• Pulisic
  • Ziyech
  • Havertz
  • Sterling (association-trained HG)
  • Aubameyang
  • Felix
  • Mudryk
  • D. Fofana 

That's 19 non-HG, 5 club-trained and 4 association-trained players for a total of 28. The maximum squad size is 25 so three will have to be cut for UCL. Even if we leave out D. Fofana and replace Bettinelli with an U21 academy keeper for the B list to make room, that still leaves one spot to be cleared in the current squad.

For PL squad registration we're fine as Mudryk, Badiashile, D. Fofana and Chukwuemeka all still count as U21 (born after 1st January 2001).

Also worth noting that a maximum of 3 new players can be added for the knockouts so any additional new signings made in the January window would be left out if we want to include all of the other new guys (Badiashile, Felix, Mudryk). Maybe if we sign a new midfielder like Caicedo or something like that, he would be more important to have in the CL squad than Badiashile? Either way it's not ideal and we can't fit in everyone.

Is Carney not on the B list with Broja? If he isn't he may end up missing out.

Based on the above, Fofana will definitely miss out, so it looks like possibly one player. It'll be interesting as the one that does miss out, it'll be as good as proof that they're not really in plans. I'd potentially wager Aubameyang if Havertz and Felix can stay fit and available for the attack. Otherwise, massive risk, but the club may look at Mendy and just using Bettinelli as the number 2 in the Champions League.

How's it work with Premier League registrations, I'm pretty sure there's is a lot more relaxed than the Champions League and the likes of Fofana and Mudryk count as U21 players this season.

29 minutes ago, Jype said:

Only problem with that is how Pulisic himself would take it and how it would potentially affect the dressing room?

Pulisic? No player will take it lightly, even if they are injured and only have theoretical chance to return for final lol. Just imagine the press such player gets after being crossed out of CL. I guess this is the fast way to push someone out of the club

3 minutes ago, Superblue said:

Is Carney not on the B list with Broja? If he isn't he may end up missing out.

Based on the above, Fofana will definitely miss out, so it looks like possibly one player. It'll be interesting as the one that does miss out, it'll be as good as proof that they're not really in plans. I'd potentially wager Aubameyang if Havertz and Felix can stay fit and available for the attack. Otherwise, massive risk, but the club may look at Mendy and just using Bettinelli as the number 2 in the Champions League.

How's it work with Premier League registrations, I'm pretty sure there's is a lot more relaxed than the Champions League and the likes of Fofana and Mudryk count as U21 players this season.

No. Chukwuemeka would have to have been at the club for a minimum of 2 years to qualify for the B list.

And yeah for PL registration currently no issues. There's a free spot in the squad list for Felix to come in and the other new lads (Mudryk, Badiashile and also if he stays D. Fofana too) all count as U21. Next season Mudryk and Badiashile won't be U21 anymore so will have to be registered for the PL but by then we'll have had a better chance for a squad clearout to make room.

29 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

The most deciding moment in our imminent future, get a fraud like Sangare or Alvarez in January and we're fucked. Get no one in January and we end up with Rice in summer again fucked. 

We wouldn’t be fucked with Rice. Thats a bit overdramatic. I would say he’s a good player but his price will likely be inflated heavily. He’s improved other facets of his game, physically would offer something we don’t have in MF also as well as being a combative player who’s developed leadership skills at West Ham.

Yes he’s not a player who is going to control a game but he would still be a decent signing if the fee isn’t incredibly high (ie £80m and above and theres only one club getting the best deal and it would be WHU). And again with Kante’s injury troubles/aging, Rice could do some of the things he would do. 

Any club dealing with us, never mind a London rival such as West Ham, will expect big money with Todd Boehly’s approach of excessively firing dollar bills at clubs like he’s in a strip club 😂 but this will be the same for a lot of players we go for now - regardless of their nationality.

I suppose though any MF player who isn’t Enzo Fernandez is going to be treated as a downgrade despite the fact nobody outside of Portugal and Argentina even cared about Enzo Fernandez prior to the WC.

Edited by OneMoSalah

31 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I suppose though any MF player who isn’t Enzo Fernandez is going to be treated as a downgrade despite the fact nobody outside of Portugal and Argentina even cared about Enzo Fernandez prior to the WC.

I did, I was watching obscure Benfica games solely for him and even downloaded River games he played in, and I was far from the only one doing the former especially.

The idea that people are kneejerking on the basis of this world cup is just utter nonsense, if they were then Sofyan Amrabat would be getting equally raved about alongside him.

6 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I heard on commentary yesterday that Palace fans were booing Connor. Is that true, and does anyone know why? Did he celebrate the goal perhaps?

He did not celebrate the goal against. Just walked to a huddle of teammates.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

I did, I was watching obscure Benfica games solely for him and even downloaded River games he played in, and I was far from the only one doing the former especially.

The idea that people are kneejerking on the basis of this world cup is just utter nonsense, if they were then Sofyan Amrabat would be getting equally raved about alongside him.

Maybe my words were a bit strong.

I’d imagine there was a small percentage on here perhaps as usually there is for some of these players but I get the feeling that a lot of the hype/want of him was mainly from the World Cup performances.

But again, I don’t think its necessarily wrong to assume that, as it would be the main opportunity for a lot of people to see him. Unless your following Portuguese football or Argentine football beforehand.

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

I would not sell Ziyech to what now has to be seen as a rival club for the desired positions in the table.

Ziyech will bang for whoever we sell him to, absolutely guaranteed. Need to sell him abroad if we can. Sell Pulisic to any team in any league because he'll only play a few games a year anyway.

Just me kind of hoping we don't go and spend loads of money on Caicedo? Surely we can find our own man without just raiding Brighton over and over again for big money. Is he really significantly better than Zakaria? Will he even play if Kante comes back to fitness? Would be a very limited midfield if so, albeit hard to imagine us losing many games...

Obviously if we can get him for £40m then it is a no brainer but £60m+? I'm not convinced at that price.

15 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

We can't be picky, we risk of him running down his contract and losing him for peanuts, just sell Ziyech to Newcastle for 25-30M take him off the books and hopefully they need another winger (Pulisic or Sterling) and a couple midfielders (RLC, Mount)

1 minute ago, Mhsc said:

Just me kind of hoping we don't go and spend loads of money on Caicedo? Surely we can find our own man without just raiding Brighton over and over again for big money. Is he really significantly better than Zakaria? Will he even play if Kante comes back to fitness? Would be a very limited midfield if so, albeit hard to imagine us losing many games...

Obviously if we can get him for £40m then it is a no brainer but £60m+? I'm not convinced at that price.

Caicedo is very good and it will block Rice move in the summer which is a bonus. If you think the midfield is limited with him coming just wait until summer if we end up with Rice.