Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

12 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

What we need is a top quality keeper near 30 years old who we can have around for minimum  2 years to maximum 5 years to see how Slonina develops. Valencia keeper would be great but he’s only 4 years older than Gaga who is supposed to be our future.

but at £21.5m, Mamardashvili is an absolute steal

12 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Osimhen. Not only is he the perfect fit, but he would actually love to play for the club and follow in his idol's footsteps (Drogba).

There's no point going on about price at this point when Mbappe will probably end up costing two or three times more when all is said and done. However, if the club really think Vlahovic is the solution, I'll be disappointed.

the poison dwarf says €180m or no deal

and he is a fucking cunt to deal with

like I said I think PSG get Osimhen after they sell Mbappe

unless they do a Vini Jr (plus maybe some cash) for Mbappe swapperoo

and even then, PSG may well go for Osimhen, at which point we should make a hard play for the superb LB Nuno Mendes (to help them raise cash for the buy) and sell CuCu to the Saudis

Edited by Vesper

12 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

I also rate Kolo Mauni because he scores but also assists a lot and having a pairing of him with Nkunku could yield a devastating partnership.

has Eintracht come down from the €100m demand for Kolo?

same price as Atalanta is (or was) crazily demanding for Rasmus Højlund

12 hours ago, Mário César said:

we are hiring a lot of youngsters but not young central defenders. 

we have two options at worst:

(a) renew him for just one year and thus leave the club stronger on a possible sale and stay at least one more year with him to see how it goes. 

if things don't go well, he can be sold and we get a strong amount for him

b) not renew and bet on him even with only two years of contract.
if it goes wrong, we'll sell him next year.

Colwill's currently under contract till 2025 and there is said to be a clause in his deal with an automatic one year extension if he plays 15 PL games for the club. If he stays then surely that clause will be triggered this season already so even if he doesn't sign a new deal with a big pay increase his deal will still be extended by one more year.

Having him tied up till 2026 would mean the club are in a strong negotiation position even next year if a sale were to be a topic of discussion. A good season for us and two years left on the contract we could easily demand £80M+ if someone wanted to snap him up and/or the player himself demanded to go.

Under no circumstance should he be sold this year, unless he specifically demands it. 

10 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

But the thing is Clearlake & Co. have a lot to make up for after last season.

Behdad Eghbali stepped in late and big daddied the Boehly shenanigans, after talking to the old head billionaire Hansjörg Wyss and also the other Clearlake big boy, José Feliciano.

Eghbali and Feliciano are no jokes. They co-founded Clearlake with another young quant, Steven Chang, and when Chang was getting too big for his britches they forced him out. He went on to found a much smaller (compared to the massive Clearlake) investment firm, Allomer Capital Group.

9 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

We're possibly talking about the best academy player we've had since Reece/Mason made the breakthrough to first team football

If we can't give Colwill meaningful minutes this season then is there a point in having an academy?     

100 per cent agree

9 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

The ones that tend to struggle are the attacking midfielders who don't really have a clear position

KdB

Fucking Mou tried to force him to be a winger

693e2c4f342bc9a09639126d1af55cba.pngda846add2be0f1d7dab4d6b74b5f6f8a.png4d9b463466ba2e0b549aa94f9173905a.png

and now, 9 and a half years after he was properly switched to AMF, the very next year and a half at VfL Wolfsburg:

𝐄𝐑 on Twitter: "We finally have our De Bruyne Champions League trophy  pictures Tears in my eyes man https://t.co/KCfbtGCHpU" / Twitter

Tbh the idea of swapping Lukaku for Vlahovic with a bit of money going to Juve (circa £25m) is still very attractive to me, if they'd go for it. Have some doubts about him based on his season but his output in his bad season is more or less identical with Lukaku's output, and he's only 23. It would be a good deal for all parties in some way.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

and Trevoh may be sold if the right offer comes in

in which case we DEFFO need a right footed CB

plus this is probably Thiago's last season with us (inless he does stay until he turns 40, like he said a while back, to equal Maldini playing at 40)

Ronald Araújo (pipe dream, but hey, wth, lol)
António Silva
Giorgio Scalvini (probably the next great Italian CB)
Bremer 
Robin Le Normand
José María Giménez (last season on my list, he turns 30 in the middle of the next season after this one, plus is/was often injured in his prime years)
Jean-Clair Todibo  
Mohamed Simakan  
Pierre Kalulu (might not be up to the physicality of the EPL)
Perr Schuurs   (Napoli want him to replace Kim Min-jae, who turned down Manure for Bayern yesterday, Klopp wants him too)
Nathan Collins  (best of the available HG CBs)
Nicolò Casale  (Sarri  has turned him into a beast at Lazio)
Ilya Zabarnyi (monitoring him at Bournemouth)
Malick Thiaw 
Taylor Harwood-Bellis (if Citeh sells him)
Anel Ahmedhodzic (the new top Swedish CB soon)
Merih Demiral 
Josip Sutalo    ( after Gvardiol, er haps the next great Croatian CB)
Leny Yoro  (17yo potential monster)

You can take Collins off the list, just recently moved to Brentford for 23 million. 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

KdB

Fucking Mou tried to force him to be a winger

693e2c4f342bc9a09639126d1af55cba.pngda846add2be0f1d7dab4d6b74b5f6f8a.png4d9b463466ba2e0b549aa94f9173905a.png

and now, 9 and a half years after he was properly switched to AMF, the very next year and a half at VfL Wolfsburg:

𝐄𝐑 on Twitter: "We finally have our De Bruyne Champions League trophy  pictures Tears in my eyes man https://t.co/KCfbtGCHpU" / Twitter

Yea, I remember that.  

Mourinho coming out and basically saying that KdB didn't really adapt to his training methods and then proceeding to strongly back Oscar over him (because Oscar did the dirty work/tracked back). 

It really is a shame that we sold KdB for peanuts to the Bundesliga without even giving him a chance to play in his natural position!

37 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Yea, I remember that.  

Mourinho coming out and basically saying that KdB didn't really adapt to his training methods and then proceeding to strongly back Oscar over him (because Oscar did the dirty work/tracked back). 

It really is a shame that we sold KdB for peanuts to the Bundesliga without even giving him a chance to play in his natural position!

A decision that has haunted us for many years and still will for many years to come. Terrible decision by Mourinho.

I thought colwill only had a contract until 2025 and didn't know about this 15 game rule for his contract extension.

so we have a very strong hold on the situation. 

i am reassured. 

About KDB and even about Salah, two mistakes that will always be etched in the club's history

But, the truth is, City's dominance is really because of Guardiola.

If Pep didn't go to City, they wouldn't have won as much as they did

And Guardiola, even if he didn't have KDB, would still win.

There was even a season that KDB played little due to injury and they were champions anyway. 

11 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Aubameyang, Firmino, Sane have all had success in the Premier League

The ones that tend to struggle are the attacking midfielders who don't really have a clear position in the premier league (e.g. Pulisic, Sancho, Havertz, Kagawa etc)

I'm talking about carrying on from where they left off after coming to the EPL. The latter two had a notable drop off, but I'll agree with Auba; he was a relatively consistent goalscorer for a large part of his time at Arsenal. 

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

8 more

Håland

De Bruyne

Firmino

Leroy Sane

Aubameyang

Ilkay Gundogan

Dimitar Berbatov (122 goals in 7 and a half seasons)

Ballack

Barcelona's Late Goal Leaves Chelsea Aggrieved - The New York Times

My comment was largely based on CF's inability to deliver similar numbers, which most have fallen foul of. Also, I was thinking more of the mid-2010s onward, considering a lot has changed.

3 hours ago, King Kante said:

The only players that agree to one year extensions are the likes of Baka, Batsh*t and Baba who know that the extra year gives them a bit more security with their current wage which they'll unlikely get elsewhere. 

Anyone who knows they can get a decent move and more money elsewhere isn't signing those. Or, you get a Mbappe situation where you throw money at them, then they don't play ball six-18 months down the line. 

Anyway, Levi has three years left atm. 

We have the option of an extra year if he plays a certain amount of games.

I Know there arent many but i'm one of those who would actually like to see Vlahovic coming here. I think he has alot more to offer than what he displayed in his last season at Juve. Just look at his clips of him playing at Fiorentina... the guy was an absolute beast. He's tailor made to play in the Prem and at last we would have a proper striker to play off in build up and play at against low block systems.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

the poison dwarf says €180m or no deal

and he is a fucking cunt to deal with

like I said I think PSG get Osimhen after they sell Mbappe

unless they do a Vini Jr (plus maybe some cash) for Mbappe swapperoo

and even then, PSG may well go for Osimhen, at which point we should make a hard play for the superb LB Nuno Mendes (to help them raise cash for the buy) and sell CuCu to the Saudis

Less is more when it comes to De Laurentiis. I have no idea how many players he has likely priced out of a move away for his own benefit.

It will be a sad sign if he ends back in Ligue 1. It's terrible to see players squander their prime years over there.