Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

47 minutes ago, DDA said:

Must be a secret agreement for Lukaku to go Atletico Madrid in exchange for Felix at the end of the season if all goes well.

Otherwise this deal is just stupid.

I wouldn't say stupid, Felix at least gives us an option in attack. 

Pulisic - can't rely on being fit
Sterling - has been bang average so far
Havertz - not sure what he actually provides
Auba - we get what we deserve for signing an Arsenal reject
Broja - out with long term injury

1 hour ago, lluubbeenn said:

The only logic I can see with Felix is that he will play in the Nkunku role. Whatever it may be in GP eyes. He reminds me of soo many failures and looks fragile mentally.

Hope I’m wrong on the second part.

If it was a £75m-£85m perm buy, and not a loan, it would be a WILD gamble.

I just cannot grasp the vision of what we are trying to do.

IF I had my way, my vision is

4 3 1 2

GK Oblak or Meslier

CB Gvardiol (backup is Badiashile)

CB Skriniar back ups are Fofana and Trevoh (Thiago has retired by the time this entire lineup is gelled)

LB Chilwell  (would love to pinch Nuno Mendes from PSG, but that is a pipe dream likely, maybe Zak Sturge blows up)

RB Reece

DMF/Deep Lying PLaymaker Enzo OR, if we fail on Enzo, Bruno Guimarães

CMF/DMF Hybrid Caicedo

CMF Box to Box Manu Kone or Carney

AMF No 10 role  Arsen rotating with Omari, right behind the front 2

CF/SS Nkunku

CF Osimhen

IF we go 3 across the front and drop the box to box MF, then Osimhen CF and Nkunku and Moukoko behind and wide, plus Diaby in the mix

Edited by Vesper

Felix offers flair, someone who can beat a man, draw someone in and be direct, we have nobody like that. Oh and he can finish better than anything we already have.

I'm not against it, in fact anything is better than nothing.

Lot of reports saying we are after a wide player, I hope Zaha is miles off any list.

Would be such a shite signing, one of the pettiest and most overrated PL players of the past 10 years.

But it does scream Potter and Boehly all over it, doesn't it? 

17 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Felix offers flair, someone who can beat a man, draw someone in and be direct, we have nobody like that. Oh and he can finish better than anything we already have.

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Lot of reports saying we are after a wide player, I hope Zaha is miles off any list.

Would be such a shite signing, one of the pettiest and most overrated PL players of the past 10 years.

But it does scream Potter and Boehly all over it, doesn't it? 

bd5084cb837db084051d4f4cd53e5b30.png

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

This is partly the reason the squad is a mess. Aubameyang was also signed because they just wanted any striker available in the market

16 minutes ago, Strike said:

This is partly the reason the squad is a mess. Aubameyang was also signed because they just wanted any striker available in the market

I think they got suckered in by Auba's big numbers at pinball league Barca

27 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea striker on Atletico Madrid’s agenda as they seek attacking reinforcements

Chelsea striker on Atletico Madrid's agenda as they seek attacking reinforcements - Madrid Universal

fbl-eng-pr-chelsea-man-city-scaled.jpg

From London to Spain, back to London, and maybe again to Spain?

'Moved on': Paul Merson is convinced Chelsea will sell £160k-a-week player after what he's just seen

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/pundit-view/moved-on-paul-merson-is-convinced-Chelsea-will-sell-160k-a-week-player-after-what-hes-just-seen/

Chelsea FC v Arsenal FC - Premier League

Paul Merson thinks Chelsea will sell Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in the near future.

Aubameyang, 33, moved to Stamford Bridge back in the summer transfer window from Barcelona, with the Blues prepared to give him one more crack in the Premier League.

However, the £160,000-a-week attacker has had a tough opening half of the season in west London.

The striker has three goals in 15 Chelsea appearances across all competitions, losing his spot in the starting position recently.

It’s quite alarming that the centre-forward can’t get into Graham Potter’s best line-up right now at a time when he’s got Armando Broja unavailable due to injury.

Merson thinks Chelsea will sell Aubameyang

Sky Sports pundit Merson is convinced that Chelsea will get rid of their experienced attacker.

He claims the incident involving him in last week’s Premier League defeat to Manchester City was the final nail in the coffin. Aubameyang was taken off the pitch midway through the second-half by Potter despite only entering the game as a first-half substitute.

“Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was taken off after coming on as a substitute in the first game against Man City and I think he will now be moved on. I think they will cut their ties with him,” Merson told Sky Sports.

“As soon as you are sub-subbing a 30-something player, I think that is probably the end.

“Maybe you can get away with it with a younger player, but in football it’s one of those unwritten rules. It’s a don’t-do.

“But Potter did it with him at 33 and, for me, I think he’s done.”

Journalist Simon Phillips has reported this week that Aubameyang could actually depart Chelsea before the January transfer window shuts.

In our view, the Blues should snap the hands off any potential buyers this month.

There’s no doubt Potter’s squad looks very thin at top when it comes to goals, but Aubameyang doesn’t look like the solution to Chelsea’s problems.