Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

9 hours ago, Pizy said:

The only concern about the Kudus possibility is that Ajax have seemingly raised the price considerably as the window has gone on. I remember in the beginning of the summer there was talk about under £30m or something. Now they’re rejecting bids of over £40m from West Ham I think? So that means when Chelsea get involved we’ll probably get quoted £55m or something. 

I think they’ve accepted like £35m upfront plus £2-3 mil add ons.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Kudus close to WH says Ornstein. Scratch another off the list.

Wonder what the club saw with him that made us back away? Remember a month ago when Ornstein broke the news that we were very close to signing him and then things just went silent. You’d have to imagine that had we made it known that we really wanted him he’d have been a Chelsea player long ago. So something made us back away.

Kind of annoying if we end up buying someone who isn’t as good.

Apparently his entourage are such disgusting scum that every club until West Ham have walked away. 

West Ham are really close to complete Mohammed Kudus deal with Ajax after sending new formal bid tonight 🚨⚒️🇬🇭 #WHUFC

Final details being discussed but West Ham feel 90% of deal is completed — same also on player side.

New bid close to €45m package with sell-on clause. https://t.co/kB3vUAOIu6
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano)
Aug 23, 2023

Barcola and Kudus won’t do anything to make us any better for us this season and arguably the next 2 or 3 seasons - why do people want them so badly? 😂 Plus Barcola apparently only wants PSG - so let them have him. He won’t play there regardless. 

Kudus - typical Ajax player, not a special talent like MdL or FdJ, wouldn’t be surprised if he struggles outside of their system to recreate the numbers he got last season.

Also the Dutch league, the standard is ridiculously bad - I don’t think this can be emphasised highly enough. I watched Rangers-PSV the other night and PSV, who finished second above Ajax last season, looked pretty poor. Was no real quality from both sides - incredibly scrappy game.

This makes me wonder about Noni and also the hard on folk had for signing that Sangare. He was pretty bad against Rangers - Scottish football is very easily dismissed but the Dutch league is also overrated too. It is a poor standard. Every team tries to play the same way because they are Dutch and this incredible the Dutch way is “total football”…. so when you put the likes of Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord against teams with a fraction of the budget who try to play the same way, what do folk expect?

Edited by OneMoSalah

6 hours ago, SomethingSomething said:

Spending 1 billion, we could have a 100m world class player for almost every position and we look like a midtable team atm. 

Im all for long term progress, but the money spent doesnt bring optimism we are prepared for long term development by the board. Unless Im mistaken we have the worst spending in history. Psg at least bought stars, attractive football. City dominated league, Real won number of CLs. 

We spend more than any of those and just look at our starting 11 and the bench. Probs worth around 200m total in reality. 

Either boehly and co have a master plan that no one sees or this is the worst football project in history that will make Chelsea next ac milan or worse. And I dont realy believe someone from usa who is in football for the first time has a master plan that none of actual football gurus sees. 

If we miss another CL next year, that will be catastrophic for our club.

10 world class players sound good in theory.
But first, which absolute world class player would even be willing to join us? Not too many.  then some including our board also thought Koukibaly and Sterling were world class before they joined us. So signing world class rep is not a sure fire thing . 
Second genuine world class players would demand double or triple the wages we pay Caicedo, Lavia etc. our wage bill would explode and unlike PSG we can not cook the book with some state owned sponsor . We would get in trouble with PL FFP. 
Boehly doesn’t mind amortising big fees over 5 years. Even combined with wages that is still less than 1bn for 10 Sterling like earners on 300k+ pw. 
Instead we got like 20+ players.

Boehly or whoever is in charge is a bit of a betting man it seems. Handing out those massive contracts to potentially wc players means if we indeed strike gold we have some serious asset on our hands. But young players also only choose us bc we do hand out those long deals. As soon as they sign those, they know their family is set for generations. 

At some point all those 21 yo will probably down tools. Many modern footballers lack sporting ambition and just care about the money or their brand. Can easily see Lavia, Fofana, Cucu etc basically just blackmailing the club by doing the bare minimum waiting for their contracts to be paid out.
Once you sign a deal that pays you 50m over 8 years just to show up for training on time and run after a ball for the cameras twice per week, motivation quickly plummets for this generations half assed players. After one more disappointing season we might very well be stuck with a group of unfit quiet quitters who long mentally checked out from caring about their career, the club or its fans. 

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Barcola and Kudus won’t do anything to make us any better for us this season and arguably the next 2 or 3 seasons - why do people want them so badly? 😂 Plus Barcola apparently only wants PSG - so let them have him. He won’t play there regardless. 

Kudus - typical Ajax player, not a special talent like MdL or FdJ, wouldn’t be surprised if he struggles outside of their system to recreate the numbers he got last season.

Also the Dutch league, the standard is ridiculously bad - I don’t think this can be emphasised highly enough. I watched Rangers-PSV the other night and PSV, who finished second above Ajax last season, looked pretty poor. Was no real quality from both sides - incredibly scrappy game.

This makes me wonder about Noni and also the hard on folk had for signing that Sangare. He was pretty bad against Rangers - Scottish football is very easily dismissed but the Dutch league is also one of the most overrated too. It is a poor standard. Every team tries to play the same way because they are Dutch and try to play “total football”…. so when you put the likes of Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord against teams with a fraction of the budget who try to play the same way, what do folk expect? 

I don’t exactly want either “badly,” but I do think Kudus would’ve done well for us. Barcola I have no idea because I haven’t watched him.

Cherki is probably the only attacking player left that we’ve been linked with that I badly want. But we aren’t even linked with him by anyone noteworthy anymore. Think he would help us massively in unlocking defenses. But he still wouldn’t really help us in the goal scoring department.

I fear we’re going to end up massively overpaying for Balogun or panicking at the deadline and accepting that dogshit Lukaku + cash deal for a Vlahovic.

34 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

This makes me wonder about Noni and also the hard on folk had for signing that Sangare. He was pretty bad against Rangers - Scottish football is very easily dismissed but the Dutch league is also overrated too. It is a poor standard. Every team tries to play the same way because they are Dutch and this incredible the Dutch way is “total football”…. so when you put the likes of Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord against teams with a fraction of the budget who try to play the same way, what do folk expect?

you are out over your skis with Kudus

not saying he is a world beater, but he would deffo aid us NOW

Barcola may well end up a world class player or he may end up average

that is the gamble you take with young players

I would love to have either or both compared to some of the dross I have seen tossed out here in the past as players we should pounce on

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

you are out over your skis with Kudus

not saying he is a world beater, but he would deffo aid us NOW

Barcola may well end up a world class player or he may end up average

that is the gamble you take with young players

I would love to have either or both compared to some of the dross I have seen tossed out here in the past as players we should pounce on

I suppose we will see how Barcola does if he goes to PSG/stays where he is and Kudus if he goes to WHU.

Really don’t fancy either making a huge impact this season to the point where we would be wishing we had signed them. I mean Dutch league attackers are a huge risk full stop because the quality of the Dutch league is bad, guys like Ziyech, Bergjwin and even on a lesser scale el Ghazi didn’t particularly do well up the PL. Neither did Depay years ago - took a move to France for him to kick on. Cody Gapko (would say he’s got more tools to be a pretty good player) and Antony (one trick pony still) may come good yet but nobody can tell me either are totally convincing either. All been good in Holland but hard to use that as a reason as to why we should sign them. Dusan Tadic outstanding in Holland (second time round) but only had 1 good season in the PL when he went there then faded away until he went there. He was available on a free and has ridiculous stats for Ajax but was no links or shouting about him… 

Has to be the right player yes but no more gambling on could turn into a good player, we really need to be smart and get a few guys who are already a good, established players that fit the direction we are going. Yes they are harder to find but what is the point in this “world class footballing department” Boehly has instilled if they cannot find a few guys who can contribute hugely right now and bridge what provide what we need to these younger guys push on? 

Edited by OneMoSalah