Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

21 hours ago, Mhsc said:

What a brutal squad clear out. Imagine if all the new lot flop and the ones we’ve sold bang. It’s not even crazy unlikely. 

we still need to bin 8

Christian Pulisic 

Hakim Ziyech (ffs, he needs to take that reduced salary from the Saudis and GTFO!)

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

plus bin these loanees

—    DF    Wales WAL    Ethan Ampadu (at Spezia until 30 June 2023)
—    DF    France FRA    Malang Sarr (at Monaco until 30 June 2023)
—    MF    England ENG    Tino Anjorin (at Huddersfield Town until 30 June 2023)
—    FW    England ENG    Callum Hudson-Odoi (at Bayer Leverkusen until 30 June 2023)
—   FW   Belgium BEL   Romelu Lukaku (at Inter Milan until 30 June 2023)

Edited by Vesper

16 minutes ago, lucio said:

The dogshit rice has skewed the midfield market. Price are beyond unreasonable 

do you think (I am not a big fan of conspiracy theories, but might as well lay this one out)

Is it possible that Arse agreed to overpay a bit because they could take the FFP hit and they figured it would fuck a lot of other EPL teams up by jacking up EPL to EPL transfer prices?

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

do you think (I am not a big fan of conspiracy theories, but might as well lay this one out)

Is it possible that Arse agreed to overpay a bit because they could take the FFP hit and they figured it would fuck a lot of other EPL teams up by jacking up EPL to EPL transfer prices?

It’s possible . This is consequence of taking forever to make our moves , the price is only going to go up not down, not sure why they are waiting to make bids 

21 hours ago, Special Juan said:

pure class

I wish him and his family all the best and I am sure he will be back with us in the future as a coach

19 hours ago, Pizy said:

One player that’s sure to leave who we haven’t heard a single bit about is Auba. It feels like he fell off the face of the earth. 

Chelsea turn down Aubameyang offer

Chelsea have turned down an offer from Galatasaray to sign striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

https://www.footiecentral.com/20230702/Chelsea-turn-down-aubameyang-offer/

The Turkish club wanted to take the 34 year old on a free transfer, but the London club want to recoup some of the £10.3 million that they spent on him last September.

Aubameyang was signed specifically at the request of Thomas Tuchel who was promply sacked, and he struggled for game time after that.

He managed just one Premier League goal for them in 15 appearances, and, in the latter part of the season, frequently did not even make the bench.

Aubameyang himself, has indicated that he would prefer a return to Barcelona, whilst, inevitably, given how many Chelsea players have ended up there, he has also been linked with a move in this window to Saudi Arabia.

Whatever happens, he seems certain to leave the club this summer because he is not in new manager Mauricio Pochettino’s plans.

Just wish there were some well connected journalists that could at least assure us that multiple plates are spinning simultaneously behind the scenes. That we’re actively speaking to clubs about transfers. Because right now it feels like we have our entire transfer team working on just Caicedo. And since that deal is dragging on and on we haven’t been doing other first team business.

I thought for sure that this would be the week we’d announce a big transfer so the club could move past the bad PR with Mount. But looks like another dead week.

18 hours ago, dimmas said:

Absolutely true.
Need to consider our current squad especially in midfield area is very young, i think we really should get atleast one experience midfielder.
And Barella would be brilliant signing

And what about cherky rumours? just seem very quiet recently.
some people said he is bit slow, but cherky reminds me a bit of gustavo payet, he didn't really fast either, but still capable of doing something great in pl, right.
If cherky could be our own payet, it will be very great.
We desperately need this kind of player in our attack. If not cherky, wirtz, bernando also still decent option

Imagine we could land barella, dybala, cherky, lavia and veiga
I think the squad will be very promising and exciting for the upcoming season, even without marquee signing like caicedo

Gus Poyet was proven WC AMF

Rayan Cherki has a huge way to go to get to that level

Poyet Honours

Real Zaragoza

Copa del Rey: 1993–94
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1994–95

Chelsea

FA Cup: 1999–2000
FA Charity Shield: 2000
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1997–98
UEFA Super Cup: 1998 (Defeated Real Madrid, one of only 2 euro finals they have lost in the last 40 years (since 1983), the other was the 2000 Super Cup, when Galatasaray beat them 2 - 1 on a 102nd minute golden goal by Mário Jardel)

Uruguay

Copa América: 1995

18 hours ago, Artandur said:

Really worried that any rumours around Gallagher have died down. We need to get rid and take what we can get now, his value will only diminish

I am in doubt we sell him now unless some team comes in with a £40-50m bid

42 minutes ago, Vesper said:

So far there hasn't really been any jacking up of transfer fees between PL clubs.   Even Spurs got their attacking mid from Leicester for a reasonable fee. 

Looks like we might be the ones suffering for not putting in a Caicedo bid earlier.   Brighton know full well that we are desperate and they're going to ask for 90+ million for Caicedo.   

If we are serious about this transfer window, we should just put in a final bid for Caicedo in the 80 million range and if Brighton reject it, we move on.  

50 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

The Saudi's have reduced what they were going to pay Ziyech and deal still on the table-Old glass knees needs to make up his mind

They haven't even reduced it apparently, just built in clauses that would reduce it in case of longer injury. If he's so confident his knee is fine, then just take the fucking deal

17 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

All we need is a CM and GK and we are fine. 

is that counting Caicedo (so a 2nd MF buy after/before Caicedo)?

A second MFer who is an CMF/AMF hybrid (like Gabri Veiga) would be ideal OR do we going for a true DMF?

we potenual have other issues as well, depending on sales, etc

CB

LB (least likely)

RW

and, potentially (many on the board want one) a proven CF

17 hours ago, Pizy said:

If we put a bid in for Cherki for example or Wirtz, they may think it’s an opportunity they can’t pass up and ask their clubs to make it happen.

I don't really want either one

Wirtz is damaged goods atm and there are better options out there than Cherki