Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Maybe it really could be Eze? He’s got PL experience, and plays on the left or through the middle. He’s good at long shots where we are generally not great, and in general just the sort of profile you could totally imagine slotting in immediately. He’s also a little older (close to his prime) which Poch has been asking for. 

Eze could be shout.

He is still youngish (25) but also experienced enough although Palace is one thing, Chelsea is another. 

Whether or not he can do what he did for Palace last year for us is the question but his age, experience in terms of games played and profile is what we should be looking for.

1 hour ago, Mhsc said:

The thing that totally throws me is Poch said it’s pointless unless they’re a PL player, as it will take time to adapt if they’re not and by then Nkunku is back.

So who the fuck could be a surprising signing that knows the league? Leroy Sane? Hazard? Eze? Fuck knows. 

Think he said a “PL ready” player. Not necessarily someone who is or has actually been in the PL. 

Probably doesn’t want another situation where it takes a player months to get up to speed with the pace and physicality of this league. 

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think he said a “PL ready” player. Not necessarily someone who is or has actually been in the PL. 

Probably doesn’t want another situation where it takes a player months to get up to speed with the pace and physicality of this league. 

“It’s easy to say we need another offensive player but I think we have offensive players that need to recover.

“Now, if you bring a player who is maybe not fit or needs to adapt to the Premier League, maybe you are going to spend the same time that you need to wait for Broja or for Nkunku or for Carney, and then you are going to create a mess in the squad.”

So he wants someone that will immediately slot into the lineup without needing time to get fit or adapt to the league at all. That probably means a PL or ex-PL player or someone that looks tailor made for the league. 

That said, Poch asked for experience in midfield and got handed a 19 year old and a 21 year old for huge money. So maybe it is better not to read too much into it and someone like Barcola is just as likely as anyone else.

I suppose there's also Jadon Sancho who has the Joe Shields link... I'm not immediately keen, but not very familiar with how he has flopped so hard at Utd.

Edit:

Just now, lluubbeenn said:

There has been some noise around Sancho. Only random accounts report it, but exchanging Cucu for Sancho on loans may be a decent stopgap.

We posted at exactly the same time!

Edited by Mhsc

26 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Eze could be shout.

He is still youngish (25) but also experienced enough although Palace is one thing, Chelsea is another. 

Whether or not he can do what he did for Palace last year for us is the question but his age, experience in terms of games played and profile is what we should be looking for.

Doubt Palace entertain the sale of Eze this late in the window....unless it's a massive offer. 

Surely if Eze was the target, we wouldn't have gone after Olise with some secret release clause and pissed them off. 

47 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Maybe it really could be Eze? He’s got PL experience, and plays on the left or through the middle. He’s good at long shots where we are generally not great, and in general just the sort of profile you could totally imagine slotting in immediately. He’s also a little older (close to his prime) which Poch has been asking for. 

Seriously doubt we're dealing with Palace again this summer after the Olise debacle

2 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I'd love Sancho here tbh

What's happened with him at Utd? I feel like there's got to be a serious player in there but how has he fallen from grace so hard? Fitness? Attitude? The system?

10 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

What's happened with him at Utd? I feel like there's got to be a serious player in there but how has he fallen from grace so hard? Fitness? Attitude? The system?

Happens with players at United, Maguire is a perfect example, England he's fantastic, man utd shirt worst defender in the league lol 

4 hours ago, Strike said:

The kid is seriously good. I think he can challenge Caicedo/Lavia if either slip up

Before this Forest move, Porto was looking at him. A good loan could skyrocket his value too

I just don't get why the club would choose Forest as his loan destination...surely a deal in Portugal would have made more sense considering South American kids tend to do well over there. 

Can someone explain the loan rules? As I understand the rules we can loan out 7 players. Players who are u21 AND club trained do not count. 

So currently we have - Fofana, Angelo, Slonina, Kepa and Ziyech. Lukaku is on the brink of taking spot number 6. And I guess we will need number 7 for Washington. 

Do senior players within the federation (Prem and Championship) count? And as I understand it we cant loan out Sarr or any other senior player to Strasbourg other than Washington.

16 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

He doesn't really have a position at United.  Feel like he was meant to be a winger/forward but now they got Ten Hag's favourite Brazilian for 100 million and there's no way he's going to displace Rashford on the left.   Even watching a bit of them in pre-season, he was playing in more of a free #10 role for them, getting into decent positions.