Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, DDA said:

Get Toney and a top GK (We may  already have one in the new one we got) and many of our problems are solved.

Start converting the endless chances we have and all of a sudden what seems as a crisis will become one of the best footballing projects in England only second to City's. 

Until Toney starts betting on us to lose. 

Chelsea only had one conversation about Rayan Cherki

Chelsea fans asked me a lot during the summer about their club and links with Lyon’s Rayan Cherki. Honestly, I’m only aware of Chelsea having one conversation with Lyon to discuss both Cherki and Bradley Barcola - they just wanted to be kept informed on the conditions of the deal, but they never made Lyon any bid and they never started any negotiation.

From what I’m told, there was nothing concrete this summer. Chelsea were not working on the Cherki deal, he’s always been monitored, but he was not a priority on their list this summer. It was never something close or concrete, also because the player wasn’t desperate to move this summer, maybe in 2024.

There were a lot of rumours, but Chelsea had different ideas. Let’s see for the future, but it was never something close this summer.

• Norwegian talent Antonio Nusa has confirmed Chelsea wanted him on Deadline Day. He said: “We had a new talk when the money came but I knew what to do. A lot of money… but I can’t focus on that. I want to really think through my next step, what’s right for me.” - Chelsea will keep monitoring Antonio Nusa as the 2005-born winger is considered top talent. Chelsea’s scouts will keep tracking him in the next months after Deadline Day bid of around €30 million was rejected.

• https://thedailybriefing.io/i/136818600/Chelsea

Chelsea ‘ready’ to make £51.5m January bid for 24-goal striker Tottenham wanted to replace Kane

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/Chelsea-ready-to-make-51-5m-january-bid-for-24-goal-striker-tottenham-wanted-to-replace-kane

Chelsea are reportedly ‘ready’ to launch a £51.5m bid for Lille centre-forward Jonathan David, who is also a target for Tottenham Hotspur.

Mauricio Pochettino’s side are looking a little light in the striker department after summer signing Christopher Nkunku picked up a serious knee injury earlier this month.

Nkunku’s absence leaves Chelsea with Nicolas Jackson as their only fit striker, with Armando Broja still unavailable with an injury. The Albania international hasn’t featured since December last year.

With that in mind, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see the Blues bring in a new centre-forward when the transfer window re-opens.

Now, reports suggest that they are poised to make a move for David. As mentioned, Tottenham considered a move for the Canadian in the summer window as Ange Postecoglou searched for a Harry Kane replacement.

As a result, we could potentially see a bidding war take place for David between Chelsea and Tottenham in January. Newcastle have also made enquiries about him in the past, so they could also throw their hat into the ring.

According to reports from Spain (as cited by Football Talk), Chelsea are ‘ready ‘to launch a £51.5m bid for David.

The 23-year-old is widely considered to be one of the best strikers in France and is only expected to improve as he gains experience.

David netted an impressive 24 goals in 37 Ligue 1 appearances for Lille last season. Only Paris Saint-Germain superstar Kylian Mbappe (28) and Lyon striker Alexandre Laczzette (27) scored more.

The striker has also started this season in a similar fashion, scoring two goals in four games so far. He has also made 42 appearances for Canada throughout his career, netting 25 times in the process, so there is certainly no doubting his quality.

With a goal scoring record like that, David could be exactly what Chelsea need to help them challenge for trophies again, so it will be interesting to see if they do make a £51.5m bid for him, as reported.

Tottenham’s interest in the Canadian is unlikely to go away, though, so the Blues will have to move quickly if they want to sign their top striker target.

Chelsea considering January move for Ollie Watkins

https://football-talk.co.uk/191728/Chelsea-considering-january-move-for-ollie-watkins/

According to journalist Simon Phillips, Chelsea are considering a January move to sign Aston Villa striker Ollie Watkins.

The London giants bolstered their centre-forward department with the signing of Nicolas Jackson from Villarreal last summer, but he has yet to find consistency. The Senegal star has impressed with his work rate and movement in the final third, but has been prone to missing clear-cut scoring opportunities.

Christopher Nkunku could have been an option to play up front for manager Mauricio Pochettino, but the Frenchman is unavailable until next year with a serious knee injury. Speaking on his podcast, Phillips has now revealed that Watkins is one of the names being considered by Chelsea as they look to sign another striker.

He said: “Dusan Vlahovic was obviously looked at in the summer. He’s still there. Jonathan David from Lille. And the last one is Ollie Watkins from Aston Villa. Those are the names that I’ve been given this week that Chelsea are considering for the January window.”

Unlikely deal

Chelsea have splashed the cash on new signings since their takeover by Clearlake Capital Group. We saw another huge spending spree this summer with nearly £400 million spent on purchases. Despite this, the club are still lagging behind their Premier League rivals when it comes to the striking department.

The club have lacked the cutting edge in front of goal for some period of time. Raheem Sterling has been in good form individually, but there has been no support for him with the likes of Jackson, Mykhailo Mudryk and Noni Madueke yet to find their feet. Chelsea may now want a Premier League-based striker.

Watkins has been a good fit for the Villans in the English top-flight. Last season, he managed 16 goals for the Midlands clubs with 15 of those in the Premier League. His excellent form in the second half of the campaign was the catalyst behind Unai Emery’s side qualifying for the Conference League.

The Englishman has yet to find the net in the league, but he did score a fantastic hat-trick against Hibernian in the first leg of the Conference League play-off. He would be a proper signing for Chelsea, but Villa may not entertain losing their main striker at any price midway through the campaign.

Manchester City now want £31.5m Ian Maatsen, who is refusing to sign a new contract

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/transfer-news/manchester-city-now-want-32m-Chelsea-player-who-is-refusing-to-sign-a-new-contract/

I so hope he doesn’t fuck us. He may well do so. 

Nusa is a baller, fucking so pissed we did not close him out on deadline day
he looks special

here he is for Norway a couple of days back

scored the opening goal and also had an assist

HD highlights of the game, great quality (but warning, the commentary is in Norwegian, lol, so deal 🤣)

https://filelions.live/f/8696oit5ghns (video)

Jørgen Strand Larsen, the CF next to him below is 1.93m, Nusa is 1.80m

VG-børsen: Haaland-erstatter Jørgen Strand Larsen herjet med Jordan - VG

Who is Antonio Nusa? Chelsea plot £26m transfer for 'next Haaland' who's been compared to Neymar

Antonio Nusa is latest young star everybody is talking about and Chelsea want to bring him to Stamford Bridge

https://www.football.london/Chelsea-fc/transfer-news/antonio-nusa-Chelsea-haaland-neymar-27674955

Antonio Nusa emerged as a target for Chelsea late into the summer transfer window, but a move failed to materialise. The 18-year-old striker has been heavily linked with numerous top clubs across Europe as he begins to make a name for himself at Club Brugge in Belgium.

He's already managed to rack up plenty of minutes in Belgium and make his debut for Norway. So, with Todd Boehly eager to harbour the world's most exciting young players at Stamford Bridge, Nusa has been identified as somebody who can rival Nicolas Jackson and Armando Broja in the starting lineup one day.

So, with that being said, football.london have taken a look at Nusa and why Chelsea are so eager to secure his signature...

What's so special about Nusa?

Nusa, who sees his contract at the Jan Breydel Stadium expire in 2027, has already managed to chalk up 46 appearances for Club Brugge, directly contributing towards seven goals and assists. In fact, three of which have come in his first ten games this season and he's reportedly courted the interest of numerous top clubs across Europe.

The teenager's impressive performances also earned him a call-up to the Norway senior squad, scoring and providing an assist on his debut in a 6-0 win over Jordan.

How much will he cost?

According to Fabrizio Romano, Chelsea offered Club Brugge around €30million (£25.7m) for Nusa. But, following his impressive debut for Norway, his price could quickly soar in the coming months.

What has been said?

Earlier this week, Nusa confirmed to TV2 that Chelsea tried sign him on August 30, during a Europa Conference League clash against Osasuna. As quoted by Sport Witness, he said: "I didn’t know about it. I saw there was a lot of stuff on my phone. My phone exploded after the game. Then I wondered what happened. Then I realised.

"I already knew that it wasn’t going to happen, but then the money came on the table. Then it’s seen in a slightly different way. We had to have another conversation when the money arrived, but we were on the same page, so there was no problem there. I knew what to do anyway, so it was fine."

Then, when quizzed on Chelsea's bid for him, Nusa added: "That’s a lot of money. A lot of money. But I try not to think about it so much. I can’t focus on that, you know. I don’t think it’s good for me.

"We are talking about very big clubs and that’s where you dream of being in the future. I try not to think about money at all. There’s a lot of money in football, so that’s not what’s on my mind. It’s where I can develop best and become as good as possible."

Who is he similar to?

Nusa has previously named Neymar as his role model. Speaking to Aftonposten in April 2021, as quoted by Goal, he said: "I like to create chaos. Neymar is my role model because he creates chaos on the pitch with his dribbling, just like me. He is one of the best in the world."

The teenager's former Stabaek teammate, Mats Solheim, has also previously compared between the two. He said: "I can see similarities to Neymar in Nusa's movements and in the way he uses the ball. There is still a small gap between them, but he can get there."

lol, you knew it was coming

Real Madrid’s scouting director Juni Calafat pushing Real Madrid to pursue Antonio Nusa

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2023/09/09/juni-calafat-pushing-real-madrid-to-pursue-antonio-nusa/

this makes NO sense

assuming (a damn good assumption IMHO) they land Mbappe next year

Real already would have 3 of the top 5 right footed wingers (massive drop off after these 5, and when you count ALL wingers, the only 2 atm at these 5's level are leftie Saka and Foden)  on the planet

they would have the top 3 in terms of valuation atm

and all 3 prefer the LW

Kylian Mbappé 
Vinicius Junior 
Rodrygo (right footed and already forced out of position from the LW to the RW due to Vini)
Rafael Leão 
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia  (ambipedal but plays 95% at LW) 

Nusa is a righter footed LWer as well 

IF he blows up up that level, they would have FOUR of the top 6 right footed/ambipedal wingers

Plus they have Endrick coming in! (granted a lefty, but he will be a winger as well!!!!!)

PLUS they have the right footed Valverde who also plays at winger at at times, lolol

assuming that (a lefty like Saka, Foden, and Endrick) that Lamine Yamal blows up too

and assuming Nusa does as well (the biggest IF of the 10)

this would be the top ten wingers in a few years (barring so new one not listed coming on, and also assuming all these stay at or go to this level

bold are Real Madrid in this scenario

left footers are in italics

no real order (other than the top 2 atm)

Kylian Mbappé LW
Vinicius Junior LW
Rodrygo LW but forced already to RW

Rafael Leão (also linked to Real!) LW
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia (also linked to Real!) LW
Bukayo Saka RW
Phil Foden RW
Lamine Yamal RW

Endrick  RW
Antonio Nusa LW

LOLOLOL

Madness!

will never happen

PLUS they will move for Håland, (or Osimhen if Håland doesn't happen) so there is their CF filled

best targets atm for positions of need (plus I list a youth DMF)

Right Footed CB

António Silva
Bremer 
Jean-Clair Todibo 
Mohamed Simakan   

youth

Leny Yoro 
Luka Vuskovic

LB

Alphonso Davies
Nuno Mendes

youth

Caleb Wiley

RB  (if Reeces leaves)

Achraf Hakimi 
Jeremie Frimpong 
Arnau Martínez

DMF

youth

Gabriel Moscardo

AMF

Florian Wirtz
Lucas Paquetá 

Xavi Simons  
Dani Olmo  
Arsen Zakharyan (no longer on a Russian team)

youth

Désiré Doué 
Georgiy Sudakov   
Jobe Bellingham

Winger

Rafael Leão
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia

Pedro Gonçalves
Nico Williams
Nicolás González
Marcus Edwards
Kevin Schade
Amine Adli

youth

Antonio Nusa
Estevão Willian
(16yo)
Rayan Vitor    

CF

Victor Osimhen
Lautaro Martínez
Dusan Vlahovic
Jonathan David
Ollie Watkins
Ivan Toney    (January?)
Evan Ferguson
Benjamin Sesko

youth

Kauã Elias

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

youth

Leny Yoro 
Luka Vuskovic

fuck

(this lad is by far the most likely to be the next Gvardiol ie great Croatian CB (right footed versus Gvardiol being left footed)

Tottenham to complete centre-back signing this week

Fantastic news for Tottenham fans as the club is closing in on the signing of Croatian wonderkid defender Luka Vuskovic. Born in 2007, this centre-back looks an exciting signing for the future for Spurs.

Many other clubs also tried to approach Hajduk Split over Vuskovic, with interest last January, February, and March, as I reported across my platforms at that time, but now we have an imminent ‘here we go’ for Vuskovic to go to Tottenham. The deal is nearly ready, a decision has been made, with Vuskovic only wanting to go to Tottenham - it was impossible to change his mind.

Spurs have been monitoring him for more than one year, but I can also reveal that Vuskovic was in the list of five European top clubs including Manchester City, PSG and Bayern... and one more.

The two clubs are now finalising the deal, it’s just about final details and documents now, and then Vuskovic can have his medical and sign his contract. It’s imminent now, I expect Spurs to complete the deal this week - this talented young centre-back will 100% be a Spurs player.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fc65c3216-9586-4ab6-984c-1a221511f519_1200x800.jpeg

7e505d2c9020755e95b0b73bcda83e7e.png

On 09/09/2023 at 22:50, Vesper said:

Manchester City now want £31.5m Ian Maatsen, who is refusing to sign a new contract

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/transfer-news/manchester-city-now-want-32m-Chelsea-player-who-is-refusing-to-sign-a-new-contract/

I so hope he doesn’t fuck us. He may well do so. 

Maybe that's why he didn't join Burnley on deadline day, probably had better offers on the table. 

2 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Maybe that's why he didn't join Burnley on deadline day, probably had better offers on the table. 

we should have sold him to Citeh

I think it is likely he refuse to renew and will refuse to go anywhere but Citeh, and may well wait until summer to go there on a free, unless they offer us something in January (which will likely be FAR below £31.5m if they do decide they do not want to wait)

we will just be training him for Citeh the rest of the season

and lose a pure profit £31.5m for FFP purposes

arsed again