Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Barella close to Newcastle. £50m. What a fucking signing that will be. Wow….. we should be all over this

@Gundalf Eriksen not a great deal for United? Don’t be so daft. Was a key signing, Sabizter also solid enough to cover Eriksen who picked up a big injury without being spectacular.

Phillips was never going to play ahead of Rodri also - anyone who thought otherwise hasn’t got a clue about football.

Verdict still out on Jorginho at Arsenal but we would of been better keeping him as an option ahead of RLC and Gallagher.

Eriksen key for what? His stats are not really good. 1 goal, 8 assists (thats not bad), but lousy defensive stats, average passing stats, kinda bad performance ratings throughout the season. 

Philipps yes ofc, but Pep wasting 50m on a bench player doesnt seem so terrific, everyone could do that with that money, Pep clearly didnt make him any better. So the fact that he wants Kova doesnt mean Kova will shine under Pep. 

What I want to say: only because some other coaches want our struggling players like Mount or Gallagher doesnt make them superstars out of a sudden. They are still limited.

8 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Boehly's gamble going good.

"Guy is eyeing a rock and rubberband as an alternative to to a car if he can't agree a fee on one" kind of news.

But on serious note, if any of those twitter bs is true, we are barely into the window, already missed on key targets, failing at selling deadwood, desperate to sign plan C and D players and trying to push out all of our core players, to replace them with inferior options. Another shambolic business time.

36 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

That's nitpicking. Players go from good to great within a season, or even within the same game. 

Suppose the valuation these players have may be baffling if you think they belong in Aston Villa. 🤷‍♂️

It isn't. There's a reason we're willing to let them go to begin with.

Quality players drop 8 out of 10's most week.

3 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Let me be clear I trust the judgements of other clubs rather than the people who spent 600m and somehow made the club even worse.

So we should keep Mount, Havertz, Gallagher and co. because they MIGHT become good in the future, meaning we cant buy any new players only because there is interest from other clubs? 

We could do that yea, but I dont wanna hear any Havertz bashing next season when he misses another sitter or loses the ball every time he receives it. 

9 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Good, fuck Inter.

Wait and see though, no doubt the player will end up saying he would prefer a move to Italy… Bayern’s strategy has never been to buy 30, 31 and 32 year olds either so cannot that happening.

7 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Eriksen key for what? His stats are not really good. 1 goal, 8 assists (thats not bad), but lousy defensive stats, average passing stats, kinda bad performance ratings throughout the season. 

Philipps yes ofc, but Pep wasting 50m on a bench player doesnt seem so terrific, everyone could do that with that money, Pep clearly didnt make him any better. So the fact that he wants Kova doesnt mean Kova will shine under Pep. 

What I want to say: only because some other coaches want our struggling players like Mount or Gallagher doesnt make them superstars out of a sudden. They are still limited.

Did you watch United at all this season? Or are you going to tell me that stats dictate everything.

He played as a 6/8 next to Casemiro most of the time in a deeper more withdrawn role with Fernandes much more free and higher (except not in the big games). Not as a 10 or wide 10 where he had played at Ajax, Spurs and Inter.

His passing ability definitely helped United and ten Haag implement and improve their play through the midfield as he can dictate a game and play through the lines.

Phillips was a good player at Leeds but should have went to Man United and played every week prior to moving to City. Or stayed at Leeds but how often do y the chance to go to City under Pep? Your point could also be argued about Grealish but he also proved a lot of people wrong this season passed and was one of their key players too.

No Mount and Gallagher aren’t superstars but Mount was an extremely key cog in a CL winning side. Gallagher not anywhere near but again, I am defos concerned about Mount being a good player elsewhere.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Just now, Gundalf said:
6 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

So we should keep Mount, Havertz, Gallagher and co. because they MIGHT become good in the future

People are crying with pitchforks for them to be gone, because they blame them for us being shit this season, half rightfully so I guess, but the question they seem to miss is WHO TF ARE WE REPLACING THEM WITH? Because if board's idea of answer to this is "another hungry prospect from freaking Brighton's reserves for only 100 million", then no thank you, I prefer Gallagher. And so far they seem to be struggling to land players who are actually better (still remains the fact they may decline after joining us like 90% of those hot topics).

1 minute ago, Vegetable said:

People are crying with pitchforks for them to be gone, because they blame them for us being shit this season, half rightfully so I guess, but the question they seem to miss is WHO TF ARE WE REPLACING THEM WITH? Because if board's idea of answer to this is "another hungry prospect from freaking Brighton's reserves for only 100 million", then no thank you, I prefer Gallagher. And so far they seem to be struggling to land players who are actually better (still remains the fact they may decline after joining us like 90% of those hot topics).

To be honest I prefer our quiet movement as opposed to in January and last summer. We are definitely getting players in. 

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I am defos concerned about Mount being a good player elsewhere.

I dont care about other clubs, the question is: will these players become good at Chelsea. Sometimes things just dont fit anymore. In my eyes its wrong to limit ourselfs in a vague hope that things might become better in the future when we could improve with other players, only because they MIGHT improve our rivals. 

Because in the end, our rivals will find other players elsewhere to improve themselfs anyway. So we cant stop them from improving themselfs. We should only look at ourselfs and think about what is best for the team. Do we want to have Mount or Havertz in our lineup or not.

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

To be honest I prefer our quiet movement as opposed to in January and last summer. We are definitely getting players in. 

So do I, but so far we only have loud rejections and buying players, who are hardly ready for U21 level (like the first clearlake window). In reasonable world, I'd be patient and at ease, but given the recent times here, I wouldn't be surprised had we pulled the fire sale of our (still) best players and not replace them with anyone even comparable.

Absolutely no, to selling Havertz to one of our rivals for less than £60M. Can we please work on the ones that really need to go.... have a jumble sale for Ziyech, Puli, RLC, Sarr, KK.

Also hopefully we get some good news regarding the sale of Mount and Kova soon.

Also Lukaku wanting 90M a season... this guy...

1 minute ago, Vegetable said:

So do I, but so far we only have loud rejections and buying players, who are hardly ready for U21 level (like the first clearlake window). In reasonable world, I'd be patient and at ease, but given the recent times here, I wouldn't be surprised had we pulled the fire sale of our (still) best players and not replace them with anyone even comparable.

Rejections? Who have we actually bid for? I think we get Caicedo. Far too much noise from reputable people to not suggest we aren't favorites. 

We realistically need only 3 signings. 

7 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Good point. But to be honest, it doesnt take much to perform better than Havertz and Mount did last season. The question is: can these players improve to a certain point where its acceptable for a club like Chelsea? I still think that Havertz isnt built for the PL and would shine in La Liga e.g. but in the end its just an opinion. Fact is that Havertz has not lived up to the expectations for 3 years now. In my opinion it is worth the gamble to sell him and bring someone new in, at this point we know what we can expect from Havertz, and thats not a lot unfortunately. 

And about Mount: it seems he wants to leave, maybe his head is gone and he needs a fresh start elsewhere to perform. A lot of it is psychology. No point in keeping a player that has his head elsewhere.