Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

They we're willing to negotiate initially, 120M in installments but we lowballed. After only wanted RC which became impossible for us.

Pretty much every credible report said they were never willing to negotiate. They even publicly said that they are pissed because we supposedly made them and Enzo believe we were paying the clause and then lowballed them instead

Just now, Artandur said:

Pretty much every credible report said they were never willing to negotiate. They even publicly said that they are pissed because we supposedly made them and Enzo believe we were paying the clause and then lowballed them instead

From my understanding they we're pissed because we supposedly made them believe we were paying the 120M or 127M as the release clause number not the clause itself. If we wanted to pay the RC from the beginning we wouldn't even need Benfica to come at the table to begin with just give Enzo the money and he pays off the buyout but they came at the table discussing terms and installments with the promise it's at least 120M but Todd changed numbers after which ultimately pissed them and said fuck it RC or nothing.

8 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Exactly what I said, we fecked this up.

1 minute ago, Artandur said:

??? I think you need to read that again. You are proving my point

Your point was they wanted the RC or nothing from the beginning which is false. They wanted 120M the same number as the release clause but in installments just as we wanted to avoid paying everything in one go. Now after lowballing and pissing them off they don't want to negotiate installments or anything and just want us to pay the RC which means us paying everything in one go and FFP fucking us.

So no top class midfielder this month, then. Fair enough.

Enzo IS worth the €100m price but we can’t pay it this right now due to all the other business we’ve done. Caicedo ISN’T worth anywhere near what Brighton want so hopefully we don’t do anything foolish there.

Now this next week before the window closes will tell us how smart our club is now. Will we do the smart thing and sit on what we have and wait for the summer for a midfielder or will we do the dumb thing that the Chelsea of old had been doing and panic buy some average nobody who will be stuck on our books for years?

13 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Your point was they wanted the RC or nothing from the beginning which is false. They wanted 120M the same number as the release clause but in installments just as we wanted to avoid paying everything in one go. Now after lowballing and pissing them off they don't want to negotiate installments or anything and just want us to pay the RC which means us paying everything in one go and FFP fucking us.

Cheers mate, i'm leaving this conversation now, before i become to frustrated

4 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Do Nkunku deal Todd, we all know we ain't getting him in summer.

Why not exactly? If Enzo prefers a move to another club, why would he even want to join us in january? 

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

So no top class midfielder this month, then. Fair enough.

Enzo IS worth the €100m price but we can’t pay it this right now due to all the other business we’ve done. Caicedo ISN’T worth anywhere near what Brighton want so hopefully we don’t do anything foolish there.

Now this next week before the window closes will tell us how smart our club is now. Will we do the smart thing and sit on what we have and wait for the summer for a midfielder or will we do the dumb thing that the Chelsea of old had been doing and panic buy some average nobody who will be stuck on our books for years?

I think its fair to say after what we paid for Koulibaly (salary & contract length), W. Fofana, Cucurella and Mudryk the club is still as it always has been. There’s been no real change on that front, still overpaying, still handing out silly contracts, no real plan for building the squad in areas it needs urgently - good reinforcements at CM & RB last summer/ this window should of been high priorities, particularly this window, not 2 wingers and an attacking midfielder for the best part of say £130m minimum all in. 

And with the rumours that Graham Potter is desperate for a MF player this window, I wouldn’t be surprised if we go and do something stupid. 

Boehly & co still have a lot of work to do in convincing people. I mean we’ve probably been properly linked to maybe 40 players since Boehly took charge. He's signed what 13 as it is. Barely any sales either - selling Ruben, Ziyech and Pulisic should have been a priority in the summer/at least now with 2 more wingers signed.

The “project” is still a mess. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think its fair to say after what we paid for Koulibaly (salary & contract length), W. Fofana, Cucurella and Mudryk the club is still as it always has been. There’s been no real change on that front, still overpaying, still handing out silly contracts, no real plan for building the squad in areas it needs urgently - good reinforcements at CM & RB last summer/ this window should of been high priorities, particularly this window, not 2 wingers and an attacking midfielder for the best part of say £130m minimum all in. 

And with the rumours that Graham Potter is desperate for a MF player this window, I wouldn’t be surprised if we go and do something stupid. 

Boehly & co still have a lot of work to do in convincing people. I mean we’ve probably been properly linked to maybe 40 players since Boehly took charge. He's signed what 13 as it is. Barely any sales either - selling Ruben, Ziyech and Pulisic should have been a priority in the summer/at least now with 2 more wingers signed.

The “project” is still a mess. 

Tbf Koulibaly, Fofana and Cucurella were before any of our current recruitment team was in and handled by a man who had never been in football before. 70m obviously is a huge fee for Mudryk, but i think the jury is very much still out on if we overpaid for him. In general i think our targets this window have been very encouraging, compared to the last years

As long as we avoid the likes of Anthony Gordon, Weston McKennie, and other bang average players before the window shuts I’ll be good.

Getting some DM like Alvarez or Sangare isn’t going to help us shoot up the table.