Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

12 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Why keep the worst player though? By your logic be may as well keeping Ruben and selling both Mason and Connor?

The club should keep the better player, regardless of who is willing to accept a role/not likely to play as often/whatever, which is Mount (and when I say better I mean quite considerably better and has shown he can play at a higher level). 

Can’t believe people are talking about selling Mason. Bit flabbergasted. Yes he’s had a poor season but he’s been one of our best players the last 2 or 3 seasons. 

You just want us to keep him because for about 4 years you were saying he is much better than Mount and now he’s proven he is anything but (in fact he’s not even remotely close to being on his level albeit a different type of player) but now you think we should still keep him? I don’t know what to make of that… 

But would Mount accept that role? Looks like we are going to 4231 direction. He cannot play double pivot and for number 10 now we have Nkunku, Felix way superior players. 

Regarding Gallagher I feel I have been proven right. I was praising him when he just started in Championship for Charlton. Meanwhile he was POTY for mid table PL team, was in talk for team of the season in PL actually many ex players put him there last season. And was selected for World Cup. Yes he is struggling this 6 months but probably more to do with team than him. Also so far he just had 6 PL starts so jury is still out for him.

By Lamps words Mount he is very upset when not picked regularly and wants some crazy money. Reality is he has one year left on contract in the summer. Two options for the club. Give him 300k per week and regular place or cash in not to lose him on free. You are questioning many fans for wanting option number two which sounds logical. Mount at his best day is not worth anywhere near 300k yet this one. 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Why keep the worst player though? By your logic be may as well keeping Ruben and selling both Mason and Connor?

The club should keep the better player, regardless of who is willing to accept a role/not likely to play as often/whatever, which is Mount (and when I say better I mean quite considerably better and has shown he can play at a higher level). 

Can’t believe people are talking about selling Mason. Bit flabbergasted. Yes he’s had a poor season but he’s been one of our best players the last 2 or 3 seasons. 

You just want us to keep him because for about 4 years you were saying he is much better than Mount and now he’s proven he is anything but (in fact he’s not even remotely close to being on his level albeit a different type of player) but now you think we should still keep him? I don’t know what to make of that… 

Agreed on not selling Mount, but depends what he is asking for on a new contract. If it’s not realistic to keep him because he has outrageous demands out of sync with what we are trying to do then sadly selling him makes a lot of sense and would set us up well in FFP.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Bit weird to say that Mount is considerably better when they haven't been given the same number of opportunities at Chelsea so far.   Would be easier to judge if Gallagher was given 2 seasons to prove his worth without any pressure or competition for places. 

The interesting part is, people tend to forget Mount's previous seasons as there was nothing spectacular about them.  With the type of players we are getting now, it remains to be seen where Mount actually fits in the overall picture as we don't need passengers in the first team XI. 

As I've said before, Mount is the steady 6/10 player that managers like to keep in the lineup (because he does the basics right) but he won't win you games on his own...unlike the other English youngsters at City/Arsenal. 

On 27/01/2023 at 18:22, Vegetable said:

Imagine Benfica's best player negotiating terms with us, then swearing his love to Benfica and wanting to stay and then fucking away last day of the window by handing the clause sum himself (what has to be technically done anyway); Don't know if we can be more hated, but it would surely be prime stuff to watch. Their fans would surely love it too.

They embarassed us by saying publicly how badly we dealt with them. Even if true you don't do that. So that's exactly what they deserve. 

7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

The funny thing is Gallagher is even worse than Mount in terms of technical ability. The only thing he does better is shooting the ball.

But I agree Gallagher will be more content being a squad player.

5 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Bit weird to say that Mount is considerably better when they haven't been given the same number of opportunities at Chelsea so far.   Would be easier to judge if Gallagher was given 2 seasons to prove his worth without any pressure or competition for places. 

The interesting part is, people tend to forget Mount's previous seasons as there was nothing spectacular about them.  With the type of players we are getting now, it remains to be seen where Mount actually fits in the overall picture as we don't need passengers in the first team XI. 

As I've said before, Mount is the steady 6/10 player that managers like to keep in the lineup (because he does the basics right) but he won't win you games on his own...unlike the other English youngsters at City/Arsenal. 

All I can say is based on this season, Gallagher is terrible on the ball when under pressure. Even if he's in terrible form right now, at least Mount can maneuver better than Gallagher can with the ball at his feet.

I don't know if Gallagher can improve his technical ability. These are the kind of things we used to mock Lukaku for 

Edited by Blue Armour

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Yes he is struggling this 6 months but probably more to do with team than him.

Would be hypocrisy to say that for Gallagher, but not Mount.

I agree with your point about Gallagher being content as a squad player though., especially because he's a big fan of the club.

Edited by Blue Armour

31 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Would be hypocrisy to say that for Gallagher, but not Mount.

That's because I don't see the difference between Mount now and in previous 3 seasons. To have exactly the same season as previous one he just needs a little bit of stat padding against 3,4 worst teams in the league latter in the season and that's it. Player of the season number 3. 

About Conor would still give him more time but if he continues like in last 6 months obviously he would not reach expectations. But again 4th or 5th choice in MF so no damage, Mount is playing every game. 

10 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

That's because I don't see the difference between Mount now and in previous 3 seasons. To have exactly the same season as previous one he just needs a little bit of stat padding against 3,4 worst teams in the league latter in the season and that's it. Player of the season number 3. 

About Conor would still give him more time but if he continues like in last 6 months obviously he would not reach expectations. But again 4th or 5th choice in MF so no damage, Mount is playing every game. 

I think the difference in Mount's form this season is more than just his padded stats. There was a time when him not being in the team made a big difference, leading to Tuchel making him a guaranteed starter. And it's not like he hasn't delivered against big teams, ever.  But let's agree to disagree. He's in terrible form right now and that we can all agree on. It's on him to fix that.

I'm still not sure about Gallagher., as I don't know if his technical limitations can be fixed. But I agree he can be a decent squad player. I just don't think he is anyway better than Mount.

8 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

But would Mount accept that role? Looks like we are going to 4231 direction. He cannot play double pivot and for number 10 now we have Nkunku, Felix way superior players. 

Regarding Gallagher I feel I have been proven right. I was praising him when he just started in Championship for Charlton. Meanwhile he was POTY for mid table PL team, was in talk for team of the season in PL actually many ex players put him there last season. And was selected for World Cup. Yes he is struggling this 6 months but probably more to do with team than him. Also so far he just had 6 PL starts so jury is still out for him.

By Lamps words Mount he is very upset when not picked regularly and wants some crazy money. Reality is he has one year left on contract in the summer. Two options for the club. Give him 300k per week and regular place or cash in not to lose him on free. You are questioning many fans for wanting option number two which sounds logical. Mount at his best day is not worth anywhere near 300k yet this one. 

The best squads have the best players though. I mean listen to yourself. Do you think at City Stones, Dias, Laporte accept not playing every week? Do you think Grealish, Mahrez, Foden, Silva accept not playing every week? Do you think ANY top player accepts not playing every week? The ones who are under 30 and are willing to sit on the bench/rarely play are the worst ones because they don’t ever go on to achieve anything as they never push themselves. Hence why RLC has never ever kicked on, he should have left the club permanently years ago but he would rather sit, have maybe 6-8 starts a season and make £150k a week.

Nkunku coming in also means its doubtful Felix will stay IMO, because again, unless we sell Mount why would he stay? Nkunku and Felix are both 10s/second strikers. Why spend 63m on Nkunku only to go and spend 70-80m on Felix in the summer (although who knows with Boehly)? I mean the Felix staying logic is coming from people seeming to think we wont try sign a CF in the summer also, which we likely will. Also Felix has played 45 mins for Chelsea so lets see how the next 5 months play out, his career is still very much up in the air in terms of his consistency, he’s not done a great deal the past 2 season.

Proven right? Why because Connor did good in the championship? Then had a good season at Palace? Didn’t Loftus-Cheek also do good at Palace and barring 12 weeks here struggle/not do anything of note? Yes he was selected for the World Cup but he was a surprise selection I think thats fair to say. Ruben also went to the 2018 WC after a good season with Palace too and again was a surprise selection, so does that mean anything? And hows that 6 months struggling excuse not the same for Mount then (not like we’ve particularly great or consistent when he’s been in the team barring a good spell with Tuchel) and also again, Mount had a good season in the championship with Derby prior to being integrated here 🤣

Honestly it just seems as if the excuse suits for some but not others. 6 PL starts or not, it is clear to see he is not ready/good enough to play for Chelsea. That much is clear. You just have some sort of agenda against Mount. Clearly.

And the money logic is even more stupid, the club isn’t going to evaporate into thin air if we give Mason around the same wages Reece got, or a bit more, is it? 🤣 I mean we’ve got guys like CHO and RLC on 150k a week, Koulibaly is apparently on nearly 300k a week, Sterlings on 325k a week apparently, Lukaku was on 325k a week. 

7 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

But he is considerably better? How is it weird to say? CG looks like a rabbit in the headlights playing for us. He might run about but his personality and technical ability on the ball, he is well out of his depth. I mean playing well for Palace means nothing, look at RLC he had a “good season” there hows his career fared?

He might come good true eventually true but Mount, who had double figure goals and assists last season, is a much better player. Not sure how its even a debate.

And again, funny you mention the English youngsters at City/Arsenal, Mount is much closer to them than Connor is ability wise and always will be.

Edited by OneMoSalah

2 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

All I can say is based on this season, Gallagher is terrible on the ball when under pressure. Even if he's in terrible form right now, at least Mount can maneuver better than Gallagher can with the ball at his feet.

I don't know if Gallagher can improve his technical ability. These are the kind of things we used to mock Lukaku for 

Players cannot improve their innate technical ability. They can only learn to make better use of what they have. Remember when people were telling us that Rom had been doing extra training with Conte and had improved his? The Messi principle applies; if players could improve their innate technical level, then why wouldn't they all just keep practicing until they became Lionel Messi?

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

I think the difference in Mount's form this season is more than just his padded stats. There was a time when him not being in the team made a big difference, leading to Tuchel making him a guaranteed starter. And it's not like he hasn't delivered against big teams, ever.  But let's agree to disagree. He's in terrible form right now and that we can all agree on. It's on him to fix that.

I'm still not sure about Gallagher., as I don't know if his technical limitations can be fixed. But I agree he can be a decent squad player. I just don't think he is anyway better than Mount.

And during that time, he also had the likes of Kante, Kovacic, Jorginho controlling the midfield.  As I said, him being a guaranteed starter was only because he was a good fit on the wing for Tuchel's tactics with a class midfield behind him. 

The problem moving forward will be utilizing Mudyrk, Nkunku, possibly Felix in attack....which leaves Mount as the odd man out.  Haven't seen a single game where Mount has actually influenced the game from midfield. 

36 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

The best squads have the best players though. I mean listen to yourself. Do you think at City Stones, Dias, Laporte accept not playing every week? Do you think Grealish, Mahrez, Foden, Silva accept not playing every week? Do you think ANY top player accepts not playing every week? The ones who are under 30 and are willing to sit on the bench/rarely play are the worst ones because they don’t ever go on to achieve anything as they never push themselves. Hence why RLC has never ever kicked on, he should have left the club permanently years ago but he would rather sit, have maybe 6-8 starts a season and make £150k a week.

Nkunku coming in also means its doubtful Felix will stay IMO, because again, unless we sell Mount why would he stay? Nkunku and Felix are both 10s/second strikers. Why spend 63m on Nkunku only to go and spend 70-80m on Felix in the summer (although who knows with Boehly)? I mean the Felix staying logic is coming from people seeming to think we wont try sign a CF in the summer also, which we likely will. Also Felix has played 45 mins for Chelsea so lets see how the next 5 months play out, his career is still very much up in the air in terms of his consistency, he’s not done a great deal the past 2 season.

Proven right? Why because Connor did good in the championship? Then had a good season at Palace? Didn’t Loftus-Cheek also do good at Palace and barring 12 weeks here struggle/not do anything of note? Yes he was selected for the World Cup but he was a surprise selection I think thats fair to say. Ruben also went to the 2018 WC after a good season with Palace too and again was a surprise selection, so does that mean anything? And hows that 6 months struggling excuse not the same for Mount then (not like we’ve particularly great or consistent when he’s been in the team barring a good spell with Tuchel) and also again, Mount had a good season in the championship with Derby prior to being integrated here 🤣

Honestly it just seems as if the excuse suits for some but not others. 6 PL starts or not, it is clear to see he is not ready/good enough to play for Chelsea. That much is clear. You just have some sort of agenda against Mount. Clearly.

And the money logic is even more stupid, the club isn’t going to evaporate into thin air if we give Mason around the same wages Reece got, or a bit more, is it? 🤣 I mean we’ve got guys like CHO and RLC on 150k a week, Koulibaly is apparently on nearly 300k a week, Sterlings on 325k a week apparently, Lukaku was on 325k a week. 

But he is considerably better? How is it weird to say? CG looks like a rabbit in the headlights playing for us. He might run about but his personality and technical ability on the ball, he is well out of his depth. I mean playing well for Palace means nothing, look at RLC he had a “good season” there hows his career fared?

He might come good true eventually true but Mount, who had double figure goals and assists last season, is a much better player. Not sure how its even a debate.

And again, funny you mention the English youngsters at City/Arsenal, Mount is much closer to them than Connor is ability wise and always will be.

I like how you had to bring up Gallagher at the end of your point just to inflate Mount's value once more.  Not sure why you're trying to compare starting quality youngsters like Saka/Foden to a young English squad player like Gallagher...that's comparing apples to oranges.  

At the end of the day, let's put it this way, if Mount stays here as a starter, we won't be better than a top 4 side for years to come (I highly doubt he would accept a squad role).   

12 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

He will have one more year left on contract in the summer. I think 35-40m should do it. 

Also I just checked Liverpool players salaries and cannot see them giving him more than 150k. They are way more conservative than us in that department. 

Selling Mount for £35-40m is probably the worst post I have seen in the last 2 to 3 months. Utter madness.

SMDH

28 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Selling Mount for £35-40m is probably the worst post I have seen in the last 2 to 3 months. Utter madness.

SMDH

Players with one year left on contract are usually half the price than if they have let's say 3 or 4 years. 

If Enzo doesn't have rc and is one year left on contract he would also be max 50m.