Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

26 minutes ago, Mário César said:

if sell jorginho meaning the arrive of enzo, he can go for arsenal

he don't has legs anymore. he is finish.

let see if next summer we can get caicedo

it its a win win situation for us 

I know people are sick of me pimping him, BUT

I would rather have Manu Kone than Caicedo

hell, I might, maybe, maybe prefer Mac Allister over Caicedo tbh

zero chance we can pull both Bellingham and Enzo

Nicolò Barella for sure over Caicedo, but he will likely cost more than Caicedo and has to convinced to leave Italy (hard to do)

Matheus Nunes? (probably not, too similar and he may lack a certain toughness, not sure, but he is super skilled, no doubt. another thing is he is NOT a young young player, he is soon 25yo (before next season), so it is not like he has 3 to 4 years to slowly get up to WC initial level)

Roméo Lavia? (he really intrigues me)

a healthy Kante is GREAT, if we renew him, BUT I so worry he will not be fit and ready to go a lot

the player getting Enzo automatically takes off my target board is Martín Zubimendi  

as we probably do not need more deep holding MFers 

that said

not sure IF Enzo and Bruno Guimarães  would work together, but holy shit, if they did, that is an insanely creative deep MF (I know that pairing is likely a pipe dream anyway)

Maxence Caqueret, well not sure, is he really a Chels level player? I have watched him, and he IS better than I recall, but still not sure at all, which worries me (when I do not get an instant gut feeling)

then there is the ever-present Declan Rice thingy (Enzo and him may work well or Rice may be a drag, its not certain)

finally

we MUST (going out hard on a limb here)

in summer 2024

buy the best 16yo DMF I have ever seen (not joking, Bellingham is the only other youth non AMF MFer I have seen with his potential)

Warren Zaïre-Emery

I know, good luck with this pipe dream, but still........................

he has at least the potential to be a Bellingham level MF player

3f621d8055130957320b04d81fb3b20a.png

In a lot of ways PSG is literally the perfect landing spot for Ziyech. His lazy, nonchalant attitude and body language on a team that can sleepwalk through  most matches is perfect. He can use his skills much more effectively with the opponents focused so much on their other attackers.

5 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Ziyech straight loan? The fuck is the point of that

Yeah, very stupid. If he looks poor at PSG on loan then we’ll have even more trouble getting rid.

We need to start getting these underperforms for good not on loan. Ziyech, Pulisic, RLC, Jorginho. Loans do us no good at all.

31 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Even less playing time there. 

not really

these are literally the only 4 wingers/CFs they have

and one is often injured, and one is a very young CF player (their only true CF)

Neymar 
Lionel Messi 
Kylian Mbappé 
Hugo Ekitiké  

they also have no Sr team AMF (they do have 18yo Ismaël Gharbi, who almost never plays)

25 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Its more than 120m euros, it's amazing these negotiations can be done in less than a week, muss less 2 days

well, 120m euros is likely around (this is cray) one tenth of one per cent of the total wealth backing Chelsea between all parties

Ziyech leaving means Madueke will get a lot playing time right away. With Pulisic out for a couple of more months as well. Still won't be starter tho. And let's see who's gonna be Enzo partner in double pivot until Kante is back. Expect us to look like this in attack:

Havertz 

Mudryk   Felix   Sterling 

not at all sure about the validity here (likely bullshit I am guessing) but anyways---------:

Chelsea agree British record £115m deal with Benfica for Enzo Fernandez

https://www.90min.com/posts/Chelsea-agree-british-record-115m-deal-with-benfica-for-enzo-fernandez

Chelsea have agreed a British record deal worth £115m with Benfica for Enzo Fernandez, sources have confimed to 90min.

Fernandez has been one of Chelsea's top transfer priorities this January, but they have been frustrated in their efforts to sign the World Cup winner to date.

90min revealed last week that Benfica were expecting Chelsea to make a renewed bid, after talks stalled earlier in the window, and the Blues did return to the negotiating table over the weekend.

There was belief early on Monday that progress towards a deal was being made, with co-owner Behdad Eghbali and transfer director Paul Winstanley - who both played significant roles in landing Mykhailo Mudryk from Shakhtar Donetsk - leading the charge.

And those talks have led to an agreement, 90min understands, with Chelsea agreeing to pay more than Fernandez's £105m release clause in order for Benfica to accept a payment in instalments.

The deal now just needs to be rubber stamped and signed off by Rui Costa, who has publicly stated a number of times that 22-year-old Fernandez would not be leaving Benfica unless it was on the Portuguese giants' terms.

The transfer could end up costing Chelsea a British record fee of £115m once all payments have been received by Benfica, eclipsing the £100m Manchester City paid Aston Villa for Jack Grealish in the summer of 2021.

Personal terms have long been agreed with Fernandez, who missed training with Benfica on Monday, and there's plenty of time for the deal to be finalised before the winter transfer window slams shut on Tuesday night.

The breakthrough in negotiations could also impact potential outgoings at Chelsea, with Conor Gallagher and Ruben Loftus-Cheek among the players who could now be moved on by the club's hierarchy amid a wave of Premier League interest.

Edited by Vesper

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Ziyech leaving means Madueke will get a lot playing time right away. With Pulisic out for a couple of more months as well. Still won't be starter tho. And let's see who's gonna be Enzo partner in double pivot until Kante is back. Expect us to look like this in attack:

Havertz 

Mudryk   Felix   Sterling 

Kovacic you'd imagine. 

We don’t actually have the ideal, perfect partner for Enzo currently with Kante out. If he was 100% fit we’d have the best midfield 2 in Europe. 

Enzo + Kova will dominate lesser teams but I wonder if they’d have the defensive steel and discipline to hold up as a 2 against the very best teams. So you can see why we MIGHT go for a pure DM in the summer.

Just keep Ziyech ffs if we can't sell him. He has actually carried his world cup form into us. Has put in some delightful balls in virtually every match he has played in 2023. Keep him on board would be my suggestion. Offers something different to likes of Sterling, Mudryk, Madueke and Pulisic too.