Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

9 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I'm happy with the approach of getting these younger guys. 

It reminds me of 2012 when we had a lot of younger players, but we screwed up by getting Mourinho. 

The real work of Potter is to blend those younger guys in. I remember reading how he did that at Brighton. 

That's why this season is a free pass, he needs to get rid of a lot of deadwood and older guys that don't fit with what we are aiming for. 

Theres no such thing as a free pass. I fucking hate that term. 

Was the same pish being thrown around when Frank was here with Roman. And the squad we have now is still better than what we had then.

I mean is there really a free pass for Graham Potter based on how things have gone so far? Would you say hes shown enough as Chelsea manager? Mentality wise more so specifically as well? Results wise, what does this season even mean if it doesn’t involve CL football next season? Were closer to 12th than 4th. We are 10th. If we finish in the same position he’s got to go.

Whats the point in him blending young players in if we are going to go significantly backwards under him? Which is what its looking like so far. The teams soft mentally. That mentality and attitude has got to stem from the manager first and foremost.

I genuinely don’t think the players are having him.

Felix bloke is reporting that there was a verbal and written agreement that the Chelsea lawyers completely backed out on. They instead provided their own terms which went against the verbal/written agreement. 

It's also no wonder why DiMarzio and tier 1 Argentina sources also claimed the deal was close to being done as both clubs had a verbal and written agreement. 

Smh. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

Just now, YorkshireBlue said:

It's business 

No it's not is shady tactics, I've never heard of such bullshit in business, you don't piss off people you negotiate with by inventing different numbers from the ones you set out initially, this just make you look like a mug and a man with no honor, what sort of credence can someone have in you if you show up with different numbers to the ones you told them beforehand to get them to sit at the table.

6 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

No it's not is shady tactics, I've never heard of such bullshit in business, you don't piss off people you negotiate with by inventing different numbers from the ones you set out initially, this just make you look like a mug and a man with no honor, what sort of credence can someone have in you if you show up with different numbers to the ones you told them beforehand to get them to sit at the table.

You answered your own question, to get them sat at the table.

16 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Do you still not understand the problem? The main problem is the American verbally told Benfica we we're willing to pay the 120M, Benfica came to the table BECAUSE of this, they we're willing to negotiate instead of buyout knowing Boehly told them an offer around 120M was on the table. The negotiations and time wasting happened because Benfica was told something and as soon as they discussed Boehly came up with other numbers 85M. 

Of course they got pissed off and rightfully so, what kind of shady shit is this. Why didn't Boehly simply say, listen I want us to come to the table an discuss a price around 85-90M for Enzo but of course he didn't do this because Benfica wouldn't even turn up for negotiations. The reality is the American wasted Rui Costa's time, wasted Enzo's time, waste Mendez time and wasted all our time. What a shady ass business work this is.

You really do rate this guy like he had 10 ballon d'ors under his belt, don't you? I pointed it out yesterday, the clause is 120 mil, wich is ridiculous, we could pay & go or negotiate, but negotiating OVER this clause would be just crazy of a bad deal. The clause worth in installments would be the absolute max of what Chelsea could reasonably do and it would be a borderline bad business.

It's really not like Benfica is in position of endless power here - club of this size lives of selling players and there is, I repeat, ZERO interest from other clubs on this guy, so it's basic business they put up more realistic proposition. Benfica can take it or leave, no harm done. Business.

15 minutes ago, bijitaq said:

I'm in awe of your entitlement. Did Benfica contact Chelsea to sell Enzo or was it the other way around? Benfica is a football club and we want to win silverware, that's it. Your club knew the conditions of the deal upfront. Imagine being outraged because a club doesn't want to sell one of his best players in the January window bellow the release clause. Delusional. 

That's how transfer market works, sorry. Actually, I couldn't care less for Benfica selling him or not, the clause is so ridiculously high to prevent it I guess. The only outrage I have is some people here crying for us to 10 times guys worth and, if any of the reports are true, tolerate some weird tantrums, when the right time to walk away from the deal was like yesterday's morning already.

Some of you guys are bringing up some knight-code matters of honor and dignity, whereas there is just normal business operation being done, somehow apparently livestreamed to dummy twitter reporters, lol. No one is kept at the table by force, either they sell or not, either we buy or not, end of story.

Edited by Vegetable

1 minute ago, TheHulk said:

It's business in the same way Donald Trump was presidential. 

Just a sidenote, but if You are guys shaken by the fact, that someone promised to pay asking price and then started to negotiate better terms and think this is some scandalous, dishonorable move (whereas it pretty much how negotation process works), better not even let your mind wander to think of how and what kind business did Abramovitch conduct throught his entire live…

3 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

That's how transfer market works, sorry. Actually, I couldn't care less for Benfica selling him or not, the clause is so ridiculously high to prevent it. The only outrage I have is some people here crying for us to 10 times guys worth and, if any of the reports are true, tolerate some weird tantrums, when the right time to walk away from the deal was like yesterday's morning already.

No. It normally doesn't work like that. You told Benfica and the player you were willing to reach the value of the release clause then agreed terms with the player and surely had a hand on his recent disciplinary issues. Only to then go back on your word and try to lowball us thinking the pressure being placed upon us by the player and his agent would make us fold. Well it didn't work. 

3 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

You really do rate this guy like he had 10 ballon d'ors under his belt, don't you? I pointed it out yesterday, the clause is 120 mil, wich is ridiculous, we could pay & go or negotiate, but negotiating OVER this clause would be just crazy of a bad deal. The clause worth in installments would be the absolute max of what Chelsea could reasonably do and it would be a borderline bad business.

It's really not like Benfica is in position of endless power here - club of this size lives of selling players and there is, I repeat, ZERO interest from other clubs on this guy, so it's basic business they put up more realistic proposition. Benfica can take it or leave, no harm done. Business.

That's how transfer market works, sorry. Actually, I couldn't care less for Benfica selling him or not, the clause is so ridiculously high to prevent it. The only outrage I have is some people here crying for us to 10 times guys worth and, if any of the reports are true, tolerate some weird tantrums, when the right time to walk away from the deal was like yesterday's morning already.

If they want to put up a more realistic proposition all fine, it's their right but why lie and say something else initially, ah right because Rui Costa wouldn't even bother with this 85M. If someone told me he was gonna pay me close to 120M in installments to come to the table and after discuss, waste my time for 3 days and show up with 85M I would be very angry as well. Despite us tapping the player, which would make anyone mad, Costa was willing to let that go and continue discussions and after you lie like an idiot about the numbers as well. If I was Costa I'd sell him for 80M in the summer to someone else.

1 minute ago, bijitaq said:

No. It normally doesn't work like that. You told Benfica and the player you were willing to reach the value of the release clause then agreed terms with the player and surely had a hand on his recent disciplinary issues. Only to then go back on your word and try to lowball us thinking the pressure being placed upon us by the player and his agent would make us fold. Well it didn't work. 

So what is the problem in particular here? That Chelsea tried to buy a player or that Costa already thought he mugged Boehly and counted money in his mind, when the London team had flipped the table and it fell apart? Benfica don't want to sell, no other club want to buy, so no harm done to anyone I guess. Thousands of transfers fell apart this way and thousands more will. 

The bold part sounds like a very common happening in football and, be it good or bad, mostly works, as the team can't do shit with a player who doesn't want to play there.

9 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

That's how transfer market works, sorry. Actually, I couldn't care less for Benfica selling him or not, the clause is so ridiculously high to prevent it I guess. The only outrage I have is some people here crying for us to 10 times guys worth and, if any of the reports are true, tolerate some weird tantrums, when the right time to walk away from the deal was like yesterday's morning already.

Some of you guys are bringing up some knight-code matters of honor and dignity, whereas there is just normal business operation being done, somehow apparently livestreamed to dummy twitter reporters, lol. No one is kept at the table by force, either they sell or not, either we buy or not, end of story.

Well they probably have all the power here. Multiple clubs are reported intrested in signing Enzo but only in the summer. Benfica can easily sit back and wait for a bidding war comes the summer. Not to mention they fighting for the league and doesnt wanna lose their golden egg.

If we want to sign Enzo in january? Well pay the damn asking price. Instead we are making a fool out of ourselves and becoming a bigger meme than Harry Maguire. 

28 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Theres no such thing as a free pass. I fucking hate that term. 

Was the same pish being thrown around when Frank was here with Roman. And the squad we have now is still better than what we had then.

I mean is there really a free pass for Graham Potter based on how things have gone so far? Would you say hes shown enough as Chelsea manager? Mentality wise more so specifically as well? Results wise, what does this season even mean if it doesn’t involve CL football next season? Were closer to 12th than 4th. We are 10th. If we finish in the same position he’s got to go.

Whats the point in him blending young players in if we are going to go significantly backwards under him? Which is what its looking like so far. The teams soft mentally. That mentality and attitude has got to stem from the manager first and foremost.

I genuinely don’t think the players are having him.

Well that's what it is, because no matter what Potter does he will continue to be here. 

Well bar being in relegation fight, that might do it. But I think ever if we finish 10th he will be still be here next season, hence free pass. 

Todd no way will he kick Potter out, he will keep at all cost. 

9 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

If they want to put up a more realistic proposition all fine, it's their right but why lie and say something else initially, ah right because Rui Costa wouldn't even bother with this 85M. If someone told me he was gonna pay me close to 120M in installments to come to the table and after discuss, waste my time for 3 days and show up with 85M I would be very angry as well. Despite us tapping the player, which would make anyone mad, Costa was willing to let that go and continue discussions and after you lie like an idiot about the numbers as well. If I was Costa I'd sell him for 80M in the summer to someone else.

Thing is, Your perspective is full of emotions, whereas there just isn't a place for them. High value business is often done with people you absolutely despise, yet have to smile and go on, because in the end it's all about money.

Unless you are someone in position of De Laurentis, being angry, offended, lied to or whatever doesn't really matter - if he'd sell in summer for 80 instead of accepting 85 now just to be petty that's still 5 million + inflation + players wages loss and in some countries he would have a public prosecutor on his back for this.

7 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

Well they probably have all the power here. Multiple clubs are reported intrested in signing Enzo but only in the summer. Benfica can easily sit back and wait for a bidding war comes the summer. Not to mention they fighting for the league and doesnt wanna lose their golden egg.

If we want to sign Enzo in january? Well pay the damn asking price. Instead we are making a fool out of ourselves and becoming a bigger meme than Harry Maguire. 

Stick has two ends - Enzo is hot and probably in his peak value after WC. Waiting is a risk, there can be a bidding war for 200 in the summer or he can be long forgotten by then and sold for 30. Is this risk worth it, each to their own mind.

16 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

So what is the problem in particular here? That Chelsea tried to buy a player or that Costa already thought he mugged Boehly and counted money in his mind, when the London team had flipped the table and it fell apart? Benfica don't want to sell, no other club want to buy, so no harm done to anyone I guess. Thousands of transfers fell apart this way and thousands more will. 

The bold part sounds like a very common happening in football and, be it good or bad, mostly works, as the team can't do shit with a player who doesn't want to play there.

Once again no one tried "to mug" you. We don't want to sell the player in the January window when we are 5 points clear at the top of the league and qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League. I repeat "We don't want to sell". So when Chelsea aproached us we stated that. The only way we would release him was if Chelsea paid the release clause, that was stated clearly from the beggining, Rui Costa was open to negotiate only a payment structure, That's because the player wanted to leave and if the value of the release clause was met Benfica would not get on the player's way. This is all before the disciplinary issues and the low ball offer of course, now we are even less open to negotiate. Everyone should just move on. What's hilarious is you claiming that Benfica is the club acting in bad faith in this situation. It's beyond delusional. 

Edited by bijitaq

35 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

You answered your own question, to get them sat at the table.

Theres also something called integrity in business and that goes a longer way than just getting people to sit at a table.