Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

Wonder if us buying this young Brazilian striker and sending him to Strasbourg means that we’ve moved for him instead of Elye Wahi who was supposedly going there.

Could be that Angelo is sticking around the first team

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

As if Palace will accept that for their best remaining player…

Why are we even bidding for a seriously injured player anyways, man. Someone who we may not see for months and even then he’ll need another long road to maybe regain his former level.

There’s a release clause anyway - 35mil

1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

Oh great let's watch City, United, and Arsenal collect the silverware AND assume they are also not a powerhouse by then. man... 🙄

City was going to collect silverware anyway.   They already have Dias, Laporte, Ake, Stones and then they go and get one of the best young defenders in world football...

Not to mention they have the alien upfront. 

5 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

City was going to collect silverware anyway.   They already have Dias, Laporte, Ake, Stones and then they go and get one of the best young defenders in world football...

Not to mention they have the alien upfront. 

I disagree the players you listed is the reason they have a competitive advantage.

I also think it's VERY wrong to assume young players can develop without support of more senior players. They have to be competitive from the get go.

The last thing you want in 3-4 years is a bunch of players who are used to lose. If they don't jump ship much earlier than that. The better one, the competitive types won't be sitting around waiting for competitive teammates to arrive.

Edited by robsblubot

1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

I disagree the players you listed is the reason they have a competitive advantage.

I also think it's VERY wrong to assume young players can develop without support of more senior players. They have to be competitive from the get go.

The least you want in 3-4 years is a bunch of players who are use to lose. If they don't jump ship much earlier than that.

I agree but by the sounds of last season and all the rumors going around, it was the senior players kicking up a fuss and not really putting in the effort required on the pitch (other than Thiago Silva). 

Senior players are important but you also need the right senior players in the team that lead from the front.   We really do miss guys like JT, Lamps in the side. 

5 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

The last thing you want in 3-4 years is a bunch of players who are used to lose. If they don't jump ship much earlier than that. The better one, the competitive types won't be sitting around waiting for competitive teammates to arrive.

I'm not against any of the youth signings we've made this window. There's a lot of merit in acquiring so much nascent talent (especially when Fifa & Uefa are still allowing it), especially as an investment., which can pay off one way or the other in the future.

But yes, I agree it's naive to think that an entirely young squad is going to go places without quality experienced players to back them up.

You only need to look at Wenger's Arsenal over the years. A factory of very talented youth players who went on to achieve plenty of glory after departing Arsenal 

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I agree but by the sounds of last season and all the rumors going around, it was the senior players kicking up a fuss and not really putting in the effort required on the pitch (other than Thiago Silva). 

Senior players are important but you also need the right senior players in the team that lead from the front.   We really do miss guys like JT, Lamps in the side. 

Well that was my concern earlier when we are selling everybody. One can assume it's just the way they are, but I think what I talked about earlier is exactly what happened to them. They felt frustrated at the club and left. It's hard to say it's more about them vs us, but the club sale and the newbie football club owners kinda suggest the "us" part has played a part.
We know it's hard to find and attract leaders who can really make a difference on the pitch, but that's why they make the big bucks. I look at City and for every Foden, there is a Gundogan. That's the right balance.

58 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

I'm not against any of the youth signings we've made this window. There's a lot of merit in acquiring so much nascent talent (especially when Fifa & Uefa are still allowing it), especially as an investment., which can pay off one way or the other in the future.

But yes, I agree it's naive to think that an entirely young squad is going to go places without quality experienced players to back them up.

You only need to look at Wenger's Arsenal over the years. A factory of very talented youth players who went on to achieve plenty of glory after departing Arsenal 

Yeah me neither; I'm usually the one saying that you cannot attract a star because the star player is already done for playing for a big club. On the other hand there is a case of too much of a good thing.

Good point on Arsenal too; that's exactly what I'm afraid of.

Edited by robsblubot

Best teen Brasilian players  still available

In order of valuation

RW Estevão Willian    Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras (16yo)
CF Matheus Nascimento    Botafogo de Futebol e Regatas   
AMF Matheus França    CR Flamengo   
CB Robert Renan    Zenit St. Petersburg    
AMF Luis Guilherme    Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras     
LW   Pedro    Sport Club Corinthians Paulista    
CB  Lucas Beraldo    São Paulo Futebol Clube   
RW Sávio    Girona FC  (on loan from Troyes) 
CF Deivid Washington      Santos FC   
DMF Alexsander    Fluminense Football Club
RW Biro    Sport Club Corinthians Paulista  
CMF Marlon Gomes   Clube de Regatas Vasco da Gama 
RB Vinícius Tobias    Real Madrid Castilla (on loan from Shakhtar Donetsk)   
CMF Victor Hugo    CR Flamengo  
CMF Rodriguinho    São Paulo Futebol Clube    
RB Wesley      CR Flamengo     
CF Giovane    Sport Club Corinthians Paulista      
LW Wesley      Sport Club Corinthians Paulista U20     
RW Rayan Vitor    Club de Regatas Vasco da Gama U20      
DMF Gabriel Moscardo    Sport Club Corinthians Paulista

GK Mycael    Club Athletico Paranaense      
LB Thauan Lara    Sport Club Internacional         
LW Erick Marcus    Clube de Regatas Vasco da Gama     
LW Caio    São Paulo FC U20
RW Adyson    América Futebol Clube (MG) 
CB Jean Pedroso    Coritiba Foot Ball Club  
CF Kauã Elias    Fluminense Football Club U20  

CMF Bernardo Valim       Botafogo Rio de Janeiro U20

Edited by Vesper

2 hours ago, robsblubot said:

BTW, speaking of young players, ☝️ this one looks really promising!
Lots of pace, quick feet, and not afraid to make plays. Yes, he's still a bit raw, so the loan might do him good. 

I just hope he gets enough game time at Palace.

3 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I just hope he gets enough game time at Palace.

shame he is a not a RB

they only have 3 full backs on their entire roster

571a9aeb6c2f158838d8ad6ec8ebb704.png

and although they have a very good LB in Mitchell,

their RBs are dogshit

maybe they play him as an inverted RB