Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

No chance anything happens that quickly. City will pull a Donald Trump and have this shit tied up in the courts and appeals for ages.

and they will have actually competent lawyers, unlike Mango Mussolini

Trump Was 'Unsettled' by Rudy Giuliani's Dripping Hair Dye: Book

Where does Levi Colwill fit into Chelsea's current £900m squad?

Chelsea have raised a number of eyebrows this season with their some-what chaotic approach to signing players since being taken over by Todd Boehly.

https://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/sport/football/brighton-and-hove-albion/where-does-levi-colwill-fit-into-chelseas-current-ps900m-squad-4016424

Ever since the American replaced Roman Abramovich as owner of the two-time European champions, the club has signed 22 players in two transfer windows, spending £545.3m in the process.

Within this spending includes the £106m British record transfer fee payed for Benfica’s Enzo Fernandes, the £66m Mykhailo Mudryk deal stolen from Arsenal at the last minute and the fourth-most expensive defender in history, Wesley Fofana.

Head coach Graham Potter currently has a squad of 31 players and seven more potential first-teamers out on loan this season.

Colwill made his first start for De Zerbi in the Seagulls' 3-1 upset victory over Arsenal in the EFL Cup third round on November 9. (Photo by GLYN KIRK/AFP via Getty Images)

When the former Brighton manager calls everyone into Cobham for the first day of pre-season training this summer, he will have at least three options in every position.

This will leave many Brighton fans wondering if their is a space for Levi Colwill in Potter’s new look Chelsea side.

The young defender is currently on a season-long loan at Albion from Chelsea and has impressed manager Roberto De Zerbi since he arrived on the south coast.

Colwill made his first start for De Zerbi’s Seagulls in their 3-1 upset victory over Arsenal in the EFL Cup third round on November 9 and went on to start the next eight games for the club.

Currently, head coach Graham Potter currently has a squad of 31 players and seven more potential first-team players out on loan.

A quadricep injury picked up in training ended the 19-year-old’s run of games in the side, but already talk has begun of keeping the central-defender at the club beyond the end of this campaign.

Colwill has been recognised by De Zerbi as being integral to the Italian’s style of play. The Albion boss has utilised the defender’s ability on the ball to draw the opposition out of shape and begin attacking phases of play with quality passes into Brighton’s midfield duo of Alexis Mac Allister and Moises Caicedo.

Following Colwill’s injury, De Zerbi said: “I am sorry for him because for us the left centre-back is very important. Lewis Dunk is a top player but he is on the right and we lose some line passes from the left.

“I am very happy with Levi’s progress. I hope he can stay with us in the future because he has the potential to become a great player and he is very important for us.”

The young defender is currently on a season-long loan at Albion from Chelsea and has impressed manager Roberto De Zerbi since he arrived on the south coast.

The young defender joined Chelsea's academy system at eight-years-old and has represented England at youth level from U16s to U21s.

Colwill is yet to make a first-team appearance for the Blues, having spent last season on loan at Huddersfield Town in the Championship, playing 32 games and scoring two goals for Carlos Corberán’s side as they made it to the play-off final.

Unfortunately for Colwill and Corberan, the central defender scored the only goal of the game in the wrong net, as Nottingham Forest would go on to get promoted at the Terriers expense.

On recent form, Colwill deserves a chance in the current Chelsea set-up, keeping the likes of Mo Salah and Cody Gakpo quiet in recent games is no mean feet. Whilst also being instrumental in helping De Zerbi’s side score 25 goals in the 9 games he has started.

This attacking and defensive contribution would be much appreciated in Potter’s current side, which is currently struggling to find the back of the net, having scored six in their last 12 games.

However, Chelsea currently already have four players in the left centre-back position, including £33m summer signing Kalidou Koulibaly and January addition Benoît Badiashile from Monaco for the same price.

Academy products Trevoh Chalobah and Ethan Ampadu can also slot in to this role, the latter of whom is currently out on loan Spezia in Serie A.

Chelsea in very much in a transition phase under Potter, as the former Brighton head coach attempts to bed-in a whole new squad of players into the club.

It is difficult to see where Colwill would fit in to this over-inflated group right now, meaning a further season out on loan might suit all parties involved best.

Keep

Silva (as long as we can)

Badiashile (the best signing this winter apart from maybe enzo)

James

Gusto

Kovacic

Zakaria (sign him if he keeps it up)

Enzo (Thanks Eghbali!!!)

Chukewuemeka

Madueke

Felix ( sign him if he keeps it up)

Mudryk

Nkunku

Keep on thin ice (for one or two years MAX, if they don't improve then they need to be sold. Most of these will get some resale value, some can stay as squad players)

Kepa (We have more pressing needs but he is too short)

Chilwell/CuCu (one has to go for Maatsen in a couple of years)

Fofana (if he doesn't recover to pre-injury levels

Chalobah ( until we can sign someone to replace Silva at RCB)

Kante (I say let go if he gets injured again this season)

Mount ( He is better than Gallagher and can play more positions, which is better for a squad player)

Sterling

Havertz

Broja (if he doesn't recover to pre-injury levels)

Sell sell sell (as soon as possible, there is no reason for any of these players to be here as they have been or will be replaced)

Mendy

Azpi (keep for one more year if he really wants to stay)

KK 

Ampadu ( hasn't lived up to potential)

RLC (Can't believe he is still here. Hasn't lived up to potential)

Gallagher (Keep only if Mount doesn't sign and is sold)

Ziyech

Pulisic

CHO ( hasn't lived up to potential)

Anjorin ( hasn't lived up to potential)

Auba

Lukaku

Loan (some of these we can't loan because of the limit so they'll have to settle for carabao cup. I expect an exodus of youth in the next few years)

Slonina

Colwill

Hall

Maatsen

Humphreys

Casadei

Santos

Hutchinson

Vale

DDF

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

It’s going to take YEARS of appeals and lawsuits before anything comes of the City situation. 

From what I’ve seen a lot of these charges relate to their dodgy sponsorships over the years which have been blindingly obvious for a decade. It’s insane that for years City’s owners have been able to sponsor the club with companies they own or are connected with directly. Likewise PSG.

I don’t think this has anything to do with their actual transfer spending so this isn’t something we as Chelsea supporters need to worry about. This is about accounting breaches I think. 

The idea that Man City, a club with nowhere NEAR the global following of the other Big 6, has the highest revenue in world football in a legitimate way is laughable. Their dodgy ass sponsorships drastically over inflate those figures.

It does impact on their transfer spending since the amount they can spend while remaining within FFP is a function of their turnover. If their turnover has been artificially inflated, then this spending ceiling has also been inflated. Now, as to whether or not their actual spending might have breached FFP had their turnover been restricted, I don't know. The one is certainly linked with the other however.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

5 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

Keep

Silva (as long as we can)

Badiashile (the best signing this winter apart from maybe enzo)

James

Gusto

Kovacic

Zakaria (sign him if he keeps it up)

Enzo (Thanks Eghbali!!!)

Chukewuemeka

Madueke

Felix ( sign him if he keeps it up)

Mudryk

Nkunku

Keep on thin ice (for one or two years MAX, if they don't improve then they need to be sold. Most of these will get some resale value, some can stay as squad players)

Kepa (We have more pressing needs but he is too short)

Chilwell/CuCu (one has to go for Maatsen in a couple of years)

Fofana (if he doesn't recover to pre-injury levels

Chalobah ( until we can sign someone to replace Silva at RCB)

Kante (I say let go if he gets injured again this season)

Mount ( He is better than Gallagher and can play more positions, which is better for a squad player)

Sterling

Havertz

Broja (if he doesn't recover to pre-injury levels)

Sell sell sell (as soon as possible, there is no reason for any of these players to be here as they have been or will be replaced)

Mendy

Azpi (keep for one more year if he really wants to stay)

KK 

Ampadu ( hasn't lived up to potential)

RLC (Can't believe he is still here. Hasn't lived up to potential)

Gallagher (Keep only if Mount doesn't sign and is sold)

Ziyech

Pulisic

CHO ( hasn't lived up to potential)

Anjorin ( hasn't lived up to potential)

Auba

Lukaku

Loan (some of these we can't loan because of the limit so they'll have to settle for carabao cup. I expect an exodus of youth in the next few years)

Slonina

Colwill

Hall

Maatsen

Humphreys

Casadei

Santos

Hutchinson

Vale

DDF

good list

City will wriggle their way out of this... no doubt...

But apparently they have been delaying this process for years with underhand tactics in the court rooms... they haven't produced what has been asked of them.

the UAE is a cesspool of corruption, only the Saudis are worse, with the Qataris in 3rd place,

the Kuwaitis in 4th (and they are only truly massive pot of cash (200 billion usd or more (Musk the RW prickfuck has collapsed to under that post Twitter), the Kuwaitis are worth 400 billion usd or so) left not involved in football at the highest levels, unless you count the so far also not involved Bernard Arnault

THE REAL-TIME BILLIONAIRES LIST

1    Bernard Arnault    $223.2 B
2    Elon Musk             $164.3 B
3    Jeff Bezos              $129.2 B
4    Larry Ellison           $114.0 B
5    Warren Buffett       $106.5 B
6    Bill Gates                $104.9 B  
7    Carlos Slim Helu    $89.0 B

6 hours ago, Hashishi said:

They have been charged with 100 breaches. This is unprecedented. I think they won't escape with a fine this time. It might be a points deduction or even relegation. They will want to set an example with them.

Pep and Halaand to Chelsea.

Even if they get what Juventus got. They’ll still be above us. On goal difference. By about 31 goals.

Would say we should focus on ourselves and not Man City because at present we are, for a lack of a better word, honking. That bad to watch that I am gonna steal a Roy Keane saying “probably wouldn't watch us if we were playing in my back garden”.

I mean other clubs getting point deductions not gonna make us a good team is it? So why theirs a huge obsession as if its gonna improve our fortunes is ludicrous. In fact, I will gon on a limb and say City could get a 15 point deduction and still have 90% more of a chance of making the top 4 than we will.

Edited by OneMoSalah

49 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

We're waiting you Pep come here and save us.

It would be such a Pep move. Coming to the best team and pretend to be best manager. We should walk the league next season regardless of the manager. 

6 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

It would be such a Pep move. Coming to the best team and pretend to be best manager. We should walk the league next season regardless of the manager. 

Walk the league…. Optimistic 

17 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I'd share this idea if we had someone like Pep here but as of now a pipe dream.

46 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Even if they get what Juventus got. They’ll still be above us. On goal difference. By about 31 goals.

Would say we should focus on ourselves and not Man City because at present we are, for a lack of a better word, honking. That bad to watch that I am gonna steal a Roy Keane saying “probably wouldn't watch us if we were playing in my back garden”.

I mean other clubs getting point deductions not gonna make us a good team is it? So why theirs a huge obsession as if its gonna improve our fortunes is ludicrous. In fact, I will gon on a limb and say City could get a 15 point deduction and still have 90% more of a chance of making the top 4 than we will.

I will be watching. It always seems like the FA has a bone to pick with Chelsea. If they go hard at Man City, you know who they will just be waiting for us to breach any aspect of FFP. But yes, them getting slapped does nothing to improve us.

2 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I will be watching. It always seems like the FA has a bone to pick with Chelsea. If they go hard at Man City, you know who they will just be waiting for to breach any aspect of FFP. But yes, them getting slapped does nothing to improve us.

What punishments can the independent commission impose on a club?

• Suspend a club from playing league matches
  • Points deductions 
  • Recommend to the board that league matches be replayed
  • Recommend to the board that the league expels the respondent club
  • Order compensation
  • Cancel or refuse registration of players
  • Conditional punishment
  • Order the club to pay costs
  • Make such other order as it thinks fit

Well I reckon from there, its its going to be compensation/conditional punishment more than likely.

Because well its the PL and I doubt they will want to jump through all the hoops to make the league weaker by relegating City for example.

People thinking titles will be stripped (alongside relegation) are living in cuckoo land for me. So if the PL as a product is the “best league in the world” why would they expel one of the best teams in the world? With the best players? Best coach etc? It just weakens the PL. City will probably pay some daft figures and that will be it.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12804623/man-city-premier-league-charges-explained-what-are-they-what-could-punishment-be-whats-the-timescale

Edited by OneMoSalah