Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I'm close friends with a certain north east journo I cannot name but he's just messaged me saying the Chelsea delegation are in Lisbon now and talks to get the deal done are hotting up

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

In general I've liked the fact that we've allowed players to get the moves they wanted. It's been a show of strength and confidence, as well as a demonstration of loyalty to the players. Now that we are sending Arsenal player who might actually help them win the league however, I'm no longer feeling so fair minded. 🙂

Exactly OFAG - there's no way if the situation was reversed they'd let him come to us- especially at 12m.

5 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I'm close friends with a certain north east journo I cannot name but he's just messaged me saying the Chelsea delegation are in Lisbon now and talks to get the deal done are hotting up

How reliable is he

4 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

They’ve been in Lisbon for about 36 hrs now, the private jets done 127 trips and the deals been done 9 times. It honestly seems like its just rinse and repeat of the same reports every 3 or 4 hrs 😂

I think its going to be a bad night. Just need Harry Redknapp to appear hanging out his range rover window saying terrific and deadline day bingo is complete

Edited by OneMoSalah

31 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

He's done an Odenwingie

QPR forced to lock Peter Odemwingie out of Loftus Road after West Brom refuse to give striker permission to speak to club

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/qpr-forced-to-lock-peter-odemwingie-out-of-loftus-road-after-west-brom-refuse-to-give-striker-permission-to-speak-to-club-8476046.html

Peter Odemwingie

Confusion surrounded the future of West Brom striker Peter Odemwingie tonight as he arrived in London for talks with QPR, only for his club to deny giving him permission to do so.

Rangers boss Harry Redknapp earlier spoke of his interest in the wantaway Nigerian, and when the player was interviewed in London speaking of his excitement about a move, it looked as though a deal was on.

But West Brom reacted quickly by releasing a statement which read: "Albion have moved to clarify developments regarding Peter Odemwingie after the striker was filmed a short while ago arriving at Loftus Road.

"The club can confirm they have held further discussions with QPR today but those talks have so far proven fruitless and no agreement has been reached.

"Albion would also like to make clear that Peter has not been given permission to speak to QPR about a potential move."

Albion's words came just minutes after Sky Sports News interviewed the 31-year-old as he drove into London.

Sky Sports News then reported that QPR locked Odemwingie out of Loftus Road to ensure they did not break any rules concerning transfers.

The striker has been critical of West Brom on Twitter over recent weeks but he tonight gave a nod to that being in the past, saying: "It's fine. West Brom was my home but this is a new chapter. I love West Brom and always will.

"I am optimistic. A few good players have arrived here (at QPR) and I am happy with the trust Harry Redknapp has in me.

"The last few results have given us a chance to stay up. I don't think the owners will bring in so many players if they don't think it will happen.

"I hope West Brom are happy with what they will get and they hope to get players themselves."

While Odemwingie was in front of the cameras, Redknapp was giving an interview to London Call-In, during which he confirmed his interest in Odemwingie, Jermaine Jenas and Andros Townsend.

"Peter Odemwingie has pace, great movement," Redknapp said. "I like him and is a player that has always given us problems when I was at Tottenham

"I think if we can get Odemwingie he would be a great signing for us, but whether we can pull it off I am not sure."

The acquisition of Jenas looks like being an easier one for Redknapp, with the Tottenham midfielder also turning up at Loftus Road ahead of what he expects to be an 18-month deal.

He told reporters: "That's initially. I am fit and ready to go, it's a top club and I am confident the manager can make sure the club stays up. I know Harry well, spent a lot of time with him at Tottenham and know him well enough.

"It's a top club, has some good players and not in that bad a position. They're four points off safety and can definitely claw that back."

Earlier in the day, Rangers broke their club transfer record when they signed Christopher Samba from Anzhi Makhachkala after triggering a release clause believed to be more than £10million.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Will be a meltdown on here if it doesn’t happen for whatever reason and somebody else goes and signs Enzo in the summer 😂

I think this transfer this month has been built up as its now or never (as in January only) and I would totally agree that it’s that sense. We 100% won’t get a clean run at him in the summer and will be outside the CL spots undoubtedly so I don’t think he will move here come the summer.

We better hope there is a plan B, and has Jorginho officially moved to Arsenal or not?

Surely though he must look at our current predicament and assume that it is likely we won't be in the Champions League next season anyway, so I'm not sure if it's as big a problem as some people think it is.

All the players that have recently joined have spoken about being sold on the long term project here, and I would say the proof is there by being able to get a number of highly rated younger players signing very long deals at the club to tie them down here long term. I assume that the club has spoken to Enzo, whether directly or indirectly and sold him on something similar.

Now I agree, whether we get a free run in the summer will be debatable, although the numbers in question limit just how many clubs would be looking at him and there's also the likes of Bellingham potentially on the move in the summer too whom top clubs will be eyeing. But I don't see a situation where he'd be willing to come here now, but unwilling in the summer just because we're not in the Champions League for a season.

4 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

If this was dead, we would surely know by now.

as I posted before

d99420741f8f0f3d44eaa691e3e20c4b.png

Enzo Fernández will remain at Benfica

https://www.rtp.pt/noticias/benfica/enzo-fernandez-vai-continuar-no-benfica_d1463956

347190af4e6350595cd1aa96ebd55cd3.png

The Argentine footballer will continue to play for Benfica, according to RTP.

Chelsea did not satisfy the financial demands demanded by the reds .

Benfica demanded immediate payment of the termination clause, the English paid the 120 million but in several installments. The president of the incarnates Rui Costa proved to be intransigent .

5ac0e7944942c03af76605cd986c0d7e.png
It is at this point very unlikely that Chelsea will pay the clause under the conditions required by Benfica. The transfer market closes at midnight and until that moment anything can happen, but a source related to the transfer assured RTP that Enzo will remain at Benfica .

The player is away from the team, does not line up tonight and has shown that he does not have the psychological conditions to play against Arouca.

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

as I posted before

d99420741f8f0f3d44eaa691e3e20c4b.png

Enzo Fernández will remain at Benfica

https://www.rtp.pt/noticias/benfica/enzo-fernandez-vai-continuar-no-benfica_d1463956

347190af4e6350595cd1aa96ebd55cd3.png

The Argentine footballer will continue to play for Benfica, according to RTP.

Chelsea did not satisfy the financial demands demanded by the reds .

Benfica demanded immediate payment of the termination clause, the English paid the 120 million but in several installments. The president of the incarnates Rui Costa proved to be intransigent .

5ac0e7944942c03af76605cd986c0d7e.png
It is at this point very unlikely that Chelsea will pay the clause under the conditions required by Benfica. The transfer market closes at midnight and until that moment anything can happen, but a source related to the transfer assured RTP that Enzo will remain at Benfica .

The player is away from the team, does not line up tonight and has shown that he does not have the psychological conditions to play against Arouca.

Nothing from anybody eles

2 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Nothing from anybody eles

I am not 100% saying it is dead, but when the number one most reputable source in the nation, their BBC if you will, makes a pretty definitive statement like that

well, the fat lady is getting warmed up

Top Fat Lady Stickers for Android & iOS | Gfycat