Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

18 minutes ago, Strike said:

Word of Chelsea talking to Inter all week and Newcastle are getting a quality midfielder

But jokes aside, if thats really true and he is really for sale, it makes me wonder why no other, bigger clubs are going in for him. A lot of clubs are looking for midfielders atm. 

Barca is looking for midfielders, PSG is looking for midfielders, Bayern, Liverpool, Arsenal, even United. But none of them seems to be interested. 

I said earlier that I find him a bit overrated, so maybe thats the consensus among these clubs. 

Edited by Gundalf

I’m 100% confident that Poch will transform most of our underperforming players. Most notably Mudryk. So I’m not buying into this idea that all the money we’ve spent recently was fatal.

But damn, when are we going to kick into gear ourselves in the window? Are we seriously going to shed 8 players before we buy anyone? How is that beneficial when negotiating for targets when every club will know we’ve got loads of money we need to spend?

44 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

nitpicking the word I used.

For me they are both quality players.

You said good. Either way, I wholeheartedly disagree.

Both players are living on potential. We should move them on if the price is right.

Edited by LAM09

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Both players are living on potential. We need to move on if the price is right.

They have been managed by shit managers, there is a reason this club has been a mess.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I’m 100% confident that Poch will transform most of our underperforming players. Most notably Mudryk. So I’m not buying into this idea that all the money we’ve spent recently was fatal.

But damn, when are we going to kick into gear ourselves in the window? Are we seriously going to shed 8 players before we buy anyone? How is that beneficial when negotiating for targets when every club will know we’ve got loads of money we need to spend?

I would take that bet. 

We should have a feature in this forum to pin wages/bets. Would be fun.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

Both players are living on potential. We need to move on if the price is right.

Yes I did, and I still think that's not super important in a place where we call millionaire players, "ass" and "shit", etc. Still, happy to call them both quality in that case.

My main disagreement wasn't even how one rates the players (mount and kai), but how disingenuous it is to pit Gallagher against them; a player who was never a starter, and never accomplished anything. 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

My main disagreement wasn't even how one rates the players (mount and kai), but how disingenuous it is to pit Gallagher against them; a player who was never a starter, and never accomplished anything. 🤷‍♂️

You're arguing semantics when it was made pretty clear they were grouped together simply as underperformers. 

21 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

They have been managed by shit managers, there is a reason this club has been a mess.

Tuchel & Flick are shit managers now? I don't know what to say.

18 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Yes I did, and I still think that's not super important in a place where we call millionaire players, "ass" and "shit", etc. Still, happy to call them both quality in that case.

He just mentioned a player that's also linked with a move away rather than alluding to them all being of equal ability. I'd be happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, though.

Edit - You have your answer in the post above.

Edited by LAM09

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

You're arguing semantics when it was made pretty clear they were grouped together simply as underperformers. 

once again we disagree.

They cannot, should not, ever be put in the same group.

Even from a scouting perspective, 2 of these players have performed much better than they did last season, while the other never really performed anywhere near the level the other two already have.

To make it perfectly clear: even in last season, Mount and Kai have way more skill (first touch and passing) than Gallagher to my eyes. Gallagher's first touch is similar to Bakayoko's. OK the last part was too mean on Gallagher. 😅

Edited by robsblubot

35 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

But jokes aside, if thats really true and he is really for sale, it makes me wonder why no other, bigger clubs are going in for him. A lot of clubs are looking for midfielders atm. 

Barca is looking for midfielders, PSG is looking for midfielders, Bayern, Liverpool, Arsenal, even United. But none of them seems to be interested. 

I said earlier that I find him a bit overrated, so maybe thats the consensus among these clubs. 

A bit Overrated? Good god.

Would take Barella here in a heartbeat, not many players who are as good as he is at that sort of box to box role where he can run beyond the strikers. Depends on the system though, clubs that don’t play a 3 man MF, its harder to see him fitting in as he does at Inter and Italy.

Wait and see Liverpool will get involved soon enough if its only £50m. The windows only been officially open one day.

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

once again we disagree.

They cannot, should not, ever be put in the same group.

Even from a scouting perspective, 2 of these players have performed much better than they did last season, while the other never really performed anywhere near the level the other two already have.

I have to wonder what the rationale behind that is.

KK, Silva, & Chalobah could be leaving. Oh, you can't mention those three in the same breath because Chalobah is dreadful in comparison. I'm actually flabbergasted at how we've ended up here based on that original post.

20 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

A bit Overrated? Good god.

Would take Barella here in a heartbeat, not many players who are as good as he is at that sort of box to box role where he can run beyond the strikers.

Yea, in Serie A. Not so much in the CL. I think there is a performance gap between league and international club football, facing teams that have midfields that dont let u overrun that easily. I saw him this season against Bayern and City and he wasnt particular great in these games. What strikes me the most is the difference in his assisting stats. He has quite a good assist rate in Serie A because he does these runs, but in the CL he managed to get 1 assist in 28 games. 

I started to be very cautious about players that shine in Serie A. But lets see, maybe there is a run on him by many big clubs.