Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

48 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Is he even dropped? Not injured? He started the last PL-game before World Cup, he hasn't been around since.

Right now he's injured and has been since December but even before his injury he was definitely dropped.

Mendy did play the last three games (2 PL and one EFL Cup) prior to the WC break but those were all games Kepa was injured for. The backup goalie on the bench for those games was Bettinelli. 

4 hours ago, Jype said:

Of those players I would expect only Colwill to have a solid chance of making the squad. Maatsen is an interesting player but since we already have Chilwell, Cucurella and Hall I don't see him making it, unless something drastic happens such as Chilwell demanding a move to City or somehow managing to cut our losses with Cucurella at a decent value. The rest aren't good enough and in Lukaku's case there are too many burnt bridges for him to still come back.

I agree I think the pathway for Maatsen may be too hard and is completely dependent on Potter or whoever the manager is deciding whether he's good enough to be here or not.

Having said this, if we chose to cash in he's likely to have a newly promoted Burnley wanting him or a team lower down the Prem eyeing him up. It's certainly been a breakout season for him which if it doesn't mean breaking through at Chelsea, it means a lot more money for the club than would have been the case last season. I would expect him to comfortably sit in a £12-15m price bracket and depending on teams interested, that price may improve. We got £18m for Guehi on the back of a similarly successful loan in the Championship.

Colwill I think is a given that he will come back. Whether that is next season I'm still unsure. I think it would depend somewhat on whether the club had a buyer to move Koulibaly on but if that's not the case we're still well stocked in the area but have two players in Silva and Koulibaly who are very much short term solutions. I wouldn't be surprised if Colwill is given a long term contract and one more season out on loan, but he could definitely play a role next season if we kept him here.

The others I'd agree aren't good enough but they are still sellable assets, even if for just a few million each to move them on. 

I'm not sure on Lukaku though. I'd rather the club move on from him, but I wouldn't be entirely convinced that bridges have been completely burnt. If Inter aren't prepared to pay out to keep him there, then I could see a situation where he could end up back here without Tuchel. It's annoying because despite his limitations, he is a goal scorer and a focal point that at times this season we've sorely lacked - if he didn't have an ego the size of Russia, he'd probably have a decent role within the squad here still for a couple of seasons. 

3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

How this will effect Newcastle and city? 

Maybe potential new Qatari owners of united as well? 

It will make rejecting a proposed owner easier, but they pretty much need to be sanctioned to be removed.

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

How this will effect Newcastle and city? 

Maybe potential new Qatari owners of united as well? 

Seeing as how the vote for the rule change was unanimous, I would guess fuck all effect. Why would they vote for something like that if it was bad for themselves?

14 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

In love with CFC-project? With what exactly?

I would pass hard on him.. His behaviour and attitude very antipathetic.. 

Wasn't he afraid of Mane or some shit like that after Mane yelled at him for being subbed off?

Pretty much all of the quotes I’ve seen from Bayern players on Twitter have been positive about Naglesmann. Feels like almost the exact same situation happened to him that did to Tuchel here. The higher-ups were looking for any small excuse to sack him. A purely political move.

Bayern have been an absolute machine in the CL this season and against some top clubs. They’ve sputtered a bit in the league but it’s not like they’re in 5th place or something. So Naglesmann must have really rubbed the hierarchy at the club the wrong way because from a footballing perspective he was apparently doing quite well.

23 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Pretty much all of the quotes I’ve seen from Bayern players on Twitter have been positive about Naglesmann. Feels like almost the exact same situation happened to him that did to Tuchel here. The higher-ups were looking for any small excuse to sack him. A purely political move.

Bayern have been an absolute machine in the CL this season and against some top clubs. They’ve sputtered a bit in the league but it’s not like they’re in 5th place or something. So Naglesmann must have really rubbed the hierarchy at the club the wrong way because from a footballing perspective he was apparently doing quite well.

Difference is they replaced him with a coach just a good whereas we replaced him with Dumbledore.