Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I dont care about football anymore. Ive been harrassed by police and probation officers for years and i want to kill myself. Fuck this fucking country. Fuck the police. Fuck everything UK. They destroyed my team and now i cant even enjoy them winning.

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

yes my available winger list is getting rocked up

the lines through mean they are now off the board due to announcing they are not leaving (or in Leaos cases, well soon renew)

or, in Chiesa's case, looks too badly damaged atm

Bold are all that is left

Right wingers

all 4 are having good to great seasons

Moussa Diaby (lefty)
Leroy Sané  (lefty) (IF available, a big if)

Ousmane Dembélé (ambipedal)  (if available)
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia (ambipedal)  (if available, but its the poison dwarf, so, like Osimhen, as HARD pull)

then the one advanced youth

Karim Adeyemi (lefty) youth (hard pull as well, he renewed this summer until 2027)

then a player who is NOT at all ready to buy now

Federico Chiesa (if fully recovered) (mostly right footed but can player either wing, seems to prefer the RW)

Left wingers

Rafael Leão  (if available)

Mykhaylo Mudryk (like Leão, he is completely a right footed LW, those two are the only ones of the eight wingers listed who never play on the right, and Mudryk is the only one listed who has no Big 5 experience at all)

wild card perhaps

Nico Williams, who is a right footed RWer, but lately is playing on the LW, needs another year I think, to make a full call on whether to buy or not

you listed

Yéremy Pino
Dango Ouattara

not sure if I am sold on either as of now

there are far worse out there, so I am not slating them off, just not sure

good picks though

@Vesper  what would we have to pay to get Diaby from Leverkusen? 

Feels like he could really break out and do some proper damage in the Premier League with his pace & dribbling down the flank.

14 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

I dont care about football anymore. Ive been harrassed by police and probation officers for years and i want to kill myself. Fuck this fucking country. Fuck the police. Fuck everything UK. They destroyed my team and now i cant even enjoy them winning.

Bye

And good riddance

12 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

@Vesper  what would we have to pay to get Diaby from Leverkusen? 

Feels like he could really break out and do some proper damage in the Premier League with his pace & dribbling down the flank.

I think he is worth 55-65m euros

split the difference

€60m (£53m)

that's £35m (€40m) less than what Shakhtar are demanding (£88m, ie €100m) for Mudryk, AND Diaby is left footer RW, exactly what we need (Mudryk is a right footed LWer)

I think the next one to come off my list will be Sane, as I do not think he leaves in the summer

so that leaves (for lefty or ambipedal RWers)

Moussa Diaby (lefty)
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia (ambipedal) poison dwarf, so hard pull, and he may come off the list soon as well

and maybe 

Mohammed Kudus (lefty AMF/SS who I think can play Right winger)

Dango Ouattara (ambipedal)

it's really coming down to Diaby (or wild cards Kudus or Ouattara) IF we want a lefty or ambipedal RWer

Vasco da Gama talent 

Andrey Santos: The new Chelsea star who has been compared to Bellingham & Casemiro

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andrey-santos-the-new-Chelsea-star-who-has-been-compared-to-bellingham-amp-casemiro/view/news/415546

Andrey Santos - Bio, Net Worth, Girlfriend, Family, Career, Age, Facts

On Friday Brazilian club Vasco da Gama confirmed the permanent transfer of Andrey Santos to Chelsea, becoming the Stamford Bridge side's third signing of the January transfer window for a reported €20 million fee and according to Brazilian journalist Lucas Pedrosa Vasco Da Gama will receive 70% of the overall fee—the remaining 30% will go to the player’s camp.

The young midfielder recently posted a picture on social media celebrating his transfer to Chelsea, but the deal wasn't confirmed until later when his club posted a good luck message upon his departure from Brazilian football. The overall package will make Andrey Santos the most expensive outgoing transfer in Vasco Da Gama’s history, breaking a record set by Paulinho when he joined Bayer Leverkusen for €18.5m in the 2018/19 season (overview).

In Andrey Santos, Chelsea have presumably secured one of the brightest talents in Brazilian football. The 18-year-old central midfielder was a cornerstone for Vasco Da Gama in Série B last season, scoring eight goals in 33 games, helping his club secure promotion to the first division for the first time in two seasons. Not surprisingly, Andrey Santos' market value doubled in the recent Brazil Série B market value update from €5m to €10m (overview). 

Andrey Santos: Chelsea secure well-rounded Copinha star

The central midfielder also stood out at the prestigious Copinha youth tournament, where he scored three goals in six games for Vasco da Gama’s U20. The goalscoring ability at the youth level definitely stands out when it comes to Andrey Santos. 

“He is just a very well-rounded central midfielder,” Brazilian football expert and owner of the popular YouTube account Tactical Manager Filippo Silva said to Transfermarkt. “By well-rounded, I mean great going forward, offers you goals, progresses the ball forward, and very good with his tackles and interceptions. He is very technical and has a ton of athleticism. More than your average players at both categories despite the young age.”

Even though Vasco da Gama played in the second division the last two seasons, they are considered a massive club in Brazil. That, in turn, means that young players are under pressure to perform right away. And Andrey Santos not only performed but also played a key role for the club, often manning the central midfield role, acting almost like a deep-lying-playmaker. 

Chelsea a big step for Andrey Santos - Need to show patience

“The league itself isn’t great, but it’s a tough league to perform,” Silva said. “Not the greatest field conditions, weather, hostile environments. “So, to do it at age 18 is quite impressive.” Nonetheless, Silva admits that the jump from Brazil’s second division to the Premier League will be a gigantic step for Andrey Santos. 

With that in mind, Silva stresses that Chelsea will have to be patient when it comes to integrating Andrey Santos. “Most Brazilians take a while to adjust; even big names like Casemiro, and Vinicius took a couple of seasons,” Silva said. The best course might be to send the 18-year-old out on loan or give him another season in Brazil. 

“I know they are different players, but Vinicius took three seasons to impress at Real Madrid,” Silva said. “I would be surprised if he manages to have a big impact before he turns 20. Not impossible, but patience will be key.” 

Andrey Santos: A bit of Bellingham and Casemiro 

In terms of comparable players, Silva highlights Jude Bellingham, Bruno Guimarães, and Casemiro. “I would not say the same level, but maybe a bit of a mix between Bruno Guimarães and Casemiro,” Silva said. “In terms of style of play, some said Bellingham, but I don’t think he is as dynamic or even has the same ceiling.”

Casemiro: Goalimpact graphic highlights a big jump when he was around 22/23

Casemiro is certainly an interesting comparison. The 30-year-old Man United star is considered one of the best defensive midfielders in the world. In terms of development, Casemiro’s Goalimpact, which measures the extent that a player contributes to the goal difference per minute of a team and is a good measurement for talent development overall, was relatively low at a comparable age but made a big jump around 22/23 to 164, which is considered world-class. 

Andrey Santos’ current peak Goalimpact is projected to be 134, which would be considered average for a player playing in a top four league. But the 18-year-old still has a relatively small sample size, and players playing in his position have the potential to make a big jump later in their careers than prospects playing other positions. 

Andrey Santos is projected as an average Bundesliga player but Goalimpact at the moment. But players often make a jump at around 22/23.

Silva has no doubt that if Chelsea shows patience, they will have signed a top midfielder. “The ceiling is world-class, but that doesn’t mean he will achieve it,” Silva said. “But he is one of the most highly rated U20 players in Brazil, and the expectations are that he will eventually become an important national team player.”

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

There's a reason the striker market is becoming scarse and that's because the game is moving on from the out and out striker.

Even the best one's who still score shitloads look awkward fits (ala Haaland at City, breaking record for fun yet still may lose the title to Arsenal).

next season there will on only THREE WC pure CFs (so no Mbappe) who will be under 30

Erling Haaland
Victor Osimhen
Dusan Vlahovic 

4 IF you stretch it and count Lautaro

and there are only 4 other CFs at all who are still WC (and they will be 35yo, 36yo, 30yo, and 33yo)

Robert Lewandowski 
Karim Benzema
Harry Kane
Ciro Immobile

11 hours ago, DDA said:

This Marcus Thuram fella doesn't look good enough.

Opportunity my ass, they knew for a long time he was on 6 months remaining and weren't interested but I guess the guy with potential, future and talent Moukuku has no interest joining this absolute mess and who can blame him with such owners. So now they turned attention towards some average joe who is riding a purple patch and hope shit sticks on the wall with him.

These owners are absolutely allergic to buying top end players.

'Special’ midfielder Chelsea reportedly want was the most creative u21 player in 2022, beating Enzo Fernandez

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/stats-facts/special-midfielder-Chelsea-reportedly-want-was-the-most-creative-u21-player-in-2022-beating-enzo-fernandez/

Dynamo Moscow midfielder Arsen Zakharyan ended 2022 as the most creative player under the age of 21.

The Russian has been strongly linked with a move to Chelsea since reports linked the two parties last summer.

His talents have been noticed by the Blues, with them seeing him as a ‘very special’.

FBL-RUS-CUP-DYNAMO MOSCOW-SPARTAK MOSCOWSporting Braga v SL Benfica - Liga Portugal Bwin

For reported reasons outside of football, the Blues were unable to complete a deal for the 19-year-old as part of Todd Boehly’s revolution of bringing a host of young stars to the club with an eye to the future.

The American added to the big-name additions with a number of youngsters that were perhaps not intended to be involved straight away.

The club added Gabriel Slonina from the MLS, before loaning the goalkeeper back to Chicago Fire for the remainder of their domestic season.

Zakharyan most creative U21 in Europe

Chelsea also brought in Cesare Casadei from the Serie A, with him plying his trade in the youth side alongside Omari Hutchinson.

It is currently unclear whether there is an expectation for Zakharyan to be instantly part of the first team in a similar style to summer signing Carney Chukwuemeka.

Whether he is or not, Chelsea will be safe in the knowledge that they would be bringing in an extremely bright star.

Mozo Football have stated that his three chances created per 90 is the highest in the world for players under the age of 21.

Blues fans will also be encouraged when they learn that Enzo Fernandez is also in the top five for the statistic in Europe.

Chelsea are reportedly extremely close to securing a deal for the Argentina international, with him seemingly set on a move to Stamford Bridge.

It appears like it is just payment terms being discussed by the two clubs at the moment, with Boehly looking to avoid paying his release clause outright in favour of a set of payments over a period of time.

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

where did you see this?

I didn't see it anywhere yet but I'm basing this on these Thuram rumours suddenly popping up must mean the board isn't sure Moukoko happens so they looking for alternative strikers. We aren't getting both and Moukoko will only join if he has a path towards the first team.

Edited by TheHulk