further around the world. In short, if they saw this cost as being part of the promotional budget. 

The current world record transfer fee for a female player is reported to be €475,000 paid by us for Myra Ramirez in January. Myra was brought in after Sam Kerr and her deputy, Mia Fischel, both suffered season ending ACLs. Sadly Myra also missed the crucial month of the season during which we were eliminated from The Champions League by Bonmati's Barcelona despite having beaten them in the away leg. But for her absence and two horrendous decisions by the referee Bonmati would have one fewer Champions League winners medals than she does. 🙁

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

24 for a GK is pretty young

I know, it was a joke with an allusion to the new transfer philosophy

15 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I'm hoping we start Duran, I'm not saying he's better than Jackson, but he's instinctive and has one hell of a left peg, I personally think Jackson would make a great LWer 

Jackson should move into the Anelka role. Playing as winger/pseudo-second striker, like Anelka did in Ancelotti's 433 formation. All we need is a Drogba in the CF position.

15 hours ago, Special Juan said:

We would be better signing Duran Duran than Jon Duran

Duran Duran - New Religion (Carnival Remix) 

Label:    EMI – EMS-50125
Format:    Vinyl, 12", 33 ⅓ RPM, Mini-Album, Compilation
Released:    1 Feb 1983
Genre:    Electronic, Rock
Style:    New Wave, Pop Rock, Synth-pop

14 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I always boast that Guyanese people are basically bilingual. Speaking our regional version as well as the 'standard' version. What's more, most of us speak better standard English than many who are born here. There are obviously some exceptions I see. 🙂🙂

in Barbados (where my mum is from, Christ Church) they call the Guyanese 'jump-ups', lolol (Rihanna Fenty's mum is Guyanese btw)

9 hours ago, Pizy said:

If Gallagher ends up staying I don’t know how we can possibly keep all these midfielders happy after the reporting that Andrey Santos will stay. Many of our fans seem to forget that Chukwameka should be back to full fitness to start the season as well and he looked super promising before his big injury. And I have no clue what the purpose of Ugochukwu is if both Lavia and Santos are here as the #6’s.

For deep sitting DM: Lavia, Andrey Santos, Ugochukwu

For more box to box #8’s: Gallagher, Enzo, Caicedo, Chukwameka, Casadei

Feels at least like 2 of those have to go. 

Casadei has interest from Italy - Bologna and Lazio want him. He might go

The rest can stay. Enzo, Caicedo, Lavia and Gallagher for the league games. Ugo, Santos, Carney get gametime in the cups.