Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Because it is becoming more and more evident that it’s Caicedo as our only real target for that area and we’re only going to switch to someone else in a panic near the end of the window. 

No other explanation other than that because there are 4-5 MUCH easier deals that we could’ve had wrapped up weeks ago. Poch/the club must rate Caicedo far higher than any of the alternatives.

and you think the club will buy only one midfielr and that's it?

If we don't will have any issues about injuries, I think its enough 

16 minutes ago, Pizy said:

No other explanation other than that because there are 4-5 MUCH easier deals that we could’ve had wrapped up weeks ago. Poch/the club must rate Caicedo far higher than any of the alternatives.

And as frustrating as it is, I like that approach. Target the player u really believe in and dont buy people just for the sake of buying because they are cheapaer and getting numbers in. Because this approach got us the likes of Drinkwater or Bakayoko. 

I think we underestimated how bitchy these Brighton cunts are tho. 

But I would rather have Caicedo on deadline day than someone else now. 

Edited by Gundalf

4 minutes ago, Mário César said:

and you think the club will buy only one midfielr and that's it?

If we don't will have any issues about injuries, I think its enough 

Poch said 1 or 2, depending on our youngsters. 

Guess as long as Caicedo is training well and being professional they’re content to ride til deadline day and see if we come with a bigger offer, gives them time & a strong negotiating position both in terms of selling him and buying his replacement.

Wonder if the club is genuinely looking at Maatsen, Cucurella, Reese and Colwill and saying actually a lot of these guys can play in midfield with Enzo and Santos and we shouldn’t feel the pressure at all? Meanwhile Poch has clear public stance we need at least one senior player for midfield…

Edited by Mhsc

2 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Guess as long as Caicedo is training well and being professional they’re content to ride til deadline day and see if we come with a bigger offer, gives them time & a strong negotiating position both in terms of selling him and buying his replacement.

Wonder if the club is genuinely looking at Maatsen, Cucurella, Rice and Colwill and saying actually a lot of these guys can play in midfield with Enzo and Santos and we shouldn’t feel the pressure at all? Meanwhile Poch has clear public stance we need at least one senior player for midfield…

I wonder what Brighton is doing atm tho. Are they actively looking for a replacement? And if so, any news on that would weaken their position. Or do they have players in their squad already that could replace Caicedo? This would strengthen their position, they would try to drag it to DD just for the sake of it.

Edited by Gundalf

20 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

And as frustrating as it is, I like that approach. Target the player u really believe in and dont buy people just for the sake of buying because they are cheapaer and getting numbers in. Because this approach got us the likes of Drinkwater or Bakayoko. 

I think we underestimated how bitchy these Brighton cunts are tho. 

But I would rather have Caicedo on deadline day than someone else now. 

Fine if we aren’t settling for someone we don’t rate as highly, but if Caicedo is our man and our #1 target by far why have we not put a massive offer on the table that Brighton could accept? Everyone and their mother knows £70m wasn’t going to do it. 

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Fine if we aren’t settling for someone we don’t rate as highly, but if Caicedo is our man and our #1 target by far why have we not put a massive offer on the table that Brighton could accept? Everyone and their mother knows £70m wasn’t going to do it. 

Maybe we ran out of money and need to sell Gallagher first 😂

I mean...we are still on minus 400m since last year....

The lack of noise around incomings is becoming slightly alarming. 

This squad isn't strong enough to finish in the top 4 without a few more additions in my opinion.

The only way this squad will finish top4 without any more incomings is if everything goes perfectly in terms of form and no juries ect. 

It's alot to bank on.

image.png.596ce86fe575d0c3b5b1881126da9919.png

Pretty similar. Ig that swap is favoured for financial reasons only. Selling Chalobah would be pure profit whereas we could spread Guehis fee over his contract. We desperately need some pure profit it seems 😂

Edited by Gundalf

Just now, Gundalf said:

And in 2 years, Guehi sucks, and Chalobah did great at Inter and we wanna swap them back again. 

Can only base it on what I am seeing. I am paying attention to ACM with all of our former players there. Guehi is solid AF and seems to be the leader on that line. Chalobah is good but has panic moments every game and goes to ground much to early and gets caught taking bad lines. Chalobah has better height, but I don’t see it coming into play often. Guehi has become the better option by quite a bit. Currently, hard to see Chalobah getting much better.

3 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

And in 2 years, Guehi sucks, and Chalobah did great at Inter and we wanna swap them back again. 

Exactly. They are both roughly the same quality . Should cost roughly the same but bc the one is being sold by us he is 25m and the other is being sought after us 45m. Same thing as buying Lukaku for 100m and giving him away for 40m. if we really pull this off we will be the laughing stock of the league. Money burning machine. Thought we had turned a corner but this is the same degree of stupidity as last summer window again. 

57 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Because this dumb tactic contributed to us being in position we are now and every smart person was signaling it previous window. We already have Chelsea premium on top of every player's pricetag, but just dumping twice the cash those players are worth leads to "yo, those clowns paid 60 million for some totally mediocre player, so we'll start negotiations for remotely decent one from 100 million minimum" thinking. We are the ones destroying market for ourselves. And 70 million is pretty much max what Caicedo is worth.     

That's exactly what club did with KK and there was no end to the moaning until he was gone.

Edited by Vegetable

6 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Watching us sell a player and after buy the same player back a couple years after makes me so angry, not even the first time we do this shit. 

9 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Exactly. They are both roughly the same quality . Should cost roughly the same but bc the one is being sold by us he is 25m and the other is being sought after us 45m. Same thing as buying Lukaku for 100m and giving him away for 40m. if we really pull this off we will be the laughing stock of the league. Money burning machine. Thought we had turned a corner but this is the same degree of stupidity as last summer window again. 

It's hilarious that both our fans and rivals act like it's only a thing exclusive to us (which doesn't even happen as often as people make out anyway). It's reasonably common amongst Europe's biggest clubs.

Anyway even so, this is a different situation to a norm as there's not a single person involved in the decision to sell him that will also be involved in the decision to buy him back (if it happens).

16 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Because this dumb tactic contributed to us being in position we are now and every smart person was signaling it previous window. We already have Chelsea premium on top of every player's pricetag, but just dumping twice the cash those players are worth leads to "yo, those clowns paid 60 million for some totally mediocre player, so we'll start negotiations for remotely decent one from 100 million minimum" thinking. We are the ones destroying market for ourselves. And 70 million is pretty much max what Caicedo is worth.     

That's exactly what club did with KK and there was no end to the moaning until he was gone.

In Caicedo’s case we clearly rate him extremely highly. Feels a lot like the Enzo pursuit in that we’re totally determined to get him and only him. So if that’s the case why scared of a big fee when just months ago we “paid whatever it took” for Enzo?