Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

On 15/06/2023 at 23:30, robsblubot said:

I hardly think Mbappe would've been half as good, had his family moved to the USA for example. Maybe a basketball, or am football player, but never a footballer.

Imagine what a football power the US would be if post WWII they have went full association football culture instead of their best athletes (best on the planet in many cases, and they also have SO many superb athletes in sheer numbers as they simply have a massive population to draw from, 335 million and growing) being pulled into basketball and yank football

792e6e9d64f10d630a4fd58acc49e8e1.png

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Imagine what a football power the US would be if post WWII they have went full association football culture instead of their best athletes (best on the planet in many cases, and they also have SO many superb athletes in sheer numbers as they simply have a massive population to draw from, 335 million and growing) being pulled into basketball and yank football

792e6e9d64f10d630a4fd58acc49e8e1.png

Yup that point is made in the book soccernomics. Unfortunately, or not, USA is a terrible place for footballers to develop.

Like the point I made before, you are too hard on Pulisic... he's literally a miracle. 😅

1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

Yup that point is made in the book soccernomics. Unfortunately, or not, USA is a terrible place for footballers to develop.

Like the point I made before, you are too hard on Pulisic... he's literally a miracle. 😅

great players can come from shit footballing countries

look at Håland and Martin Ødegaard from Norway

f97664108086f50d3e30baca938c294d.png

or Alphonso Davies (mini slump aside) or Jonathan David (who we hopefully are doing a deep dive on for CF) from Canada

fa09304c253374bccf13bbe7558446d7.png

or Khvicha Kvaratskhelia  and perhaps Giorgi Mamardashvili from Georgia

4982cf4ae41b43195f0961b552597061.png

USA and China would be clear, china seems to prefer random olympic sports. 

They say onana (everton DM) is available for 55m, because everton really need to raise funds. better deal potentially than rice or caicedo. You could get onana and lavia combined for the same as rice. 

if you look at peak Poch at Spurs they had a midfield triumvirate of Dembele Wanyama and Eriksen.  We need that strength to support the creativity of Enzo. Onana seems the best, 6ft 5 and super strong, nice on the ball too

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

great players can come from shit footballing countries

look at Håland and Martin Ødegaard from Norway

f97664108086f50d3e30baca938c294d.png

or Alphonso Davies (mini slump aside) or Jonathan David (who we hopefully are doing a deep dive on for CF) from Canada

fa09304c253374bccf13bbe7558446d7.png

or Khvicha Kvaratskhelia  and perhaps Giorgi Mamardashvili from Georgia

4982cf4ae41b43195f0961b552597061.png

Sure, it happens, but it's not the norm. Ødegaard is hardly a world breaker tho -- good player and that's about it. Haaland is monster... doesn't not happen often.

Football is still strong in Norway despite the weakness of the national league.
I truly think Pulisic is the best US player ever and yet, not good enough for Chelsea or any top PL club--at least not as a starter.

not linked but very popular among Chelsea Twitter, intriguing player that is a combination high technical ability also does a lot on the defensive side. If our Enzo going to play the deepest midfielder he would need CMs alongside him. 

Just now, Vesper said:

Your profile says you are from Mexico

perhaps you should deal with the racism there against us black folk first rather than trying to dismiss bias out of hand

Memín Pinguín for instance:

Memín Penguin, Changing Racial Debates, and Transnational Blackness

1d7c249eb8852052095e0bcb88711b19.jpg

In Mexico, how erasing Black history fuels anti-Black racism

https://theconversation.com/in-mexico-how-erasing-black-history-fuels-anti-black-racism-175315

In early 2021, a Ghanaian migrant known as Faruku died in the northern Mexican city of Tijuana, near the Mexico-United States border, of an apparent stroke.

This was after being turned away from a hospital and later being asked to pay for an ambulance before it would assist him. A report from Refugees International notes that the circumstances “suggest medical racism” — negligence of care informed by racism.

Recent reports by other migrant rights and advocacy groups describe various instances of anti-Black racism as medical negligence in immigration detention centres in Tijuana and also in the southern town of Tapachula.

Faruku’s story has drawn attention to the plight of African and Haitian migrants in a state of limbo since 2019, when the U.S. first enforced laws forcing asylum-seekers trying to enter the country from Mexico to first await a Mexican court date.

It’s also drawn attention to anti-Black racism in Mexico, which is not only widespread, but a pillar of Mexicanness.

Long denial of Black history

Anti-Blackness includes the long denial of Black history in Mexico that affects the country’s more than 2.5 million Afro-Mexicans. According to 2015 figures, about two-thirds of the country’s population that self-identifies as Afro-Mexican also self-identifies as Indigenous.

Anti-Black racism in Mexico has been historically perpetuated by the legacies of slavery and the existence of a racist colonial-era racial caste system, and a modern nationalist myth that has associated true Mexicanness with being mestizaje. That means “mixed race,” a racial and cultural mix of Indigenous and Spaniard.

This ideology has romanticized a state-defined idea of Indigenity as anchoring authentic Mexican identity, even while the state enacted policies to assimilate and marginalize Indigenous Peoples.

snip

I am not from Mexico, i live there.

The racism card is thrown constantly, everywhere. I just expect some good arguments put forward if someone is going to imply that a player did not get a ballon d'or because of race. 

13 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

not linked but very popular among Chelsea Twitter, intriguing player that is a combination high technical ability also does a lot on the defensive side. If our Enzo going to play the deepest midfielder he would need CMs alongside him. 

Kone, Thuram, Le Fee and Caqueret will all be part of French midfield on EURO U21 that starts in a couple of days. Great chance to scout them all. 

6 minutes ago, Mário César said:

we need caicedo and another midfielder at least and I think we are ok

we need at least a goalkeeper and another centerforward

if we will not for onana, maybe we can buy diogo costa that is a very good goalkeeper

I don’t think GK is a priority at the moment, if there is any movement it would later in the transfer window after taking care priority signings and outgoing players.

11 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

I don’t think GK is a priority at the moment, if there is any movement it would later in the transfer window after taking care priority signings and outgoing players.

Only if Mendy can regain his form. I think Kepa is that much a liability that he alone can be the difference between CL or not.

1 hour ago, Simon1991 said:

I am not from Mexico, i live there.

The racism card is thrown constantly, everywhere. I just expect some good arguments put forward if someone is going to imply that a player did not get a ballon d'or because of race. 

I made my case already, zero mention of race

Samuel Eto'o

with a lot of evidence as to why

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

It's not Potter anymore it's Poch but clearly our owners continue with major plan which is long term success. Doesn't look like we are planing to be competitive in the next 2 seasons. Jackson, Broja, Fofana... No one is ready there and we don't have a striker. All other targets also young fellas. I'm just concerned how will our fans react when they see us struggling again. After all, because of fans we sacked Potter. 

Cannot make sense of Nicholas Jackson replacing Havertz who is our main ST option at the moment.