Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Lets be honest fans are fickle. I mean if Newcastles owners came here, we wouldn’t of complained had their impact translated to what has happened on the pitch for them. Same with for City's owners. Just as how we’ve always said that people were jealous of us under Roman at the beginning. At least 75-80% of them wont care if it turns the club round and gets them winning and competing.

Oh no doubt, I just want to be there when they finally jump off their moral superiority high horse. 

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Remember when we had a £45m offer for Gallagher…. and we said no?!

We didn't, he didn't want to go to Everton.

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Lucky if we get half of that now. 

I still think we can. As much of a let down as he's been back here he's still got a market lower down the table (in before the that's us now jokes).

We desperately need to trim this squad. Both first team and on loan players. Players need to know they are part of a team and fight for each other. We have probably used up to 40 players this season. This is CRAZY. We need a group of players and a manager to guide them. Please don’t overspend, buy players early in the window, have a preseason, loan some youngsters and tackle the new season with tribal mentality. We have a lit of players who don’t know if they will be here after 6 months and that is killing us.

Keep :   Mendy , Badiashile , Silva ,  Chilwell , James , Fofana , Enzo ,  Kante , Mount , Mudryk ,  Broja , Havertz , Madueke , Gusto , Colwill , Nkunku , Hall , Maatsen ,Andrey Santos 

Loan : Slonina , Chukwuemeka ,  Fofana , Casadei , Anjorin

Sell : Kepa ,  Chalobah , Azpi , Koulibaly ,Cucurella ,  Kovacic , RLC  , Gallagher , Aubameyang , Pulisic , Sterling , Ziyech , CHO , Lukaku 

Buy : 1st choice GK , backup LB/LWB , CM with goals in him , ST . 

Edited by milka

6 minutes ago, milka said:

Keep :   Mendy , Badiashile , Silva ,  Chilwell , James , Fofana , Enzo ,  Kante , Mount , Mudryk ,  Broja , Havertz , Madueke , Gusto , Colwill , Nkunku , Hall , Maatsen .

Loan : Slonina , Chukwuemeka ,  Fofana , Casadei , Anjorin

Sell : Kepa ,  Chalobah , Azpi , Koulibaly ,Cucurella ,  Kovacic , RLC  , Gallagher , Aubameyang , Pulisic , Sterling , Ziyech , CHO , Lukaku 

Buy : 1st choice GK , backup LB/LWB , CM with goals in him , ST . 

Doubt that anyone will buy these frauds with this kind of wages they are on.

image.png.a288848a75a6922b9b920525a1bda6d3.png

Tuchel really fucked us with his stupid signings in the summer. Sterling, Koulibaly, Cucurella all shit. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Don't give me hope. Owners not shafting themselves into buying him (for a hefty price ofc) would actually surprise me.

1 hour ago, Gundalf said:

Tuchel really fucked us with his stupid signings in the summer. Sterling, Koulibaly, Cucurella all shit. 

Don't know how much input Tuchel actually had there (and if he had one, what he wanted to do with them), but Cucu was probably 7th best option and first that club could secure, Koulibaly was an elite defender and Sterling seemed a typical Marina-style reasonable business. Too bad players usually don't quite flourish after coming to Chelsea. I'd be just us worried with Defender Fofana's fee and wages and Mudryk's (and most of others) fees. Actually, Badiashile looks like the only sensible deal tbh. 

Edited by Vegetable

On 07/10/2022 at 07:24, OneMoSalah said:

No he’s not a nobody perhaps but he’s hardly a elite level central defender. I mean he’s a reasonably solid squad player and even then, you can bet Pep won’t pick him regularly when he has all his CBs back fit and available, I mean hes no better than Ake and hes a pretty average CB.

Dortmund were eager to sell because he had 1 year left on his deal and he declined a new contract, plus anyone who’s watched Dortmund over the years know he hasn’t exactly been a revelation for them and they could afford to let him go. I mean I think him going to City was a surprise for many, he was available for transfer all summer and nobody went for him at that price barring City at the last minute due to Ake picking up an injury on top of the already injured Laporte not being closer to fitness.

But because he’s doing well for City (think he’s played 4 games, Seville, Dortmund, Wolves and United - ironically two teams have ended up sacking their managers for very subpar performances this season - particularly in attack) we should have “been all over him” as if he is any better than who we went after or who we signed. 

If people said last summer we should replace Rudiger or Christensen with Akanji, they would of laughed. We needed to target top level CBs to replace the 2 good players we lost. Not a rotational player/squad player in that position because Azpi and Chalobah can already do that roles. If he plays for City regularly for 2 or 3 years when everyone’s fit I will eat my words but I significantly doubt it.

This discussion we had early on in the season dawned on me, so I wonder if your opinion has changed at all considering he's been an ever-present for Man City despite all options being available to Pep? 

3 hours ago, Gundalf said:

Doubt that anyone will buy these frauds with this kind of wages they are on.

image.png.a288848a75a6922b9b920525a1bda6d3.png

It still mystifies me that people think Tuchel had a call on transfers like those before him. I personally believe Mourinho is the only manager during Roman's ownership who got the targets he actually wanted.

5 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

It still mystifies me that people think Tuchel had a call on transfers like those before him. I personally believe Mourinho is the only manager during Roman's ownership who got the targets he actually wanted.

"I gave him a list that would have made it possible to fight straight for the title, but it was a pretty unrealistic list. We don't play fantasy football, and in the end, we need to pay for it, convince the players, and convince clubs to give us their best players, and this is simply not happening. But I am super happy with what we've succeeded so far: Raheem Sterling, Kalidou Koulibaly, Carney (Chukwuemeka) and Marc Cucurella are fantastic signings, and I'm more than happy they are with us."

That's a quote from Tuchel. Sounds like the mentioned players were on that list. Follows the pattern also. 

2 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

"I gave him a list that would have made it possible to fight straight for the title, but it was a pretty unrealistic list. We don't play fantasy football, and in the end, we need to pay for it, convince the players, and convince clubs to give us their best players, and this is simply not happening. But I am super happy with what we've succeeded so far: Raheem Sterling, Kalidou Koulibaly, Carney (Chukwuemeka) and Marc Cucurella are fantastic signings, and I'm more than happy they are with us."

That's a quote from Tuchel. Sounds like the mentioned players were on that list. Follows the pattern also. 

"Unrealistic list". It's apparent that the players that signed were most likely not first choices and, like those before him, were stuck with what he was given.

Tuchel WANTED Hakimi. How did that turn out?

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

"Unrealistic list". It's apparent that the players that signed were most likely not first choices and, like those before him, were stuck with what he was given.

Tuchel WANTED Hakimi. How did that turn out?

Tuchel has publicly stated he wanted Lukaku as a striker just weeks before we signed him.