Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Højlund Is definitely the most exciting ST out there; technical ability, elite athleticism, size, etc. If Poch is appointed, could be a great manager to work with. 

DM? Romeo Lavia, is a very fascinating. So is Ugarte and Zubimendi.

GK? Mamardashvili, is in that Cech and Courtois mould; tall and robust GK that bring a presence in the box. Diogo Costa is in the mould Allison and Ederson. 

Regarding keeper - is there someone who is robust and good with their feet. Will need someone able to play sensibly under a high press

Southampton could get relegated so Lavia should be available as long as City don't have a buyback clause.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Regarding keeper - is there someone who is robust and good with their feet. Will need someone able to play sensibly under a high press

Southampton could get relegated so Lavia should be available as long as City don't have a buyback clause.

City do reportedly have a buy back on him for somewhere in the £40m range but I believe it's not active until the summer of 2024.

Although not exactly the same profile of player, ironically our best chance of getting Lavia might be to make a move this summer if Southampton were to get relegated and we sold Kova to City.

Would people accept that if say, we could sell Kova for £20m and buy Lavia for £30-40m?

Obviously not a long term solution, but what do people think of Keylor Navas as a stop gap solution for a year or two at goalkeeper?

I'm not an avid watcher of Forest games, but from what I've seen and heard he's been playing very well there, and although not a physically imposing keeper, he has been and still is significantly better than Kepa.

7 minutes ago, Superblue said:

Obviously not a long term solution, but what do people think of Keylor Navas as a stop gap solution for a year or two at goalkeeper?

I'm not an avid watcher of Forest games, but from what I've seen and heard he's been playing very well there, and although not a physically imposing keeper, he has been and still is significantly better than Kepa.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/65901/Show/Keylor-Navas

He's been pretty average at Forest.  If we need a GK, better to get a long term option in at the end of the season and not have to worry for the next 5+ years.  

6 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/65901/Show/Keylor-Navas

He's been pretty average at Forest.  If we need a GK, better to get a long term option in at the end of the season and not have to worry for the next 5+ years.  

Fair enough, as I said I haven't watched enough to make a judgement call myself on him but I'd seen him have a couple of big games from highlights so wasn't sure if he was still at a high enough level that would work for us.

I think the problem this summer is going to be getting a top striker - this could blow up most of whatever budget we might have which could restrict what can be spent in other areas of the pitch.

Seems pretty wild but I could actually believe it after watching his post match interview vs Madrid, I feel sorry for the chap, rolls royce of a player, though I doubt he’d leave Lamps in the lurch after he said it was him that believed in him from PSG, if I recall.

14 hours ago, Clockwork said:

GK? Mamardashvili, is in that Cech and Courtois mould; tall and robust GK that bring a presence in the box. Diogo Costa is in the mould Allison and Ederson. 

If Milan don't win the CL this season, we should be all over Maignan. He's the best GK that's obtainable, with a decent amount of European experience too.

1 hour ago, milka said:

This is really connecting a lot of unrelated dots. He trained with his childhood team while home. That is what that picture is. In his interview he really didn’t say anything that is not obviously true and really didn’t call out the owners or managers. There have been mistakes made, nobody could deny that.

15 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

This is really connecting a lot of unrelated dots. He trained with his childhood team while home. That is what that picture is. In his interview he really didn’t say anything that is not obviously true and really didn’t call out the owners or managers. There have been mistakes made, nobody could deny that.

FUCK BOEHLY

23 minutes ago, Vesper said:

FUCK BOEHLY

This is what I have been saying since rhe summer. He has singlehandedly destroyed everything Roman did in 20 years in one season. I can see us becoming similar to United under the Glazers. Boehly bought a shit tonne of dregs and is now going to sell our CL winning players to settle the accounts (like Kova, Mount, Havertz etc). We will be wallowing in mediocrity for the next 10 years.