Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

On 25/03/2023 at 01:15, Pizy said:

That 1 week we had that included the Dortmund game has 100% bought Potter the rest of the season, sadly. So we’ll have to watch as Conte and Naglesmann become available and go elsewhere whilst we’re stuck with a dude who thinks he’s managing Brighton or some other small club still.

Good, Conte would destroy everything we're trying to do.

And when he's not motivated Conte has an even worse small club mentality than Potter.

12 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Barry headed to Bayern it seems

We’ve always read he is highly rated so what do we know on the outside, shades of Paul Clement who eventually left in a similar manner, a shame, even if Paul didn’t make it as a first team coach etc

I’d also just mention it’s pretty distasteful for Tuchel to go public with it, disappoints me. Especially when it just echoes what Simon Jordan said about ‘if everyone knew what happened I’d of sacked him too’ etc it could push someone from in the club to ‘leak’ things and ultimately I’d just prefer to remember Tuchel for what a fantastic coach and member of Chelsea he was, nothing more, nothing less.

55 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

I’d also just mention it’s pretty distasteful for Tuchel to go public with it, disappoints me. Especially when it just echoes what Simon Jordan said about ‘if everyone knew what happened I’d of sacked him too’ etc it could push someone from in the club to ‘leak’ things and ultimately I’d just prefer to remember Tuchel for what a fantastic coach and member of Chelsea he was, nothing more, nothing less.

It does beg the question though, if people are willing to follow him, is what he done that bad? Will have to wait and see if any do before making the assumption I guess.

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

2 more goals tonight for Rasmus Højlund.

5 in last two games.

https://streamtape.com/v/KX2W4xAJkMh0kKO/kaz_edit_edit.mp4

Should be starting the new season with nagelsmann and hojlund but you just know it's gonna be potter and Lukaku 

On 26/03/2023 at 08:45, Pizy said:

Having seen in form Mount up close during his time here he’d probably fancy Mase over either Conan or Sané, tbh. 

An in-form Sané is something else.  Haven't seen enough of it but in terms of ball carrying and dribbling, he's up there with Hazard.   There's a reason why Arteta tried to get him for the left side of their attack.  

11 hours ago, We Hate Scouse said:

It does beg the question though, if people are willing to follow him, is what he done that bad? Will have to wait and see if any do before making the assumption I guess.

or maybe this has nothing to do with what Tuchel 'did' behind the scenes at Chelsea and it's more to do with a talented coach wanting to learn more under Tuchel in a top level environment like Bayern Munich?

Chelsea: Potter has his own Saka in Tudor Mendel-Idowu

The precocious youth has been in fine form at youth level..

https://www.footballfancast.com/Chelsea-graham-potter-bukayo-saka-tudor-mendel-idowu-opinion-premier-league/

Tudor Mendel-Idowu (@TudorMendel) / Twitter

Chelsea have been poor this season, despite the lucrative expenditure on the transfer front over the past year, with the west London outfit languishing in mid-table mediocrity and out of both domestic cup competitions.

Graham Potter replaced previous manager Thomas Tuchel in the early phases of the campaign with the Premier League club on a downward trend, but fortunes have only recently seen sunlight after a wretched run of form.

The Blues had won three successive matches, and clinched qualification to the Champions League quarter-finals, where holding champions Real Madrid await, before Everton snatched a draw at Stamford Bridge before the international break, with the Toffees' homegrown talent Ellis Simms scoring a brutish goal to restore parity.

Simms' strike was a reminder of the impact youth can have, with some of the Premier League's greatest current gems graduates of respective youth academies - Phil Foden dazzles for Manchester City after plying his formative years at the club, the same can be said for Liverpool's Trent Alexander-Arnold; the most arresting individual at present, however, is surely Arsenal sensation Bukayo Saka, who has been integral in his side's title-chasing campaign.

Drawing comparisons to the Gunners' prodigy, Cobham starlet Tudor Mendel-Idowu is pushing for an increase in responsibility at Chelsea, flourishing at youth level.

Who is Tudor Mendel-Idowu?

Mendel-Idowu is the encapsulation of precocity; a Kings Scholar at the prestigious Eton Academy, the 18-year-old has also been riding the crest of a wave throughout his maiden footballing years, signing for Chelsea's academy when was a child and hailed as "talented" and a winger who "possesses great dribbling ability and is often in the right places to score goals" by the club's official website.

Often utilised as a central attacking midfielder or on the right flank, the burgeoning star has been in emphatic form this season, scoring four goals and supplying two assists from nine displays in the U18 Premier League and making an appearance in the EFL Trophy, coming off the bench against League One outfit Peterborough United.

Dubbed a "remarkable" prospect by Chelsea writer Matt Addison, Mendel-Idowu looks a genuine prospect for Potter to consider, nurturing his skills over the next few years and emulating established stars such as Reece JamesMason Mount, Callum Hudson-Odoi and Tammy Abraham in graduating from the side's youth ranks. Having scored three goals from four appearances for England U17s, the fleet-footed dynamo is on the way to prominence on the professional scene, especially after indeed bearing a semblance to the imperious Saka, with one writer saying "Chelsea already have their own Bukayo Saka" when talking of the Cobham ace.

Saka rose through the ranks at Arsenal's Hale End academy before emerging as a prominent and paramount component of Mikel Arteta's system, having made 169 appearances and scoring 36 goals and 39 assists, winning the FA Cup and now en route to clinching Premier League glory.

This season, with Arsenal atop the Premier League table, the 22-year-old has scored 12 goals and supplied ten assists from 28 appearances, hailed as "electric" by Statman Dave and is valued at £106m by CIES Football Observatory, one of the most coveted gems in world football.

If Chelsea provides a similar platform for their nimble star, he could emulate Saka's career and cement himself as one of the Premier League's biggest stars in a matter of years.

Edited by Vesper