Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

10 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Narrative was always we can't sell him because of his big salary here. I'm sure fee won't be a problem. 

So long as we get rid of them its fine. Just sick of these Italian clubs fleecing us. 

Italian clubs seem to absolutely love PL flops and castoffs. And tbf they often take those flops and castoffs and make them look solid again because the general level is much lower in Serie A.

We should be trying to flog all of our unwanted players there. Ziyech, Pulisic, Auba, Kounilbaly. All these players could totally reinvigorate their careers there.

22 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Italian clubs seem to absolutely love PL flops and castoffs. And tbf they often take those flops and castoffs and make them look solid again because the general level is much lower in Serie A.

We should be trying to flog all of our unwanted players there. Ziyech, Pulisic, Auba, Kounilbaly. All these players could totally reinvigorate their careers there.

Speaks volumes about the levels of the players we signed from 2019 onwards.

16 minutes ago, Mário César said:

if we sell kova, mount, gallegher, ruben and dont renew with kante

how we will only sign one midfielder?

we need at least 2

Yes. But there hasn’t really been any indication that Gallagher and Kante will go at this moment. RLC, Mount, and Kova seem forgone conclusions.

11 minutes ago, Mário César said:

if we sell kova, mount, gallegher, ruben and dont renew with kante

how we will only sign one midfielder?

we need at least 2

Well we have a lot of others.

Zakaria, if we buy him or not. 

Carney unless he goes on loan. 

Andrey Santos if he can come in the summer. 

Casadei if he will get a change or another loan...

Just now, Pizy said:

Yes. But there hasn’t really been any indication that Gallagher and Kante will go at this moment. RLC, Mount, and Kova seem forgone conclusions.

I been vocal about Gallagher, he is the one that wants to be here and I want to see how he fares with Poch. 

2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Well we have a lot of others.

Zakaria, if we buy him or not. 

Carney unless he goes on loan. 

Andrey Santos if he can come in the summer. 

Casadei if he will get a change or another loan...

no one of them is ready to play

zakaria will return to juve

we need at least 2 midfielders 

As cool as it may be as fans who are always in “win now” mode to sign two super high quality midfielders this summer, I’m just not sure the club will think it’s wise after the business they’ve done over the past 12 months. We’ve signed 3 teenaged midfielders who are super highly rated in Casadei, Santos, and Carney who are obviously viewed as big players for the future. 

So going out and buying not just Ugarte but also someone like Caicedo or Lavia means the path for any of those 3 teenagers is completely blocked. Enzo, Ugarte, and Caicedo are all in their early 20’s and Lavia isn’t even 20 yet I don’t think. What would be the point of investing pretty big money in those kids we bought if we then closed their pathway to the first team?

My money is on just 1 midfielder. Perhaps if we were in Europe and had a packed fixture list buying 2 would make sense.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

As cool as it may be as fans who are always in “win now” mode to sign two super high quality midfielders this summer, I’m just not sure the club will think it’s wise after the business they’ve done over the past 12 months. We’ve signed 3 teenaged midfielders who are super highly rated in Casadei, Santos, and Carney who are obviously viewed as big players for the future. 

So going out and buying not just Ugarte but also someone like Caicedo or Lavia means the path for any of those 3 teenagers is completely blocked. Enzo, Ugarte, and Caicedo are all in their early 20’s and Lavia isn’t even 20 yet I don’t think. What would be the point of investing pretty big money in those kids we bought if we then closed their pathway to the first team?

My money is on just 1 midfielder. Perhaps if we were in Europe and had a packed fixture list buying 2 would make sense.

I wouldn't say completely blocked, a lot changes in coming years that could put one above the other.

I'm actually more concerned how we seem to be going all out on building a squad that "stays together for a decade", sounds great in theory but even young teams go stale without refreshing it, look at Pep's first title winning team to his most recent one for example, a 5 year difference but only Ederson and KDB have been untouchable starters in all of them.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

It's hard to believe that; just look at European competitions this season.

The game is more tactical, so those who lack the pace that is required in the EPL flourish in Italy.