Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Pulisic whining about game time as soon as he's out of the door.

Does someone want to break it to him who is competition for LW is at Milan?

Someone should remind him he could've cost us the Champions League final as well when he showed upset Tuchel benched him against Madrid. 

8 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Someone should remind him he could've cost us the Champions League final as well when he showed upset Tuchel benched him against Madrid. 

Without Pulisic we would not even play CL that season we won. He's the main reason for top4 with Giroud. Also played major part in both semis against Madrid. I'm grateful for his time here. 

And speaking of Milan he will start as RW easily. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

14 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Pulisic whining about game time as soon as he's out of the door.

Does someone want to break it to him who is competition for LW is at Milan?

My guess is that he isn’t going to play on the left for them. He’s probably competition for the #10 area. Because as you suggest, he ain’t starting over Leáo. And he wouldn’t hop from our bench to another club without being assured that he’ll be a key starter.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

My guess is that he isn’t going to play on the left for them. He’s probably competition for the #10 area. Because as you suggest, he ain’t starting over Leáo. And he wouldn’t hop from our bench to another club without being assured that he’ll be a key starter.

Maybe but he's even worse in any other position so my guess is he's dropped by Milan by Christmas.

25 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Without Pulisic we would not even play CL that season we won. He's the main reason for top4 with Giroud. Also played major part in both semis against Madrid. I'm grateful for his time here. 

And speaking of Milan he will start as RW easily. 

I don't have any ill feelings towards him. Or Ziyech for that matter who I believe is unfairly criticised by some. 

It's only Mount really. 

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

True, but they’ve been actively working on the Rice deal for weeks whilst also negotiating with us for Havertz and with Ajax for Timber. Our other business meanwhile feels like it’s being held up by this Caicedo deal and we can’t do anything else until it’s resolved. 

I dont think that anything is being held up by the Caicedo negotiations, I think Caicedo is the only definite target at the moment and that all other options and targets will get assessed after preseason, after Poch had a good look on the players. I dont expect us to sign anyone in the next 3-4 weeks except Caicedo. 

Lets not forget we already have made 3 signings for next season (Nkunku, Melo, Jackson) 

Edited by Gundalf

Romano in year 2048…………….:

🚨 Talks between Chelsea and Brighton are moving in to final discussions. Small details about payment structures before ”Here we go” 🤝 . Caicedo only wants Chelsea and personal contract agreed since february 2023. 📝

But seriously wtf is going on? 

Edited by Costa19

There's no way all of this time passing is because of "negotiations", such things would surely be a few meetings over a few days max. Surely either we or them are playing it slow because either they are waiting to sort a replacement, or waiting for more suitors to appear, or we are slow playing it because we are waiting to offload some more, or we're trying to give Poch time to look at Santos? I just don't understand how else it makes sense because there is no way these guys are sitting in a room 9-5 for 4 weeks haggling over a thousand ways to potentially organise payment structure over a deal.

Edited by Mhsc

I think in that league Pulisic will be more closer to how he plays for the USMNT. He really goes beast mode against CONCACAF teams. It is a slow pace, slower buildup, which allows him to use his acceleration. He is 24, he has a lot left in the tank. He plays the 10 spot for the national team most of the time but will also move to the wing and false nine depending on game adjustments. 

7 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I think in that league Pulisic will be more closer to how he plays for the USMNT. He really goes beast mode against CONCACAF teams. It is a slow pace, slower buildup, which allows him to use his acceleration. He is 24, he has a lot left in the tank. He plays the 10 spot for the national team most of the time but will also move to the wing and false nine depending on game adjustments. 

Players like Pulisic and Ziyech would have their statues erected in many countries.
But premier pace is a different thing.
These days only three or four teams in the world stand a chance against premiership clubs - with the understandable exception of Spurs.
I hope we sign Caicedu and Neymar.