Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

4 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Last season was worse. The worst Ive seen since 1993

2016 wasnt sooo far off tho, only 1 win more than last season, 6 points in total. It was close lol

If u bear in mind that we were champion the year before and were relatively settled (same team, same coach), its a bigger bottle job. 

Edited by Gundalf

2 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

I strongly disagree last season we literally had our club sold and we’re in complete disarray - 15/16 we had an established team that shouldn’t have finished anywhere near 10. That was by far our worst season I’ve watched since I was a kid. 

I have a wider perspective (through age), there have been worse seasons

6 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yes we have been shit a few times. For proper context try 80s, 70s

Sure but I think its hard to compare pre and post Roman takeover.

Edited by Gundalf

22 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Sure but I think its hard to compare pre and post Roman takeover.

That 2015 debarcle was Eva Caneiro soap opera, too reliant on Hazard, Mourinho revealing he is bipolar and upsetting people, big players going awol Terry, Iva, Matic, Hazard, Costa downing tools. A rebellion by the employees. Not a lot you can do about that. 

Last season was pure incompetent mismanagement from the top.

18 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

I strongly disagree last season we literally had our club sold and we’re in complete disarray - 15/16 we had an established team that shouldn’t have finished anywhere near 10. That was by far our worst season I’ve watched since I was a kid. 

the British government forced our owner to sell. Froze our accounts and we had to panic to try and get players in before the start of the season.

hmm aren't you saying that last season *was indeed the worst* but there were reasons for that? And that 15/16 was maybe almost as bad, but you think it was worse because there was no reason for it.
That's how I read what you wrote anyway.

I think we all know and understand why last season was so bad. Some of us think a different owner, one a little more knowledgeable of footy might have helped things, but it is what it is.

The fact remains that last season being such a write-off makes assessments very difficult. It's much much worse because 1) the amount of changes in the squad and 2) the overly young squad esp for PL (never seen it actually work).

So for me this is the season we will find out which players will make the cut or not. The notion that all of them will turn into world beaters is fantasy imo.

Look at what Poch said about Jackson, for ex. He praised his skill, but at the same time cautioned about his physique and the demands of PL.

Edited by robsblubot

i'm not sure we have such a weak squad compared to the rest fighting for top4, ignoring city 

the defense is good, the starting midfield, if caicedo is signed, is cool... in attack nkunku is a good player and jackson has started well 

there are doubts about mudryk, sterling.

if kudos is signed, things might go well

the problem is fofana's injury and the goalkeeper position

there are some unknowns, but since we don't have European competitions, there is not so much need to rotate the team.

we need to avoid injuries, but I think we have the team to fight for the top 4.

then, looking at names is always relative and we were proof of that last year. 

33 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I have a wider perspective (through age), there have been worse seasons

Oh I’m aware of worse seasons - I’m not as young as I may have lead on. I just mean I’ve been in the premier league era only 93 could be classified as worse that 15/16 for all we had achieved. We literally won the league in 14/15. Same players and I remember the term rats being thrown around a lot.

9 minutes ago, whats happening said:

they were unaware of his attitude before all of this?

also i still dont get it why we need kudus or any other attacking midfielder.

Dont think so, but if u have a few players on your list u have to choose one and this attribute is maybe the decisive one to rule him out.

We need Kudus bc the only backup for Nkunku as nr 10 is Gallagher or Chuwku (who will go on loan?). Im not sure we want that. 

Edited by Gundalf

1 hour ago, Vegetable said:

I think the thing with Enzo is that people jumped on some crazy hypetrain of him and are circling the earth about third time now. He surely has very desirable skillset and big talent, but to my naked eye he performed just a bit better than most of the team, yet people were justifying his pricetag with his supposed bossing the league and ending our troubles since day 1. This deffo didn't happen. Then some people just went radio silence and some claimed he will shine when the team will be adjusted for him. Fair point, but I doubt we actually did build a team around him this window. So jury is still out on him for me. He is quality player, but is he the promised elite quality, we will see. 

He was the top end percentile for pretty much every relevant metric.

Under Potter/Bruno he averaged 11 succesful switch/long passes per game which is prime Pirlo level good.