Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

40 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Was always a long shot to think we could go back to negotiating with Benfica for any price other than the release clause. One look at the Portuguese table tells you everything. Braga and Porto are in red hot form and right on Benfica’s tail. They lose Enzo and they may kiss the title goodbye.

If we were going to pay the full thing it would’ve long since happened so I think this one is dead, sadly.

It's interesting that none of the legitimate sources from England have come out and said that Chelsea have bid for Enzo again...it's all "preparing a bid", "looking to make another offer", just trying to create a story that isn't there. 

If we do sign a midfielder before deadline day, gut feeling is that it'll be Caicedo for the 75 that Brighton want.  Don't see the point of getting Kessie here for like 6 months.  

3 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

It's interesting that none of the legitimate sources from England have come out and said that Chelsea have bid for Enzo again...it's all "preparing a bid", "looking to make another offer", just trying to create a story that isn't there. 

If we do sign a midfielder before deadline day, gut feeling is that it'll be Caicedo for the 75 that Brighton want.  Don't see the point of getting Kessie here for like 6 months.  

At this point I think Gusto may be our final business this window and we’ll wait until summer when the midfielder madness will be in full effect. Every big PL club will be after the top midfielders and we’ll try to get one of them. 

11 minutes ago, bijitaq said:

16745343918263863811322731600717.jpg.bdfe5e1e3e90d30a7535324d1bfb1f7f.jpg 

"No means no"

"Rui Costa remains inflexible, Enzo only for the release clause"

"Chelsea offers 100m euros plus players"

Told you guys this newspaper is a rag. Also I call bullshit on that last statement, Chelsea has not made any new offers.

I am 100% confident "no means no" hasn't been said, that's what you say to a 4 year old asking for sweets or chocolate, not a 100+million deal.

57 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Large drop off in quality from Enzo

Definitely... not seen much of Mr Beans (fagioli) but Cacqueret is pants.

Not that optimistic on Enzo. The club apparently still wants to negotiate but it is clear wehave annoyed Benfica enough to not make go lower on the release clause. It is about pride for them now.

As for Malo Gusto I can see us hanging in there and in the end getting the deal done.

Purportedly, Lyon are asking for around 35m - twice his market value - which we could easily pay in an instant. But I think we are getting more methodical, professional and unrelenting in negotiations after those statement captures. Which is ironic as arguably a back up RB is our most urgend need.

4 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I am 100% confident "no means no" hasn't been said, that's what you say to a 4 year old asking for sweets or chocolate, not a 100+million deal.

Nothing that comes out on this rag is to be trusted. Yesterday he would leave for sure and today is staying but actually nothing has changed besides they maybe managed to dupe some fools into buying a few more papers. 

Edited by bijitaq

I mean seriously, what was the point in all these journalists yesterday reporting that the Enzo pursuit is back on when we’re LITERALLY at the same place we were a month ago? Benfica ONLY want the release clause and we are “reluctant” to pay said release clause. 

Absolutely nothing has changed. So all these people just getting Chelsea supporters’ hopes up based on nothing. 

The closer we get to the deadline the less and less likely Benfica are to even take our call. 

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I mean seriously, what was the point in all these journalists yesterday reporting that the Enzo pursuit is back on when we’re LITERALLY at the same place we were a month ago? Benfica ONLY want the release clause and we are “reluctant” to pay said release clause. 

Absolutely nothing has changed. So all these people just getting Chelsea supporters’ hopes up based on nothing. 

The closer we get to the deadline the less and less likely Benfica are to even take our call. 

Well what's changed is that we're apparently trying again, probably based on that upcoming ffp rule change. Not that i think that's gonna change anything about the situation

19 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think for sure Real Madrid, Man City, Liverpool will all be in the market for a statement signing in the summer and I think MFers such as Bellingham and Enzo will top most lists.

There are only 3 players (remotely available so no Mbappe or Håland) in Summer 2023 EVERYONE wants:

Bellingham 

Gvardiol 

Enzo

and a 4th that all want except one club on the planet (Citeh, as they have the best CF on the planet and a near WC backup already) 

Osimhen

IF all players on the planet  were all available, there are (besides Mbappe and Håland) only a handful of other players that every club would want (almost all are Barca and Real players or soon will be more than likely):

Reece (definitely preferred to the 3rd best FB, Hakimi as he is vastly better defensively), Alphonso Davies (the 2 best fullbacks by far on the planet), Vini Jr, and then the Barca/Real MF group of Pedri, Gavi, Valverde, and Aurélien Tchouameni.

The only other players would you could stretch and maybe claim next tier down global universal desire status for are Foden, Saka, Musiala, then:

Oblak, Cuntois, Ruben Dias, Kane (not higher, due to age), Rodrygo, Rafael Leão, Kimmich, Hakimi, plus atm (they are all ageing), De Bruyne, Lewa, Messi, Neymar, Sarah, and Benz. 

Nuno Mendes, Bruno Guimarães, Khvicha Kvaratskhelia (potentially), and Ronald Araújo are near those, as are Nkunku, Skriniar, Marquinhos, and hopefully Mudryk (eventually).

Some of those would not be needed by certain teams, especially a player like Rafael Leão and say Real Madrid, where there is ZERO chance they would carry (eventually as I FULLY belive they get Mbappe eventually) 3 left wingers, all who want to start at LW mainly or only (Mbappe, Vini Jr, Leão). 

1 hour ago, YorkshireBlue said:

And even then in my house, it still usually means yes in the end!

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

Large drop off in quality from Enzo

I disagree I feel they just need a bigger stage like Enzo did with the World Cup - especially Caqueret why wait until he moves somewhere and has a €70m is or €80m clause when he’s available for €36m now - why was no one bar maybe you calling for Enzo in August

I just find it pretty short sighted and funny that when we were linked to Badiashile in the summer people were also calling him pants and no good because we were linked to Gravidol and look how that for us.

Edited by bluesman2610